Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm going to start posting these here.
Lemme know what you think.
Advice on a permanent home for future updates (as apposed to my tumblr) would be good, too. I'm not too sure what webcomic hosting sites people still use.

Click through for full size.

Duck Story: Prologue

User Image
smile Looking forward to seeing where you go with this! I like it so far!

Personally, I really like using Wordpress for comics. Wordpress.org (with comicpress theme) is probably the most pain out of all the options because you have to pay for everything, set it all up, and run it all by yourself. But you get full control over everything, you can run ads, you own it all, and I feel much better about that myself. However, wordpress.com is what I've been using for mine (mine are vertical to be read easily in a vertical blog format, and I don't just post comics so this format makes most sense) and I've loved it. You don't get full control but there's the built in community, and a lot of people utilize plain blogging sites to run comics. There's something....freeing to me about posting comics in a non-traditional format. Like it takes the pressure of performing and having to compete with all those other webcomics off somehow?

I know there's still drunkduck, smackjeeves, and all that. Designated comic sites. But they bug me. Something about them just seems so cheap, and there are so many low quality things that just get thrown up there because it's easy. So I haven't used those in years, even though I know there are good quality comics running on those sites too!
Zeo
smile Looking forward to seeing where you go with this! I like it so far!

Personally, I really like using Wordpress for comics. Wordpress.org (with comicpress theme) is probably the most pain out of all the options because you have to pay for everything, set it all up, and run it all by yourself. But you get full control over everything, you can run ads, you own it all, and I feel much better about that myself. However, wordpress.com is what I've been using for mine (mine are vertical to be read easily in a vertical blog format, and I don't just post comics so this format makes most sense) and I've loved it. You don't get full control but there's the built in community, and a lot of people utilize plain blogging sites to run comics. There's something....freeing to me about posting comics in a non-traditional format. Like it takes the pressure of performing and having to compete with all those other webcomics off somehow?

I know there's still drunkduck, smackjeeves, and all that. Designated comic sites. But they bug me. Something about them just seems so cheap, and there are so many low quality things that just get thrown up there because it's easy. So I haven't used those in years, even though I know there are good quality comics running on those sites too!

Thanks!

Yeah, I sort of feel the same way about drunkduck and smackjeeves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff