Welcome to Gaia! ::

Careful, 'Neth. You might get eaten alive for making comments like that here.
Kaxen

As for sexy vampires... I'm never sure where I stand on the subject. My vampires are usually attractive but not sexual precisely (according to my logic, undead = abnormal blood flow = erectile dysfunction.)

You know, I never even thought about that.
I have an OC who's a female vampire, and I've messed around a little bit with the idea - undead folks' digestive systems don't work so well, so she can't really eat much... while she can't be killed, the lack of blood flow/new tissue keeps her from healing unless she gets donor blood/plasma/tissue, etc. It's made for some pretty bizarre (and goofy) situations lol
Sayterra
Dracula wasn't a sexualized myth. Putting the heads and/or bodies of your enemies on spikes around your fortress isn't cool, it's insane. Vlad the impaler was not cute, sexy, or hunky. The sexualization of Dracula came about with Hollywood, and was not intended as part of the original myth.

Didn't he setup a dinner with one of his enemies among the heads and bodies? I remember reading that a while back.
Mr McGrumpypants

Well, if Neth was to giggle after a bunch of us told personal war stories, then I'd jump down their throat. Neth also didn't call herself Happy Hitler the Snazzy Nazi.
Sayterra
Mr McGrumpypants

Well, if Neth was to giggle after a bunch of us told personal war stories, then I'd jump down their throat. Neth also didn't call herself Happy Hitler the Snazzy Nazi.
HehehehehEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT: I've decided if I ever change my name again, it will be Super Derailer. I'll change my avatar to look like a superhero.
There's not many vampires stories I like. I kind of like The Chronicles(O GAWD, that word) of Vladimir Tod; they're alright, but mainly don't make me feel as if I should take a power drill to my skull. I prefer 30 Days of Night where the vampires aren't sexy, not even Eben; they're crazy killing machines who see people as cattle. AS IT SHOULD BE.
I like vampires. You can kill scads of the hateful pricks and not feel bad about it. They're nasty buggers who make great villains. You can toy with the myth a bit to raise or lower they're power levels as you see fit. I jsut get sick of the noble, tortured vampire crap. I goofed around with some RPing on here years ago. Got involved with the '30 Days of Night' RP that was pretty fun. Then some douchenozzle comes in trying to be the heroic noble vampire. I explain to him OOC that in this RP was from a very good Graphic Novel and the vampires are the evil monsters come to feed. He persisted being douchey and was finally ignored by all involved.

I like vampires. I hate vampire fanboys/girls.
I'll be honest. I kind of like the treatment Dracula gets in Castlevania (and in Bram Stoker's version, unless I'm mistaken). He's not an ugly-looking mofo like 30 Days of Night but he's not really gorgeous either. He's also depicted as a monster, yet he's had wives he truly cared for.

It has this strange combination of making him a complete a*****e and yet still have human traits. Kind of works if you put the shitty video game writing aside.
Well to be fair, not all vampires in 30 Days of Night are evil. Just, you know, like 99% of them.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is my favorite video game. There was some interesting things going on with Dracula as a character there, but they do indeed maintain him as a convincing villain. His reciting Bible verses at the end was interesting in that here's a character that knew God but turned his back.

I'm all for stories of redemption, but a lot of the dreck vampire stories just seem to want to write off the nature of the beast. That's cheating. You've got to deal with that stuff. What made this person turn? What made them want to be redeemed? Don't hand me that love of a beautiful woman hooey again. It's played out, and most likely the vampire would just turn her so they could rumpus until he was sick of her.
Well I never finish a vampire book or movie because the vampire concept usually puts me to sleep so quickly I never get past the 10 minute mark. The only reason why I can put up with Castlevania is because it's full of other classic horror references as well.
FurryMink
Well to be fair, not all vampires in 30 Days of Night are evil. Just, you know, like 99% of them.
Yeah, but those didn't go around with magical super powers either. When they start throwing fireballs, I start calling the RPers morons.
I wanted to see that movie but never did. D:
Marty Nozz
FurryMink
Yeah, but those didn't go around with magical super powers either. When they start throwing fireballs, I start calling the RPers morons.

This.
Taiki, read the comics or books.
There's comics of it? O:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out