Welcome to Gaia! ::

It seems a little too large, too. I want this to be able to fit into my signature easily.

Okay, so categories of judgment.

Anatomy
Pacing
Site Layout
Character Development
Originality
Writing

Should any of these be changed to something else or should other things be added?

EDIT: Writing added.

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I would add something like scripting or writing. I work with a writer, and I'm sure he'd appreciate a critique on just that (and no, for the record, i do not need his permission to volunteer something he has written for this contest =P I own his...uh, butt. Literally. Oh, if it is any consolation, I just relayed him this post when he walked into the room and he made a funny noise, but did not actually disagree with me. Also he tells me this post I am currently posting sounds slightly creepy. I have no idea why. perhaps that is why I do not write my own manga anymore. >_< ).

*shrug*
Moose. I editted my post. Anything else?
[edit cuz I found the comment]

Hahaha, I feel like a bum. Is there anything else you guys need help with?
This thread needs more promotion or are people too afraid of the 2k entry fee? neutral

Are you guys going to promote this on SJ, Drunkduck, comicspace, comicgenesis (if that has a forum?!) because there aren't many people on Gaia that actually HAVE webcomics...

Hunter

Gah! Five pages already? Where have I been?!
What about adding plot development to the list?

Yes, writing is on there, but they could have decent grammar and such, and the story could still lack a decent plot.
Anarchy Rabbit
Vergessen Held
Ah, House. My inspiration for my assholery in CC. House is a man who should be help up as an outstanding example of witty, sarcastic retort.

... And being strangely sexy while doing it. stare

YES ... I CANNOT DENY THE FACT THAT I FIND HIM VERY ATTRACTIVE EITHER ...

EDIT: OO ... I'LL CONSIDER SUBMITTING MY COMIC ...
oooh, i'm gonna try this blaugh

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Well, I'm going to try and enter; but even by June, I'm not sure I can come up with 20 pages. I'd certainly be making it by a hair.

I suppose a lot of people who are just starting out are intimidated by the number of pages you're requiring. I'm going to go for it anyways, but I'm only on my 5th page.
Vergessen Held
It seems a little too large, too. I want this to be able to fit into my signature easily.

Anatomy
Pacing
Site Layout
Character Development
Originality
Writing

Should any of these be changed to something else or should other things be added?

it seems like if we have too many categories, there'll be too many points floating around and things could get messy. What about only three or four categories that are scored, with the other things being considerations, like

-Art:takes into consideration Anatomy, line work, and color work (if there)
-Writing (on a smaller level); scripts, flow of language, etc
-storytelling: pacing, originality, character development, etc

That way the judges don't have all these score floating about, but are still working off the same curriculum.
daidaishar
Vergessen Held

Anatomy
Pacing
Site Layout
Character Development
Originality
Writing

it seems like if we have too many categories, there'll be too many points floating around and things could get messy. What about only three or four categories that are scored, with the other things being considerations, like

-Art:takes into consideration Anatomy, line work, and color work (if there)
-Writing (on a smaller level); scripts, flow of language, etc
-storytelling: pacing, originality, character development, etc

That way the judges don't have all these score floating about, but are still working off the same curriculum.

Well, that might be easier.
I don't really think it matters much either way, but the other judges may think differently.
I like Dai's idea better as far as cats go. But let's not forget that a huge part of comics is also the actual sequential art. Meaning the page layout, the pacing, panel alignment, composition, speech balloon alignment, flow, and so on - all of that will also have to be taken into consideration.

I'll make a banner when I get back to my computer, which should be tomorrow.
thats a stupid idea chargeing 2000 gold when someone can easily make one of these for no charge and hold there own contest dummy!
Sasuke_Uchiha27
thats a stupid idea chargeing 2000 gold when someone can easily make one of these for no charge and hold there own contest dummy!

You're obviously ignorant and idiotic. The purpose of the 2000 gold is to weed out the jokesters and make this a competition with fierce and serious competitors. It's called being smart. Stay in school.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff