• Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I.... I officially don't get what is going on. Which means you do need to work on your stories pacing, spacings and try to put accent on only most important things.
... are you for real?

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
well maybe i should not have rushed into comics
i guess i have to go on comic hiatus until i get better
fantasytraveler
well maybe i should not have rushed into comics
i guess i have to go on comic hiatus until i get better

That's probably a good idea, yeah. Your art needs a lot of work.

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

well i guess i'll go on a hiatus until i get better

Aged Codger

...are you serious? This isn't trolling, right? Not to sound mean, but your comics don't make a damn bit of sense and I can't understand what's going on.

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Annie Felis
...are you serious? This isn't trolling, right? Not to sound mean, but your comics don't make a damn bit of sense and I can't understand what's going on.

no... i'm not even sure what trolling is exactly
but i'm not trying to offend anyone
i taking criticism of my comic
so i got a lot to work on so i'm going on comic hiatus sweatdrop

Profitable Prophet

Here's the main deal, that everyone has already said: I can't tell what's going on!

The artwork is too chaotic and filled with clashing colors, overlapping characters and confusing backgrounds. That might not be so bad if the text was not literally the WORST I have ever seen. That's not me exaggerating. It is the WORST.

Horrible typeface, poor word bubbles that somehow simultaneously interfere with the artwork and allow the artwork to pour into the text and the awful text colors that blend into the background so that they become unreadable. It is simply atrocious.

(I know that was rather mean. But this is no way to start a comic. Study up on design of comics for a while before you come back to it. Your art itself is not awful, but the actual part of this that is a comic IS.)
fantasytraveler
User Image

User Image

well i guess i'll go on a hiatus until i get better
see this is better since there's actually breaks between the panels, however the characters don't need to have a different coloured text for each person, and the bubble doesn't need to be translucent either, it just makes it harder to read

a troll btw is someone who intentionally goes out of their way to piss people off or act like an idiot. Some people like to make terrible comics for the sake of having others waste their time trying to help them when the intent was for it to BE terrible. it's pretty much the equivalent of running into a room and being like 'Justin bieber, now ARGUE!!!' or 'Christianity sucks, just sayin' and then not listening to anyone as they attempt to reason with a troll. most trolls are easily identifiable by their language and behaviour and should be ignored

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:
see this is better since there's actually breaks between the panels, however the characters don't need to have a different coloured text for each person, and the bubble doesn't need to be translucent either, it just makes it harder to read

a troll btw is someone who intentionally goes out of their way to piss people off or act like an idiot. Some people like to make terrible comics for the sake of having others waste their time trying to help them when the intent was for it to BE terrible. it's pretty much the equivalent of running into a room and being like 'Justin bieber, now ARGUE!!!' or 'Christianity sucks, just sayin' and then not listening to anyone as they attempt to reason with a troll. most trolls are easily identifiable by their language and behaviour and should be ignored

well then i'm not a troll sweatdrop
i'm a amatuer comicker and digital artist
beside a little work on anatomy and realism i am good sketcher

i want some critiques and suggestions
so far my comics suck so much that some of the viewers think im a troll
now i would like suggestions to improve it

so far i need a better script, planned storyboard, better comic panels, lines and colors
don't skew or distort and
i have to take time on my backgrounds too i took drafting in high school ACAD was my friend i would use an example but i believe i turned it in
i'm always in a rush because of college work
but it's not an excuse especially if i want to make a selling comic one day

should i just go for flat colors mainly and only used shadows/shines to express event or situation
example
if a characters under an umbrella in a shadow or it a light glowing

so translucent bubbles make it hard to read?
i might have to make the text black and make it whiter
i make it translucent so the whole scene is visible

i tried giving color and font to start the individuality of the characters
but is it okay to make the text bubble outline a color
might not be a good idea so
i have to work on character expressions so the work can define itself
and accents

Aged Codger

If you really want to see how somebody does readable text bubbles with different-colored fonts, look at the comics here. Font colors should be subtle and not clash or stand out too much. The bubbles themselves should be opaque or near-opaque, otherwise it's harder to read the text.

You should not use a filter, photo, pattern or any combination of the three as a background to a comic. Learn how to draw backgrounds. If there's too much going on, then leave the backgrounds out of certain panels. A lot of artists do that. Mind your colors too...characters are supposed to stand out of the background, so the background shouldn't be more colorful or brighter than the characters.

Your art itself seems rushed. It all seems so...scribbly. Take your time, and plan out your panels beforehand by thumbnailing so you know how the layouts work. As things are now, your layouts are furthering the confusion and not helping us figure out what's going on. A better flow of panels and character placement in said panels, as well as better word bubble placement will improve things overall.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff