Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
I don't know what to do!!!! I want to start a manga and i want it to be cool and to impress my friends and such but i don't want to copy off any of my fav shows. The last plot that i tried was three kids got transported into a computer like are where they are tring to get out but that sounds alot like .Hack//sign >_< I Want to do it in the time of Inuyasha or Ruroni Kenshin because those are the best shows i've seen.

Please help!

7,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
No bumping in this forum, please.

First: realize what you're saying. "I want to do it in the time of InuYasha or Kenshin becasue those are the best shows I've seen". And yet you don't want to "copy off your favorite shows"? If the only idea you have is to do it "like" Kenshin or InuYasha, how can you do that and NOT copy?

You should not be doing a comic to "impress your friends", in my opinion. You should do a comic because you feel you have a good story to tell. If you don't have that, why bother to do a comic at all?
Dont worry if u make a copy, just try to make it better than the original wink
Good/Great/F*ing Excelent Advice:

Quote:
No bumping in this forum, please.

First: realize what you're saying. "I want to do it in the time of InuYasha or Kenshin becasue those are the best shows I've seen". And yet you don't want to "copy off your favorite shows"? If the only idea you have is to do it "like" Kenshin or InuYasha, how can you do that and NOT copy?

You should not be doing a comic to "impress your friends", in my opinion. You should do a comic because you feel you have a good story to tell. If you don't have that, why bother to do a comic at all?

.... Not so good/bad advise:
Quote:
Dont worry if u make a copy, just try to make it better than the original wink

take your pick =/
that is why we have *drumroll* .:FAN FICTION:.
its a cute idea... dont worry about copying if they ask u say iss a fan fic ;P

ummm but there is one thing that puzzeling me... how can there be computers in the time of ruroni kenshin O.O sweatdrop

Noob

She didnt say there were lol that was her last plot idea i belive?
I havent actually seen those anime but there in like fuedal japan right?
So thin kabout what sort of things happened in that time wherever its set and then that should help you think.
Heres a quick idea that im gonna come up with right now, if its in feudal japan lets say 2 houses are fighting it out over who owns a peice of land.
Thats simpel enough so then expand on it like, each issue could be from the eyes of a different soldier who might die at the end or something.
Or you could base it around a group of people caught in the middle of the war.
Then youd go deeper and depper untill a story emerges.
You sound as if you want us to give you ideas. No, I don't think that's allowed.... why don't you get someone to write a script for you, get a partner. Read books, drop the manga and read some real books, that's where I get my ideas. <--- the more deeper the better.
Well, I for one suck at plots, and even if I didn't, I wouldn't be giving you my ideas, but I think I can nudge you in the right direction anyways.
Inu Yasha is in Sangoku Jidai, the feudal era of Japan. Kenshin is...the Meishi era, I think? Don't remember. Anyways, they're both inh historical Japan. If you start researching Japan's history, you might get ideas for a story as you find out interesting facts or years of their history, and you could build a story off that. But if you do historical fiction of ANY kind, even with fantasy charachters like in Inu Yasha, you're going to have to research, so you might as well get used to it. sweatdrop
to.. impress your friends? ^^; well you see, that can't be your best inspiration for this... are you an artist/writer/musician of any kind? Are you familiar with inspiration? "An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention." (dictionary.com) Do you feel a powerful urge to create this manga right away? Are you willing to work very hard, because you feel that it's worth it, even if no one else thinks so? Do you have a few ideas for it that you just love, and that you can't wait to get on paper? This is what inspiration does. I think you have to find a few more things to inspire you. ^^; sorry. (maybe read some books about fudal times, & if you find some weird or interesting facts, you can base your story on them.. that would be my suggestion, rather then read other manga from that time, because that would be like basing your story on something that's already based on reality. That's like... taking a photo of a photo or something. ^^; )
And also, lots of people have similar ideas, but no two people will do the same thing with an idea. ^___~. If you put enough of yourself into the story, people won't be able to accuse you of coppying <3
good luck
I love sombody maby you heart heart -xxx-4-ever maby biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas