Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Conventioneer

9,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
LOL I know 4 people exluding myself. xd I know it takes alot of time and work,but ya feel good when you get just the first book of many done. Anybody else ever try to write their own? I'm curious too see just how many creative writers are willing. It peaks my interest of reading other writers/artists works. All of the ones I've seen so far are very good,and it makes me wonder who else is out there. Well? 3nodding
It's hard to be both the writer and the artist sometimes...trust me!

Distinct Seeker

Well, I started my own manga... and I wrote a 60 page story for english class... sweatdrop Anyways, I still need to finish my manga, but I know almost all of the plot. biggrin
Aye, I'm working on one. 3nodding I'm doing it all myself, so no hired writers or artists or anything. Tis very... Challenging. @__@;
im makeing a manga with a friend hes the writer and im the artist its very hard to make a manga with 2 people

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I think it's likely that virtually everyone in the COMIC CREATORS forum has tried to make a manga or comic.
True...Im currently creating a manga with one of my close friends. Were working on trying to submit to TokyoPop. We wanted to submit to Viz since our manga is a Action (meaing violence, bloody, gorriness!!! [sp?o.o;;]) and comedy (and romance...)of course. Sadly they dont take submissions crying
I am currently working on mine... but it isn't ready again to be put on paper. xd Making a comic is really hard and I don't think I'll ever be published. But I would like.
I have an Idea for one, and character designs, but I haveny put it into manga form yet, I'm really excited about this project, I hope it turns out good.
I've worked on alot of comics myself writing and art, its hard but its fun tho. Im working on a few project at the moment and just trying to save money to do self publishing. Ive done a local mini comic before and it was real cool, even tho it didn really sell, that i got support from local comic book stores and local comic book fans.

Beloved Conventioneer

9,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
LOL I hear ya all. I currently have a 3-part manga,around 90 pages. Working on part four now. xd Have any of you shown them to anyone?

Beloved Conventioneer

9,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Excel_girl
I've worked on alot of comics myself writing and art, its hard but its fun tho. Im working on a few project at the moment and just trying to save money to do self publishing. Ive done a local mini comic before and it was real cool, even tho it didn really sell, that i got support from local comic book stores and local comic book fans.

WOW thats really cool...you must be good. xd
and my friend have tried to make a manga but have faile miserable, we try though, and hope to become world reknowned manga artist, but we are still stuck in school so no hope there crying

Beloved Conventioneer

9,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Ah,you'll get it. xp Over the the summer,you can work on it and get alot done. Then work on the weekends out of school. That's what Chi and I do. We get it done. Just dont give up! lol
Back when our school switched from seven hour or less long classes to four two hour ones, I accidently got study hall for two hours one year and so I spent a lot of time making what could be considered early 'manga'. It was a bunch of characters I created basically doing parodies of whatever I thought of making fun of at the time, like Sta Trek or Power Rangers. A lot of people in my school became fans cause of that stuff amazingly considering it was all drawn on notebook paper.
(ex: my Power Ranger rip when characters were to shout out the dinosaur names when morphing, my versions said... "Easy On Oven Cleaner! Cherry Pepsi! Belgian Waffles! Soggy Socks!" To this day, friends of mine still remember that joke. O_o)

Continuing, I did a 30 page manga back in my high school art studio class, where I got to do basically anything for the whole semester for a grade. It wasn't the greatest storyline, basically overly inspired by the Resident Evil games (was a big fan at the time) with the U.S. military trying to make some sort of chemical to create a perfect and immortal super-soldier for wars that instead creates zombies and they over run New York City with only my main characters to stop the infestation.

My art teacher went through EVERY page and pointed out what he felt needed more shading or more detailing... It surprised me he even did that.

Then just last year I did another 30 page manga for my college Graphic Design class final, that also ended up being my Drawing final at the same time when my teachers apparently conversed with each other about it. (Saved me some major trouble for on class, doing it for two) It was about a young woman that shared her body with a long dead witch due to a pendant around her neck that she could not remove. Some demons show up to attack her, the witch personality kicks in and makes short work of them and then the the two personalities argue comedically cause while one is controlling the body, the other is still conscious inside.

These past couple months now I've sketched up two possible comics to be sent to publishers. One is a love triangle-comedy story about a college guy whom meets up with a girl he knew from Japan as a child when his military father was stationed there while also dealing with another girl he knows quite well that basically acts like a guy around him, putting him in headlocks and stuff.

The other is about a guy whose archeologist (sp?) mother, worried about someone stealing her finds, sends him an old lamp that turns out to have female genie inside that while wants to grant his every wish, she is not apt at doing so correctly.

Both are between 20-25 pages long. Going kinda by TokyoPop RSOM rules for that.

I'm also attempting to make a few others I've had in my mind for some time...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff