Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
boy, this forum is really slow D: so id like to try to spark some convo people!

a couple starter...topics I guess. do you write or draw comics? (or both?) if so, what genre???and how do you approach your topic? I love discussing different methods since some people use ones id never think to and vice versa C:

and if you make a comic << totally link me dawgs, ill read it and give feedback if wanted

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Static Sludge

a couple starter...topics I guess. do you write or draw comics? (or both?) if so, what genre???and how do you approach your topic? I love discussing different methods since some people use ones id never think to and vice versa C:

and if you make a comic << totally link me dawgs, ill read it and give feedback if wanted

Yay, someone posted in here! Awesome!

I'll start by responding to your stuff!

I write AND draw my (web)comic! But I also work with a few other artist who occasionally draw or write a strip themselves.

The genre is comedy/slice of life/fantasy

I'll link to the comic here!
You should totally read through it and let me know what you think! The beginning is really old and kinda rusty, but once you get to the first Fenrir strip it gets a lot better(or so I've been told.)

--
And also, because I thought it'd be interesting to mention it...
I am a member of a website that kinda handles itself sort of like SNAFU, a creative collective of comic artist.
Check us out here: Name Pending Creations. Check out some of the other cool stuff on the site as well!
/advertisement.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Name Pending CEO
Static Sludge

I write AND draw my (web)comic! But I also work with a few other artist who occasionally draw or write a strip themselves.

You should totally read through it and let me know what you think! The beginning is really old and kinda rusty, but once you get to the first Fenrir strip it gets a lot better(or so I've been told.)

--
I am a member of a website that kinda handles itself sort of like SNAFU, a creative collective of comic artist.
Check us out here: Name Pending Creations. Check out some of the other cool stuff on the site as well!
/advertisement.

I totally will c: I just don't have time atm, only to respoooond.
that's awesome *nod* what inspired you? how long have you been doing it for?

im not sure what SNAFU is o 3o but im gathering from context a buncha artists? loool
hahah I will, and when im not lazy ill be putting my comic up , you should check it out as well! redface
that is if you like darker readings <_<;;

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Static Sludge
Name Pending CEO
Static Sludge

--
/advertisement.

im not sure what SNAFU is o 3o but im gathering from context a buncha artists? loool
hahah I will, and when im not lazy ill be putting my comic up , you should check it out as well! redface

Yeah, when you get time just let me know what you think : ]

What inspired me? Really....other people I guess. When I was younger other people wanted drawings and so I just did them, and before long my need to make people emote because of my art has been my goal.

I've been drawing comics since high school, but now I'm in college so yeah! A pretty long time.

I will totally check your work out. : D I'm always up for a dark read.

Dark is my middle name!

*Please note, dark is not her middle name.*

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Name Pending CEO
Static Sludge
Name Pending CEO
Static Sludge

--
/advertisement.

Yeah, when you get time just let me know what you think : ]

What inspired me? Really....other people I guess. When I was younger other people wanted drawings and so I just did them, and before long my need to make people emote because of my art has been my goal.

I've been drawing comics since high school, but now I'm in college so yeah! A pretty long time.

I will totally check your work out. : D I'm always up for a dark read.

Dark is my middle name!

*Please note, dark is not her middle name.*

ahahah! from what I read it was pretty funny XD I love cheesy humor. Ill check out the other site later C: oh how old are you? ;o im in college me self (going in the summer is always fun)

yeah its pretty gorey as well redface among other things my sites still being worked on >< hopefully itll be done by the end of this week <3 at least more or less

Sparkly Gekko

Static Sludge

It is kinda slow, isn't it? Hopefully I can remedy that! (Somewhat.)

I write more than draw as a general rule, but I both write and draw comics. (And I collaborate using both skill-sets with a friend of mine on our joint project, located here. We don't have pages yet because we're still in the planning stages, but we're working through it in between our hectic lives.)

My personal comic... experiment, shall we say, can be found here. With this one, I know the characters and story very well by now since I've been working on the plot for years, but I haven't actually drawn any of it until recently. I sort of figured, what the hell, might as well start at some point, right? So I've been doing short scenes that don't actually take place in the main story-line (such as stuff from rps, since I use those characters sometimes when I roleplay) and side chapters that might feature a specific character but not the whole cast. Who knows, maybe some of the practice pages will end up revamped in the real thing someday.

As far as genre goes, the collaborative one is a steampunk-ballerina... thing. It'll have action and drama for sure, plus some romance, but the core of the plot is being taken care of by my partner, so it's tough to figure out where it'll go unless we've got all our work spread in front of us. My half of the cast centers around the dance studio, where various things take place.

The personal one is a fantasy/adventure first and foremost, but it's also psychological. The romance aspect isn't really something I put a lot of focus on in that story, but it is there. There's also hints of science fiction and horror in it too, but that's more because I like to put my characters in ridiculous situations than anything.

So yeah. I write, I draw. Comics are fun to make. :3

I like figuring out page layouts and paneling. That sort of thing always comes easy. Figuring out how to draw the characters in motion is one of my favorite things to experiment with even though I don't think I'm very good at it yet. And inking! I love inking.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Goddess Rukus
Static Sludge

It is kinda slow, isn't it? Hopefully I can remedy that! (Somewhat.)

I write more than draw as a general rule, but I both write and draw comics. (And I collaborate using both skill-sets with a friend of mine on our joint project, located here. We don't have pages yet because we're still in the planning stages, but we're working through it in between our hectic lives.)

My personal comic... experiment, shall we say, can be found here. With this one, I know the characters and story very well by now since I've been working on the plot for years, but I haven't actually drawn any of it until recently. I sort of figured, what the hell, might as well start at some point, right? So I've been doing short scenes that don't actually take place in the main story-line (such as stuff from rps, since I use those characters sometimes when I roleplay) and side chapters that might feature a specific character but not the whole cast. Who knows, maybe some of the practice pages will end up revamped in the real thing someday.

As far as genre goes, the collaborative one is a steampunk-ballerina... thing. It'll have action and drama for sure, plus some romance, but the core of the plot is being taken care of by my partner, so it's tough to figure out where it'll go unless we've got all our work spread in front of us. My half of the cast centers around the dance studio, where various things take place.

The personal one is a fantasy/adventure first and foremost, but it's also psychological. The romance aspect isn't really something I put a lot of focus on in that story, but it is there. There's also hints of science fiction and horror in it too, but that's more because I like to put my characters in ridiculous situations than anything.

So yeah. I write, I draw. Comics are fun to make. :3

I like figuring out page layouts and paneling. That sort of thing always comes easy. Figuring out how to draw the characters in motion is one of my favorite things to experiment with even though I don't think I'm very good at it yet. And inking! I love inking.

oh hai! I remember you in the C&C;o I think I critiqued your personal comic. so do you do draw primarily or does your partner? specifically for the art on the artbies file o; I faved one on my DA causei liked it so much <3 steam punk ballerina eh? that sounds really interesting actually. I used to do ballet when I was little (no judging! it was swag) ; ) and I love any dance aspects, and steam punk is always good. I get that, is your partner a relative or a friend? I find I work well with my sister since she draws and writes as well.
oh man the panel planning is always fun, I love the fact that you can do the whole cliff hanger thing on pretty much every page and the punch it delivers <3 I have to agree, I honestly CANNOT draw stand still pictures (easily especially) its more natural for me to draw some complicated position ive never drawn before than to do stills of people. its just too boring, drawing is for experimenting and pushing yourself C: not doing the same thing over n over
I find I love inking too, ive got a long ways to go with it, but im steadily improving . how old are you guys if you don't mind me asking?
and what kind of comics do you yourselves read?

Sparkly Gekko

Static Sludge
oh hai! I remember you in the C&C;o I think I critiqued your personal comic. so do you do draw primarily or does your partner? specifically for the art on the artbies file o; I faved one on my DA causei liked it so much <3 steam punk ballerina eh? that sounds really interesting actually. I used to do ballet when I was little (no judging! it was swag) ; ) and I love any dance aspects, and steam punk is always good. I get that, is your partner a relative or a friend? I find I work well with my sister since she draws and writes as well.
oh man the panel planning is always fun, I love the fact that you can do the whole cliff hanger thing on pretty much every page and the punch it delivers <3 I have to agree, I honestly CANNOT draw stand still pictures (easily especially) its more natural for me to draw some complicated position ive never drawn before than to do stills of people. its just too boring, drawing is for experimenting and pushing yourself C: not doing the same thing over n over
I find I love inking too, ive got a long ways to go with it, but im steadily improving . how old are you guys if you don't mind me asking?
Was that you? I'm awful at remembering usernames, haha. Thanks again, then! :3

For the Artbies page, pretty much anything dance related is stuff I've drawn, while anything, uh, steampunky? is drawn by my partner. What we plan on doing is combining our styles for the actual pages, using a bunch of mixed media techniques for the artwork. The only reason we aren't farther along is because my partner doesn't have a scanner yet so we have to set days to upload her stuff all at once. Oh! But this one we drew together. We had loads of fun drawing that pic. It's one of the characters she's in charge of so she did the initial design, but I did the line-work, and then she did the coloring.

I was mainly a gymnast growing up, but I also did ballet and ice skating as cross-training, so there's no way I'd judge you for that. whee I think it's a good thing! It's a lot of work to get really good at anything performance related (just like anything else). For my half of the cast, I plan to add that dynamic of teamwork-but-also-competition in the subplots related to the dance studio.

My partner is a good friend who also lived with me for a while. We're pretty close, hang out whenever we can, and work on the comic whenever we can muster up the energy. We're both college-aged (although, I've graduated and she still has a year or two left).

I used to read lots of manga back when I was in high school, but there was one American comic I could never get enough of: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. emotion_awesome But mainly I liked stuff with distinct art styles, like CLAMP's various works and Saiyuki (love-love-love Kazuya Minekura's art style). Weirdly enough, I could never get into the art style of One Piece, even though it was really different and I usually like different. I was and still am a Rurouni Kenshin fanatic, too. Shaman King was also good. Really, I was all over the manga section of my library when I was younger.

My partner was largely the same from what she tells me. I think she liked a lot of shoujo titles as well, unlike me who wanted all action all the time and barely any romance. xD I know she's got Absolute Boyfriend on her shelf, along with a few other titles I know were popular but can't remember at the moment. Oh, but we both agree that Fullmetal Alchemist is amazing. She's a Green Arrow fanatic too, and many of our mutual friends are into DC and Marvel comics (mostly DC, I think) as well, so we both appreciate those types of works even if we don't read them religiously.

So, lots and lots and lots of influence from Japan, plus some from American comics, you could say.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Goddess Rukus
Static Sludge
Was that you? I'm awful at remembering usernames, haha. Thanks again, then! :3

For the Artbies page, pretty much anything dance related is stuff I've drawn, while anything, uh, steampunky? is drawn by my partner. What we plan on doing is combining our styles for the actual pages, using a bunch of mixed media techniques for the artwork. The only reason we aren't farther along is because my partner doesn't have a scanner yet so we have to set days to upload her stuff all at once. Oh! But this one we drew together. We had loads of fun drawing that pic. It's one of the characters she's in charge of so she did the initial design, but I did the line-work, and then she did the coloring.

I was mainly a gymnast growing up, but I also did ballet and ice skating as cross-training, so there's no way I'd judge you for that. whee I think it's a good thing! It's a lot of work to get really good at anything performance related (just like anything else). For my half of the cast, I plan to add that dynamic of teamwork-but-also-competition in the subplots related to the dance studio.

My partner is a good friend who also lived with me for a while. We're pretty close, hang out whenever we can, and work on the comic whenever we can muster up the energy. We're both college-aged (although, I've graduated and she still has a year or two left).

I used to read lots of manga back when I was in high school, but there was one American comic I could never get enough of: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. emotion_awesome But mainly I liked stuff with distinct art styles, like CLAMP's various works and Saiyuki (love-love-love Kazuya Minekura's art style). Weirdly enough, I could never get into the art style of One Piece, even though it was really different and I usually like different. I was and still am a Rurouni Kenshin fanatic, too. Shaman King was also good. Really, I was all over the manga section of my library when I was younger.

My partner was largely the same from what she tells me. I think she liked a lot of shoujo titles as well, unlike me who wanted all action all the time and barely any romance. xD I know she's got Absolute Boyfriend on her shelf, along with a few other titles I know were popular but can't remember at the moment. Oh, but we both agree that Fullmetal Alchemist is amazing. She's a Green Arrow fanatic too, and many of our mutual friends are into DC and Marvel comics (mostly DC, I think) as well, so we both appreciate those types of works even if we don't read them religiously.

So, lots and lots and lots of influence from Japan, plus some from American comics, you could say.

oh sh*t I totally thought I responded to this, my bad dude. be careful with the drawing together xP like the same pic, cause you guys might butt heads there. but from the description sounds like you did ink work then she colored?? also a tip D: even if you're each more or less agreed upon the division of characters and stuff again I suggest being careful xO the reader might be able to tell the difference right away of who writes for who. I get division of labor but make sure you blend your works together seamlessly.
oh man, scanners are such a pain... in the sense that it took me forever to get one while working with bills, then when I did it broke down 3 months later, got screwed out of a refund. and now I just barely got a new one that works wonderful <3 and it was cheaper then my first one scream
yeah I absolutely loved the one of the dude doing a handstand! so much energy, drawing from dancing is a terrific way to learn motion and such X3 its a delight to watch also <3
that's cool , im also going to college C: I know just with school it can be a aklfjdlaksjf hard time getting a regular schedule going. do you work? my day job has all kinds of random hours xO so its difficult for me to draw on a schedule (its more random wheneverf I can) and evne less when I post D:
ahh kazuya minekura <3 I love his drawing, he got amazxingly good in wild adapter compared to saiyuki O_O its insane. I like all of those names you mentioned xD plus a load more but its way too long to list so I wont unless youre lookin for more reading material. if you like strange things tho I do recommend reading...I think its taio matsumoto? he does gogo monster, blue spring, tekkinkonkreet and some other amazing things emotion_dowant
I grew up with an early exposure to manga, but I found once I delved into American comics I appreciate those more. each have their masters though . ALSO DUDE NAOKI URASAWA. YO HES LIKE SUCH AN INSPIRATION crying
I both write and draw comics. I write my own and draw what I want, but I also have to draw other comics that other people write.

I don't write comics with the intent on writing comics. I write down the random ideas that just so happen to pop into my head and start to grow on their own.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
zaMmaP
I both write and draw comics. I write my own and draw what I want, but I also have to draw other comics that other people write.

I don't write comics with the intent on writing comics. I write down the random ideas that just so happen to pop into my head and start to grow on their own.

same kinda, my brain never shuts off, but I never sit down and am like "okay time to write a comic" xD

I think thatd be kinda weird...from my experience when trying to partner with my sister and we did that, it didn't work, not that the story was bad or the characters or w.e , on my end I just didn't feel it cause I was writing /drawing just to do it o_e did that make sense? *rambles*

do you do webcomics ? are you published?? I think I recall your name in one of my threads recently but I could be wrong o 3o whats it like having to draw for someone else? (are those people you actually know irl or just online"?)
I used to post a lot in the past but, you know, dying site.

I used to have webcomics when I was in high school but I've moved on now. I should have my comics up on comixology soon, already did all the paper work, just... waiting...

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
zaMmaP

I used to have webcomics when I was in high school but I've moved on now. I should have my comics up on comixology soon, already did all the paper work, just... waiting...

oh I meant recently xD I haven't ever posted as much as I have in the last 2 months lol so I doubt id have seen you b4 then.

o; I was considering trying them, so they've already accepted? or are you waiting to hear back from them?
Static Sludge
zaMmaP

oh I meant recently xD I haven't ever posted as much as I have in the last 2 months lol so I doubt id have seen you b4 then.

o; I was considering trying them, so they've already accepted? or are you waiting to hear back from them?

Might have seen me in the font thread posting old tuts

Yeah, I've been approved and did the whole payment/tax form thing. Just... waiting...

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
zaMmaP
Static Sludge
zaMmaP

Might have seen me in the font thread posting old tuts

Yeah, I've been approved and did the whole payment/tax form thing. Just... waiting...

OH YEAH I STALKED AHEM VISITED (why am I talking in caps cus I got excited that's why)
your page with the submission letter XD dude that's awesome! you got like accepted and rejected in the same breath O.o <3

mind if I ask what the payment/tax form is? D: is that like when you do your taxes what your info will be or something????

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff