Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi all,

I'm writing to ask you what publishers you think might be most likely to publish my first comic book. It's 5.5 by 8.5, 40 pages and a quick read. When I say quick, I mean you could get through it in a few minutes if you read quickly. Not very wordy. It's a quiet kind of book about an old man and a coyote. No magic or super powers or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm asking you guys if any publishers come to mind when you think of a project like this. I haven't been published in anything major, so I know it's a long shot. But I'm hoping tenacity and the mailing of many book dummies will pay off. So the more leads I can get, the better.

Thanks in advance for any advice
The Egg Man
Hi all,

I'm writing to ask you what publishers you think might be most likely to publish my first comic book. It's 5.5 by 8.5, 40 pages and a quick read. When I say quick, I mean you could get through it in a few minutes if you read quickly. Not very wordy. It's a quiet kind of book about an old man and a coyote. No magic or super powers or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm asking you guys if any publishers come to mind when you think of a project like this. I haven't been published in anything major, so I know it's a long shot. But I'm hoping tenacity and the mailing of many book dummies will pay off. So the more leads I can get, the better.

Retrofit? Koyama Press? Paper Rocket?

A 40-page comic from a first-time author isn't going to pique the interest of most publishers. Dependent on the content, theme, and quality, your best bet is an arthouse micropress.
[b]On Kindle you can self publish and sell your book/comic, digitally. You can even set a price and have a promotion time to get people to select it for reading.
IronSpike
The Egg Man
Hi all,

Retrofit? Koyama Press? Paper Rocket?

A 40-page comic from a first-time author isn't going to pique the interest of most publishers. Dependent on the content, theme, and quality, your best bet is an arthouse micropress.

Thanks for the tips. I'll check out their websites. And I'm in Boston, so such micropresses shouldn't be TOO hard to find.

Feral Corpse:

Thanks! I didn't know that.

Romantic Autobiographer

Cool. Any of those publishers really good for printing in color?
I hope I'm not too late to reply ^^; There's a printing company called Ka-blam (www.ka-blam.com) and I know that they accept all types of different formatted graphic novels. (Afterall, that's the entire focus of their company) They print in black and white or in color, and they do comic/magazine type prints, paperback, and even hardcover. They offer other services too. Consider checking them out!
mangachan23
I hope I'm not too late to reply ^^; There's a printing company called Ka-blam (www.ka-blam.com) and I know that they accept all types of different formatted graphic novels. (Afterall, that's the entire focus of their company) They print in black and white or in color, and they do comic/magazine type prints, paperback, and even hardcover. They offer other services too. Consider checking them out!

Thanks a bunch for the feedback!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces