Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Sylvester Sly
Kaxen

Pardon for the interruption, but you could try playing around with http://www.myscriptfont.com/
it's a super simple way of turning hand-written lettering into fonts, which might come in handy for you matching to your watercolour?

I've used things like that before. The third example font I used is a font made from my calligraphy, though I didn't really use it because it looked sort of mechanical, but I know more about tweaking fonts at this point.

Might remake it since my calligraphy has also gotten better in the five years (wow, was it that long ago?! @_@) or so since I've made it.

Hilarious Gaian

5,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Wow I'm a manga planner while my partner is a artist

Hilarious Gaian

5,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Will you help me get a show on air or not

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
perhaps I should make a thread for this but ill just ask:

any suggestions for websites to create for your own personal stuff? (like a complete and only you website) that isn't DA or w.e I have been working on weebly but most of my images pop up waaaay to small for you to read any comic examples I have

ive been suggested smack jeeves before but I cant exactly say its a webcomic im doing... not to say there wont be comics on w.e website XD but its not solely for webcomics that im doing this for

Shadowy Phantom

Look for a regular web host and code the site yourself. That way, you can do anything you want, in any way you want. The downside is you probably won't have a very one-page form to upload and present your stuff like on dA and the like, but that's the price you pay for control and flexibility.

The basics of website coding are very easy and can go a long way. Services that let you design your site out of templates or give you a WYSIWYG editor often make awful, messy code that's difficult to maintain and doesn't show up consistently in different browsers. Do it yourself and keep it simple.

Keep in mind that most free anythings (including dA, SJ, etc) put ads on your pages. If you're seeking to make something like a portfolio, it may be worth investing in some paid hosting so that you can be ad-free, since ads turn people off. However, there may be some free services without ads as well, see if you can find some. I can't help you there, I haven't looked at free hosting in many years.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kyousouka
Look for a regular web host and code the site yourself. That way, you can do anything you want, in any way you want. The downside is you probably won't have a very one-page form to upload and present your stuff like on dA and the like, but that's the price you pay for control and flexibility.

The basics of website coding are very easy and can go a long way. Services that let you design your site out of templates or give you a WYSIWYG editor often make awful, messy code that's difficult to maintain and doesn't show up consistently in different browsers. Do it yourself and keep it simple.

Keep in mind that most free anythings (including dA, SJ, etc) put ads on your pages. If you're seeking to make something like a portfolio, it may be worth investing in some paid hosting so that you can be ad-free, since ads turn people off. However, there may be some free services without ads as well, see if you can find some. I can't help you there, I haven't looked at free hosting in many years.

I think thatd be a really good idea. and although id say im a really fast learner, I have not a clue about coding. so thatd be an extra skill id have to learn....I know coding can get really complicated, what is WYSIWYG?

and yes, I plan to get my own domain but I don't want to buy any domains until I know/trust the website hosting im going to be working on. weeblys is cheaper for domains, and ill keep trying a while longer to see if its just me (sometimes I technology fail) but I really don't want to buy any yearly monthly w.e plans until I actually find that the site works at least that its accessible for me and any viewers

Shadowy Phantom

Static Sludge
Kyousouka

I think thatd be a really good idea. and although id say im a really fast learner, I have not a clue about coding. so thatd be an extra skill id have to learn....I know coding can get really complicated, what is WYSIWYG?

and yes, I plan to get my own domain but I don't want to buy any domains until I know/trust the website hosting im going to be working on. weeblys is cheaper for domains, and ill keep trying a while longer to see if its just me (sometimes I technology fail) but I really don't want to buy any yearly monthly w.e plans until I actually find that the site works at least that its accessible for me and any viewers

WYSIWYG = What you see is what you get. Editors where you edit the "final" result instead of inputting the code yourself.

You're confusing "hosting" with "domain". These are two unrelated services and you can have one without the other, or both, or neither.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kyousouka
Static Sludge
Kyousouka

WYSIWYG = What you see is what you get. Editors where you edit the "final" result instead of inputting the code yourself.

You're confusing "hosting" with "domain". These are two unrelated services and you can have one without the other, or both, or neither.

well I know theres a difference, like weebly would be the hoster right? domain is your name and your own personal site as w.e you name it. seriously im not tech savvy, I confuse words all the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff