Welcome to Gaia! ::

LOL. Waltze, I basically wrote kind of the same thing, except more concise.
xd
Edit: I just saw your edit. Teehee!
By the way, we need banners, Verg. We need to advertise this thing. 3nodding

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Haha, I know.

I spent like...fifteen minutes typing it out, and when i pressed post, you'd already beaten me to an answer =P

I like your explanation better, anyways.
The minimum is 20 pages. You can't have any less than that.

So we can divide art and writing into multiple parts and have site layout as another.

What I don't want is to dictate that a comic needs anatomy. There are a lot of good art styles that just don't use anatomy as much as others, but can look just as good.

EDIT: I asked earlier who could help come up with banners. I'm not artist, so I'd really rather not touch anything to do with visual presentation.

OOH LOOK! LEATHER SEATS!
Vergessen Held
The minimum is 20 pages. You can't have any less than that.

So we can divide art and writing into multiple parts and have site layout as another.

What I don't want is to dictate that a comic needs anatomy. There are a lot of good art styles that just don't use anatomy as much as others, but can look just as good.

I do think Anatomy is sometimes important though; There's a difference between stylized art and simply poorly drawn art.
Though I suppose that sort of thing could just go under the category of general comic quality.
Vergessen Held

EDIT: I asked earlier who could help come up with banners. I'm not artist, so I'd really rather not touch anything to do with visual presentation.

OOH LOOK! LEATHER SEATS!

I'm not much of an artist either, but I can slap together a good animated banner with Photoshop. If someone would like to help me with that, yeah. Just give the word. stare

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Also, those were just random topics I chose to use as examples--you don't actually have to use them! O_O

Although, Anarchy Rabbit has a point--when I was in college for animation, one of the first things we were told was that even stylized art has anatomy--heads are proportionate to bodies, and movement looks natural despite being stylized. There is a difference, and it's kind of easy to pick out (well, for me--maybe not for everybody >_< I have no idea--I'm kind of off on my own, and don't really have the chance to sit down and draw with other artists anymore--it actually *might* be just me =/)

EDIT:
Oh, and also, if you are using the points system, things like anatomy can be way less critical to the core, if you think anatomy is worth less. Remember, you judges get to actually decide what everything is work in relation to each other =)

I like making banners =)

What needs to be on said banners?

Uh, it should probably be noted that if i didn't want a detailed critique so bad, I'd have been right up there, volunteering to organize this thing. I'm not sucking up, I mean that. =/ I guess i just want to help out as much as I can, despite my inability to be involved because i want to participate >_<
Sorry it took me so long sweatdrop
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
'Tis what I have. Anything I should change or add or w/e?
Emihaumut

It goes a little bit too fast...

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Emihaumut

insert random text here?

O.O

Also, it moves kinda fast. Can you slow it down a bit? *I* read fast, and i had to watch it 3 times before i got the whole thing--a lot of people pass over gifs if they can't read them on the first go-around.

The art and pencil moving is really cute, though =)
sorry about that sweatdrop
Better?

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
it kind of is and it kind of isn't--the text is moving at a good speed now, but the pencil isn't---if you post all the fames here, I could fix it up for you and have them moving as separate speeds, if you like?
I could do it but I'm a little sleepy right now sweatdrop If you would like, I can upload the psd somewhere and you can do w/e you want with 3nodding

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
sure =) though don't rush yourself--pm me with a link or something when you've had a good sleep =D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff