Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello. I'm not saying what comic but I need a bit of help. I'm planning to kill a character. Should I proceed or leave the character alone? surprised
depends on the char, the situation, and how they die.
True true. It all depends on the situation. It would deffinatly bring out a lot of drama in the series, but you can be sure there is at least a chance of it angering people.
If the story calls for it, do it. You worte it, you probobly know how it's supposed to work better than a bunch of random people on the internet.
It all depends.... Judging by the comments of people who read the comic, is the character popular? Because if he/she is, I wouldn't recomened you kill him/her off. When that happens in stories I read, I lose a lot of interest in it.
Thanks for the advive peeps! smile
I know I'm saying this late but, I say you should kill the main character then the series would end and I wouldn't have to see it. Also, you should show people you drawings or nobody will read it if it ever does come out.

Chickens rule!!!
I wouldnt do it unless it's completly neccesary for the story, not just because you want to add some drama. If you'r going to kill them anyway atleast make the death beleivable. Don't have a selfish selfcentered person sacrifice himself for others, and dont have them die doing anything out of the ordinary..but then again a change in their daily life or life philosophy could cause deadly mistakes. It's all about excecution. wink

Just do it tastefuly.
Sweet_silver
Hello. I'm not saying what comic but I need a bit of help. I'm planning to kill a character. Should I proceed or leave the character alone? surprised

Tragic wasted death? Nuriko... in FY. where a loved charater dies in a situation that wasn't worth it or is senseless? the sacrafice of a charater didn't go towards saving someone else?

Comical...like pulp fiction. The situation leading up to, during or after the event is one bad twist of comedy after another? Like lots of Hong Kong comedy action movies.....situation can be funny!

Heroic bloodshed as in John Woo films... where guys can only show their emotions for one another while pointing a gun at someone... heros and villians with honor always stop shooting when there are innocent by-standards around.... and good guys and bad guys will kill anyone and anything that is willing to hurt innocent people.... even the bad guys have honor? People are willing to accept death to protect what they believe in.... Terminator 2.... Sarah Conner thinking that it's irony that a killing machine like the Terminator can be a better father to her son than a real human.... the Terminator will never hit the son nor will never have time for him.

what do you want to say to the world? "death sucks but people do die", "we can all laugh at death because we must keep up our spirits"?
Well, when I think about killing a character, right?, I observe the connection he or she has created with the people who have read my story and consider if it would effect them, and if it wouldn't, I try and emphasis-when I write the death scene-on the fact of why that person is dying. It's always good to have a reason for those kinda things, ya know? Not all the time, but if it's a main character, I would do that...just a thought! biggrin But I personally think that the strongest thing you can make is a bond with your readers because when someone can relate to a character in your story, I think it makes it more meaningful for them. They want to read it, suddenly, because everyone is always interested in things that relate to them...well, most of the time *suddenly thinking* ...anyways, hope I helped! ^-^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff