Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
The Zorya
The webcomics declined in traffic a lot. While few years ago I'd get tons of traffic for lower quality comic (art-wise), currently I get much less per update.
I asume that it is because of oversaturation of similar content that makes people move onto different platforms, but I don't think one should write off webcomics only as platform for kids and amateurs. At least not forever.

It's very possible. I mean, either my comic ideas declined in quality since my first series, or there are just too many out there to wade through to get to my own.

Doesn't really help that I keep coming up with ideas for even more...

Eloquent Explorer

Chrissi Pumpkin
Ooohhh, I just looked at the date of the original post. I guess the creator tried to enlist artists/writers again last week, and I was confusing the two threads.

morbid shark hasn't posted anything since 2009... I think it must have been someone else X3 In here, those kinds of threads are pretty common.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Xiam
The Zorya
The webcomics declined in traffic a lot. While few years ago I'd get tons of traffic for lower quality comic (art-wise), currently I get much less per update.
I asume that it is because of oversaturation of similar content that makes people move onto different platforms, but I don't think one should write off webcomics only as platform for kids and amateurs. At least not forever.

It's very possible. I mean, either my comic ideas declined in quality since my first series, or there are just too many out there to wade through to get to my own.

Doesn't really help that I keep coming up with ideas for even more...

Just keep working, who knows where you will end up smile
Did Gaia seriously just have the NPC "The Welcoming Fairy" send me a PM welcoming me to the site?

I've been on this site longer than you've existed! What the ********? No, YOU are welcome to Gaia Online.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Mr McGrumpypants
Did Gaia seriously just have the NPC "The Welcoming Fairy" send me a PM welcoming me to the site?

I've been on this site longer than you've existed! What the ********? No, YOU are welcome to Gaia Online.

Yeah I got one of those too. O_o

Shadowy Phantom

Yeah I got one of those too.

Why are the parts of the story that should be the easiest always the hardest for me? ...but I guess everyone thinks that exact thing about whatever they struggle with.
Still, I've got the most important parts all outlined, so even if the parts left to go suck, they won't break the story.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
What part should be the easiest?

I can't handle middles. I have no idea how anyone goes anywhere.

I suddenly swerved around and talked myself into doing Beau and the Beast.

I actually started. Planning on doing watercolors because I like doing watercolors, but sketching on the computer first...... if only printer ink wasn't expensive. bleh.

Though I'm kind of worried it's not very clear how far the village is from the citadel the current sketch http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/luciferownsme/page01-2.jpg~original

Not sure if it's worth making a new thread because I'm sure anyone here know I flippy floppy drippy droppy on projects all over the place. I'm hoping to finish this one because it's short-ish, like 50 pages tops. Maybe make a new thread when I have a few more pages to show.

And now sure if it makes sense the villagers don't just try to stab him with pitchforks... But I guess since the king and queen said to just shut up about it, no one is perfectly sure if they're supposed to do.

And I can't decide on a font. Lafayette Comic looks kind of weird with traditional media but I dunno what I want to use and I'm too impatient to hand-letter.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
So before I say anything dumb that will cause me to step on toes or get myself kicked right out of here.

Are we allowed to link to our own comics/webcomics and maybe get feedback from other creators and such here? Or is that not really allowed?

Shadowy Phantom

Name Pending CEO
So before I say anything dumb that will cause me to step on toes or get myself kicked right out of here.

Are we allowed to link to our own comics/webcomics and maybe get feedback from other creators and such here? Or is that not really allowed?

It's acceptable, but I think it would be more appropriate to make a separate thread for it. As long as it's clear that your goal is to get feedback/critique, then it's okay to link to your comic in a CC thread versus Promotions.
Also, it would be hard to kick you out seeing as none of us created the thread.

Shadowy Phantom

Mr McGrumpypants
Also, it would be hard to kick you out seeing as none of us created the thread.

We have the power of shunning ;D
Shun the non-believer! SHUN! SSSSHHHHUUUUUNNNNNN-uh!

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
christ, google chrome just tried to scare me away from this thread. i don't know what the deal is with smackjeeves, but apparently there's some kind of malware BS with it now, and even just linking images from SJ scares my browser shitless. does anyone know what's up with that?

Shadowy Phantom

megrar
christ, google chrome just tried to scare me away from this thread. i don't know what the deal is with smackjeeves, but apparently there's some kind of malware BS with it now, and even just linking images from SJ scares my browser shitless. does anyone know what's up with that?

Not 100% sure, but the most likely scenario is that an ad on SJ was malware, so the entire site got marked as suspicious. This isn't the first time SJ has had problematic ads, but their ad network is apparently a PoS. I wonder why they don't switch to another one.

Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Canny Agent 50
aaaaah so many people here ; c ;
aaah, um!!!!!! i have a webcomic in the works rn, kinda, so...would anyone like to talk maybe?;;;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff