Welcome to Gaia! ::

If I could be a superhero, I would be Gambit. Exploding playing cards and a cool trenchcoat? Ragin' Cajun for the ******** win.

My to-write list:
A drama/romance webcomic about a guy with PTSD trying to raise a daughter.
A serious superhero webcomic that deals with being public about your powers and the various perspectives of what qualifies as justice.
A post-apocalyptic (so original!) tale about the re-organization of society after it collapses. Why? Because I love political intrigue. pirate

Facebook and MySpace are ******** worthless. I hate social networking sites. They're a ******** popularity contest and anyone that I end up befriending I already know in real life.

EDIT: My interview with Sarah Ellerton has been finished for almost two weeks and I'm too ******** lazy to edit and post it. I'm not even going to continue the thread if/when I post it.
Well, if we're going to stick in the marvel supers as well, then I think I'd love to be Wiccan--not because he's gay or that his boyfriend is hot (well maybe just a tad bit), but because he's a freaking spellcaster. A decent one at it. And he has a psuedo-twin brother. And a cape! And really, who doesn't want to be the As(s)ga(u)rdian? biggrin

The social websites.... I prefer facebook over myspace because myspace is utter crap. Facebook... is getting to the point of utter crap. I'm only on it because everyone at my school is and that's the choice of communication for group projects and stuff. I'm like, whatever happened to email?

And ooo, I'd rather like to read the interview with Sarah Ellerton (though personally, I don't like the story of Inverloch too much).
Held, I will fight you for that goddamned trenchcoat! D<

Facebook I use to keep track of friends. That's it. I don't really understand how anyone would go around using those just to get people they don't know to add them as friends and be 'popular'.

Also: Get off yer arse, ye lazy git.

Emi: I now feel deprived, since I didn't have an upbringing that involved comics in any way. I had to figure that out for myself, so I own no Marvel or DC. I want to see the gay characters too. D:
*twitches* Now I've got (manly)yaoi on the brain.
It's a ******** curse. burning_eyes
I really need to draw some men. I've been drawing non-stop chicks for ages, apart from a few doodles of my main rpc's face.

I always associate Wiccan more with lesbians, so I find his name silly. xD Blame Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all the 14 year old girls on the internet who are like 'ja, I liek girls and I'm a wiccan'. >_>

Also: Didn't care much for Inverloch. It was all right up until the end, which was just a little... wait? wut? that's the end? huh? for me. >_>;; The Phoenix Requiem looks to be pretty decent so far, though.

PS: I'm Wolverine. Look at my chest hair!
Oh, wait...
Uh...
>_>;;;
*cough*
I've sent the final copy to Sarah. Once she's approved what I have in there, I'll post it both on Gaia and on her personal forum. I DID have to take one thing out at her request as well as a few other things on my own judgment so I don't appear as much of an a*****e as I did with Keiiii's interview.
Oh, I rather like reading about Held the a*****e.

I didn't have too much with comics either, it was just the cartoons when I was a child. But then recently some of my friends (one of whom happens to be gay and just had to tell me about young avengers) really got me into comics. Sadly, I had to bit the comics, as none of my friends ever remembered to lend them to me, but if I had a comic book shop near me, I would totally go out of my way to buy Young Avengers (all three issues of them). Sadly though, the gay couple there are teenagers, but they referenced Northstar (a gay canadian superhero).

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I didn't get into comics until I picked up X/1999, and was like..."hey, this is awesome".

And gaaah. I wanna do a gag comic about an assassin guy, but I have too much on my plate as it is. xd
I want to do my comics, but gaaaaaah I have no artist.

Oh, and the new interview is posted. So read it and post in the thread to tell me what you think!

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Seijaku_Ishida
I didn't get into comics until I picked up X/1999, and was like..."hey, this is awesome".

And gaaah. I wanna do a gag comic about an assassin guy, but I have too much on my plate as it is. xd

Gag comic with assassin guy? I demand you do it! xD

I don't think I got into comics until I read Yugioh and Dragon Knights (looking back on it, Dragon Knights has unbearably terrible art... Yugioh, I still like) sometime in middle school.

Eloquent Explorer

Gah, stop talking while I'm asleep! *flails*

Although it does give me plenty to reply to. But then I'm going back to topics that were put to bed about twelve hours ago. Ah well, can't be helped.

I had no kind of comic-book upbringing. And neither did my brother, particularly. I remember us both liking and watching Batman while we were on holiday in America, but that was on Cartoon Network which we couldn't get at home. When he was a lot younger, my brother liked Power Rangers, but they don't have a comic... do they have a comic? Anyway, if you're including manga in comics, then I got into comics when I discovered the online Shonen Jump website and started to read Yu-gi-oh!, Shaman King and Yu Yu Hakusho online. I'd liked Yu-gi-oh! long before that, and actually found the Shonen Jump address on the back of the manual for a Gameboy game I bought. It sounds far-fetched, but I think buying that game changed my life in a weird kind of way. Or, directed it, let's say.

I like Facebook. I do find it quite ridiculous how people add friends that they barely even know, and then never talk to them, but it's great for keeping in touch and contacting people. It annoys me how I get all these messages saying I've been poked or invited to join this or that group, and so mostly I just ignore them and let them build up, but I've joined a couple of cool groups that let me talk to like-minded people whom I wouldn't meet otherwise. Like, I joined a group recently called 'Why Yes, I Do Frequently Burst Into Song' (or something) which is for people who know all the songs to musicals and films and like to randomly start singing them. My favourite song to burst out singing is the Phantom of the Opera theme. It ROCKS.

I'm not into Myspace; I never really got the hang of it.

You associate Wiccans with lesbianism? That's weird. I know two Wiccans and neither of them are lesbians.

While we're shotgunning superheroes... can I be one of the Powerpuff girls? <3

Neth - I love Blackadder. It is my favourite comedy ever... well, next to Friends. But I think only the third and fourth series are really good; the others contain too much cringe-y humour for my liking. I don't know that episode... is it in the second series?

Oh, and I'm exactly the same. Planning = love; execution = a royal pain in the backside. Last summer I made a long list of all the awesome things I wanted to do after my exams were finished, and then when the time came never got round to any of them. But I still want to make another list this year. x3 Although - *looks out of the window at the pouring rain* - it's not exactly summer weather right now.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kaxen

Gag comic with assassin guy? I demand you do it! xD

I don't think I got into comics until I read Yugioh and Dragon Knights (looking back on it, Dragon Knights has unbearably terrible art... Yugioh, I still like) sometime in middle school.
XD Somehow I knew you'd say something like that(assassins are smexy).

For the concept design, I felt a cartoony rather than my typical anime style would work better. Here's a portrait I did of him during break at work:

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Well, yeah, chucking in assassins always helps xD

Oi... I need to get myself out of Assassin's Creed mode more often. I'm doing way too much fanart... -_-'

Though now I want to draw Prince of Persia after I saw the new trailer @_@' Ubisoft wants my soul...

The cartoony style looks pretty good. He looks pretty cool. @_@ and looks like I don't want to bump into him in a dark alley.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Yeah, he looks crazy, I love'im already xd

Ubisoft owns my soul too. I haven't gotten the chance to play AC(I don't own an Xbox360 or PS3), but I'm a huge fan of the PoP games. The Prince is <3
Yeah, I remember as a kid always wanting to watch like the old X-Men and Batman cartoons, but they were hardly ever on. emo You had to have Cartoon Network, like Enchanted said. But I think Pokemon was my, er, gateway drug, so to speak. Then around 13 or so I started getting into rock and comics/games etc. (other than pokemon lol) xd Rammstein changed my life. :'D

I don't associate Wiccans with lesbianism, per se, and it doesn't happen so often now, but it seemed like a couple years back there were tons of mid-teen girls who were all 'I'm Wiccan and lesbian/bi!'. They're probably all straight Catholics now. :'D

Blackadder is awesome. And yeah, it's the second season. It's kind of creepy how Rowan Atkinson is actually mildly attractive in it. oO;;; That last season is so sad. D: The ending made me cry. (And is actually a mild bit of inspiration for the short comic idea I have >_> )

I've been making long lists for years. It's only now that I'm starting to actually manage to act on them. xD Something about actually finally not sucking at art could have something to do with. :'D

Thanks to all this talk of assassin's I'm going to have Bauhaus's The Sanity Assassin stuck in my head. emo

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Sanity can be assassinated?
...Kaxen, let me intoduce you to the concept of insanity. Ever heard of it before? XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff