Welcome to Gaia! ::

Long story short (because I don't feel like pouring my soul out atm), I like to draw, I like to draw comics, I get bored really fast. I expressed this to a friend who proceeded to give me a deceivingly simple idea to fix this.

Does Gaia think it would be possible and/or plausible and/or actually do-able for one to create a story based almost entirely on viewer choice? Almost a 'choose-your-own-adventure' in a sense, just without the multiple choices put onto page. People would submit ideas, vote, and thusly the story would continue in a way that would be interesting for the audience and myself.

I would very much appreciate anyone and everyone to point out negative points to me, short comings, hard knocks, surprise corners, anything to aid me in such a plan.

Thank you.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Diary of a Space Monkey is run in that "let the readers vote for what happens" way http://spacemonkey.no/ if you want to look at someone who does do that.

There is probably some risk of having a terribly incoherent story depending on how you let your readers choose what happens. Like picking three options you offer vs. writing in whatever they think should happen. The latter option would probably make it more difficult to tabulate votes.

And I think you would need to draw fast or give people not too much time to vote so your updates don't come too slowly.
Kaxen
Diary of a Space Monkey is run in that "let the readers vote for what happens" way http://spacemonkey.no/ if you want to look at someone who does do that.

There is probably some risk of having a terribly incoherent story depending on how you let your readers choose what happens. Like picking three options you offer vs. writing in whatever they think should happen. The latter option would probably make it more difficult to tabulate votes.

And I think you would need to draw fast or give people not too much time to vote so your updates don't come too slowly.

Awesome! Thanks for the example. Couldn't really see the voting process since I couldn't get on the forums, but from what I read elsewhere I believe I got the gist of it.

And I was thinking, perhaps in the beginning giving a few more options like genre and, i dunno, character names? But after that perhaps letting people submit ideas and I pick a few for them all to vote on. Do you think that would be too terribly time consuming?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff