Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeslieLark
Godwin'd. dramallama

Can you godwin a godwin? If so, we have just seen it.

This discussion is a verbal Klein Bottle now.
Not to mention in the right or wrong context, the meaning of a word can change completely.

"Boy, I'd love it if you got me a pop tart!" whee

"I'd love it if you got me a pop tart, boy!" stare

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hm. I do see what you're getting at, I think I'll observe the discussion a bit more.

Im sorry to those who I unintentionally offended.
Halowynn Quinn

I just think that a stupid kid with a username isn't worth so much energy.

Yeah, it is most certainly worth it.

People who say such things need to be informed about their errors.

People like Psycho Bunny who claim that their arguments are air-tight and undefeatable need to be shown that they are wrong as well.

It is pretty much the consensus of historians that the holocaust may have been averted if more people had spoken out against it in its early stages. That's why this s**t isn't tolerated.

That's why people like PsychoBunny and HappyHitler start their s**t talking and the moment a grown up gives them a lesson in proper behavior they slink away to play video games.

Or in some cases they slink away and return either with friends to back them up or a sock puppet account to troll the boards.

Either reaction is a sure sign that they know they are wrong and yet are continuing to act like babies.

----

PS I know this is far off the topic of comics, but we are trying to be educational here. If a kid walked into a class I was teaching on writing and started spouting about how funny Nazis are I would react the same way. We can't begin to teach those who want to learn until we deal with those who wish to disrupt for their own aggrandizement.

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Well I have to agree with you, because I've been royally educated on why the username is offensive. I can make an arse of myself from time to time, but I think my redeeming quality is that Im willing to listen.

no matter how much I want to slink off with my tattered ego and play videogames too. xd
Halowynn Quinn
Well I have to agree with you, because I've been royally educated on why the username is offensive. I can make an arse of myself from time to time, but I think my redeeming quality is that Im willing to listen.

no matter how much I want to slink off with my tattered ego and play videogames too. xd

good on you to admit when you misstepped though. Tons of people won't do that.

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm a firm believer in owning up to what you say. I've said something in ignorance, it offended alot of people, they told me why, and now Im not ignorant anymore. It was painful, I was embarassed about what I said after I understood what people were trying to say, but now I wont ever make that mistake again.

I suppose that was what Tovarish Groznaya, and now I understand.
Holy s**t, maturity on Gaia Online.

Never thought I'd live to see the day.
So Hitler jokes are out of the question, I take it?
ninota
Holy s**t, maturity on Gaia Online.

Never thought I'd live to see the day.

It seems to be soaking in here and there. Maybe there is a day on the horizon where maturity will be the norm instead of the exception.
Mr McGrumpypants

Maturity? Guess not.
Sense vs Sensibility
Mr McGrumpypants

Maturity? Guess not.
Because I enjoy occasionally mocking a man who was once one of the most feared men on the planet? Excuse me if I don't jump on your little bandwagon for the Internet Crusade against the evils of the neo-Nazi.
Mr McGrumpypants
Sense vs Sensibility
Mr McGrumpypants

Maturity? Guess not.
Because I enjoy occasionally mocking a man who was once one of the most feared men on the planet? Excuse me if I don't jump on your little bandwagon for the Internet Crusade against the evils of the neo-Nazi.
You're disagreeing that Neo-Nazis are evil? :/

Seriously, there's a lot of different ways to refer to Hitler without being an insufferable idiot.
Never said the neo-Nazi movement isn't awful. I just don't think it's worth taking the time yelling at people over the Internet for espousing those ideals. Many people know this gets a reaction out of others and will do it for laughs.

In person, yes, I'd have words with people who would persecute someone based on religion, race, gender, or sexual orientation. Some of those words being "baseball bat" and "broken legs".
Mr McGrumpypants
Sense vs Sensibility
Mr McGrumpypants

Maturity? Guess not.

There are those who are capable of making jokes of that nature, but is an extremely nuanced and contextual form of humor that requires a skillful delivery.

Something way beyond the level of "LoL Hitler Roxxors. Anyone who unagrees with me is as bad as Hitler is and is trying to holocaust me!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff