Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old Dirty Hank
Saying "stop posting" or putting [closed] in a thread title isn't a very good deterrent for most people.

This is triple-true when you're not a moderator because then it becomes a completely impotent attempt to control other posters.

Here's a rad tip straight from the Internet itself: if you don't like how your thread is going and you're too stubborn to learn or listen then just log out of the forum quietly and don't come back for a few days. That is the only correct way to handle this situation, excepting the abovementioned options of listening and learning and growing as a human being.
I used to watch Shin-chan when I lived in Spain. They put on a lot of anime on regular tv there, and it was dubbed better than the English versions. However I found Shin-chan to just be kind of stupid. Seeing a little boy run around being an obnoxious brat just isn't funny to me. It's ******** annoying irl, and as a cartoon it's not much better. D:

All the same, sucks that the guy died like that. =/

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Saraneth 6th Bell
I used to watch Shin-chan when I lived in Spain. They put on a lot of anime on regular tv there, and it was dubbed better than the English versions. However I found Shin-chan to just be kind of stupid. Seeing a little boy run around being an obnoxious brat just isn't funny to me. It's ******** annoying irl, and as a cartoon it's not much better. D:

All the same, sucks that the guy died like that. =/
Yeah. I never liked Dennis the Menace either for that reason. Never saw Shin-chan, though.

But yeah, sucks he died.
ninota
Mr McGrumpypants
I don't think spandex could save Crayon Shin-chan.

I don't think you got the joke.
I knew there was a joke in there. Does that count?

@Neth: I feel the same way about many sitcoms. A lot of them rely on a reprehensibly stupid character who manages to ******** everything up in just about every episode such as Ashton Kutcher's character from That 70's Show. I don't know anybody who fails that miserably at everything. Even the dumbest people I've ever met (mentally ill or disabled excluded) do not make the mistakes these people make.

EDIT: You guys ever read a piece of literature and make an analysis of it only to feel stupid in your literature class after you find out you missed something important that's buried in one of the most boring parts of the story?

I'm having one of those days.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I liked Ashton Kutcher in That 70's Show.

Though there is a line between stupid funny and stupid obnoxious. >_> I dunno... I treat myself pretty damn retarded in my own comics...
I just found out that in 2011, the United States' police forces will be switching over from the Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor (which has been in use since the early 90s) to the Ford Taurus.

The Ford ******** Taurus. The Taurus is ugly!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
I don't mind Ashton Kutcher in it, but yeah, I know what you mean. If there's anybody that stupid irl they tend to have an IQ so low they're legally considered disabled or something. Generally the ******** up character does piss me off. I hate all shows like Everybody Loves Raymond or whatever the ******** it's called. I hate the 'dumb husband, smarter wife, annoying family, plus some national/ethnic/ratial background' combo.

Also, Ashton Kutcher is good looking. That helps in making him tolerable.
It's just that smart people never do anything funny, 'Neth. Being a successful comedian requires you be a retard rather than being clever.

And I'm not the type to find someone more tolerable as an actor based on their looks. For instance, I think Meryl Streep is your typical old lady but she's my favorite actress. Jessica Alba, on the other hand, is a piece of a** and nothing else. I still don't care that she was in Sin City. neutral In fact, I was more surprised seeing the daughter from Gilmore Girls as a hooker.
Saraneth 6th Bell
I don't mind Ashton Kutcher in it, but yeah, I know what you mean. If there's anybody that stupid irl they tend to have an IQ so low they're legally considered disabled or something. Generally the ******** up character does piss me off. I hate all shows like Everybody Loves Raymond or whatever the ******** it's called. I hate the 'dumb husband, smarter wife, annoying family, plus some national/ethnic/ratial background' combo.

Also, Ashton Kutcher is good looking. That helps in making him tolerable.

Agreed. Plus the schlubby/fat average-looking husband and the hot skinny wife combo in sitcoms that's been going on since The Honeymooners.
Mr McGrumpypants
It's just that smart people never do anything funny, 'Neth. Being a successful comedian requires you be a retard rather than being clever.

And I'm not the type to find someone more tolerable as an actor based on their looks. For instance, I think Meryl Streep is your typical old lady but she's my favorite actress. Jessica Alba, on the other hand, is a piece of a** and nothing else. I still don't care that she was in Sin City. neutral In fact, I was more surprised seeing the daughter from Gilmore Girls as a hooker.

Actually, it's usually the smart people that are the funny people. Bill Cosby, Robin Williams, Eddie Izzard, George Carlin...

Meryl Streep is one of the coolest actresses out there. Hands down.
Sayterra

Actually, it's usually the smart people that are the funny people. Bill Cosby, Robin Williams, Eddie Izzard, George Carlin...
Stephen Fry <3

Hugh Laurie, Bill Bailey, Armando Iannucci, Ian Hislop, Paul Merton, Dylan Moran, Rowan Atkinson (he's not just Mr Bean!), Spike Milligan, Jimmy Carr, Charlie Brooker.. And this is just from one country and the last few things I watched razz
Stephen Fry is my god.

And I thought Jessica Alba sort of suited the part.
Saraneth 6th Bell
Stephen Fry is my god.

She did, but only because Nancy is a piece of a**.

@Sayterra: I was being sarcastic. I think comedians are some of the smarter celebrities out there. Comedy requires not just a good sense of humor but also knowing which buttons to push on people. There are some comedians that make me laugh constantly and then there are others who actually make very good points but ruin it by cussing too much or just being extremely obnoxious about it.

I should probably take note of the latter. I am such a hypocrite.

EDIT: Anybody got spare time to do another comic? I think I may have lost another artist. I handed a test script over to someone on devART but now they aren't answering my e-mails. I'll probably wait another week or so before jumping ship, but yeah... Need a new artist.
I really need a scanner. I'm at uni now, and so new s**t is required. I do have an A3 printer, though I still need the full cartridges, I only have the ones that came with it. The printer was only like £145, although I think the model is a couple years old. I wish I could get an A3 scanner, too. D:

And I need a new tablet. Something is up with the cable on mine that makes it disconnect a bunch. To be fair, it is almost 5 years old. But I can't really afford a new one right now. =/

Fook.

And Nancy is a piece of a**. I bet Miller was annoyed the movie didn't have tits poking out everywhere.
Mr McGrumpypants
Saraneth 6th Bell
Stephen Fry is my god.

She did, but only because Nancy is a piece of a**.

@Sayterra: I was being sarcastic. I think comedians are some of the smarter celebrities out there. Comedy requires not just a good sense of humor but also knowing which buttons to push on people. There are some comedians that make me laugh constantly and then there are others who actually make very good points but ruin it by cussing too much or just being extremely obnoxious about it.

I should probably take note of the latter. I am such a hypocrite.

EDIT: Anybody got spare time to do another comic? I think I may have lost another artist. I handed a test script over to someone on devART but now they aren't answering my e-mails. I'll probably wait another week or so before jumping ship, but yeah... Need a new artist.

Sorry, working on Star Wars cards and my own strips. Enough badgering from friends and I'm now doing a weekly strip while scripting the rest of my EPIC FANTASY... err I mean... *koff* My mystery fantasy comic... *whistles and walks off*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff