Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kyousouka
Vegapunkprime
Hey fellow comic-ers,

I'm thinking about adding Project Wonderful to my comic's website, but not sure how easy it is to use?

If you use Project Wonderful, how do you like it? What's the learning curve?

Thanks!

It's very simple. You choose your minimum cost (I recommend 0 to start), the size of the banner(s), then post their HTML code onto your template. The "hard" part is making sure your website's layout has appropriate space for a banner to display correctly. I highly recommend planning your site's layout with ads in mind, don't just slap them on. Make them highly visible, but unobtrusive, that way your visitors will be happy, and you'll still get higher bids.

Thanks for the help!

Romantic Autobiographer

Psycho Bunny Studio

How's everyone here?

Working for the navy now 12 hours a day on a short day. My buffer's gone and I'm working on more pages for it.
My account is going to be 10 years old in September. That knowledge is depressing.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Mr McGrumpypants
My account is going to be 10 years old in September. That knowledge is depressing.

yeah, i was here the first year too. i don't find it depressing though. my love for paper dolls is eternal.
megrar
Mr McGrumpypants

yeah, i was here the first year too. i don't find it depressing though. my love for paper dolls is eternal.
It's just sad because now I'm getting further and further away from Gaia's target audience, so none of this s**t matters to me. Mostly, I hang out on Reddit and Twitch now.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
Mr McGrumpypants
megrar
Mr McGrumpypants

It's just sad because now I'm getting further and further away from Gaia's target audience, so none of this s**t matters to me. Mostly, I hang out on Reddit and Twitch now.

well it's bound to happen. some spaces are meant to be outgrown. like neopets. but we'll remember you fondly if you decide to go. place is quiet anyway.

i only know reddit from its generally bad press. but what is twitch?
Reddit can be pretty ******** close-minded. I just downvote those comments/posts and move on to things that don't suck.

Twitch is a streaming service for video games. People broadcast themselves playing just about anything from WoW to League of Legends to whatever new game is out. There are speedrunners and retro games, too. It's fun stuff.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
Mr McGrumpypants
Twitch is a streaming service for video games. People broadcast themselves playing just about anything from WoW to League of Legends to whatever new game is out. There are speedrunners and retro games, too. It's fun stuff.

that actually sounds really awesome. i'll have to check it out later.

Eloquent Explorer

Mr McGrumpypants

Heh, mine will be 9 in September. Weird how long it's been.

Hey, guys. :3

"Who the £$%^ are you?"

Yeah, fair enough.

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Hello everyone.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
guys, question:is facebook worth anything to an artist/entrepreneur? i was advised to get one, that social media was important, blah blah.

but mostly all it gives me is the urge to punch the world. is it worth keeping?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
megrar
guys, question:is facebook worth anything to an artist/entrepreneur? i was advised to get one, that social media was important, blah blah.

but mostly all it gives me is the urge to punch the world. is it worth keeping?
Uuugh. Just ugh. I'm sure it's useful to an extent? But like you, I dislike facebook. I prefer twitter and tumblr for my social media of choice.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Facebook is pretty much terrible. I've never seen the point to artist FBs; tumblr or deviantart seem to get the job done better without the bullshit.

Shadowy Phantom

Thirded. Skip FB.

The problem with artist FBs is that they tend to exist in a vacuum, there's not much social stuff happening. Because FB overshares trivial information like "Bob posted on (X's) wall", "Mary got a gazillion points in Grindville", and "Jo shared Boring Event 500 Miles Away", people largely tune those notifications out, even when their friends share things they think their friends will be interested in.
As far as interacting with your fans, it's pretty good since it's got a nice comment system, but it's very rare to see anyone make use of that fact, and it does not overshadow the problems.

On Tumblr, reblogging is the norm, so it's much easier to actually get your work out there. The downside to tumblr is that the reply/comment system is crap, but many people solve this by using a third-party system, or through clever use of Asks, depending on how involved the artist wants to be with their followers. Another downside is most people follow a lot of tumblrs, and many of those tumblrs post a lot, so your work can easily get lost in the stream. The "solution" is to use a combination of twitter and tumblr, so that people who are really interested in your work can follow you on twitter, then reblog (and retweet, I suppose) as needed.
Hello all,

Sorry for the formality, it's been a funny sort of day. I don't know who remembers me from way back when, but I was feeling nostalgic and wanting for grounding, so I came back to one of the places I used to spend a lot of time years ago. I'm turning twenty- one this year. I started on Gaia at 14 or 15. I'm slowly flunking out of college as a bored and arrogant economics major - and i'm no where I want to be in my artistic development because of all the hiatuses i've taken from skill building. My life's kinda falling apart.

So I came back here because there was a time I called this place home. And i've seen most of the faces I was used to seeing and interacting with (or quarreling with) are gone and that I probably have no right to have such tender memories of the place since I was never that personally close with most of the folks here (I was a standoffish little s**t, unable to communicate beyond the impersonal, and also intimidated by others accomplishments) and I left it like one leaves a play thing they are tired of. Still, though, i'm trying to get my head on straight and get back into comics and drawing and creating. That lead me back to CC.

And I guess I wanted to say, while it has been a funny sort of day and i'm feeling all groundless and liminal and whatnot, that i'm glad this place is still here. And whoever is still around, i'm glad you are, too.

/sentimental ramblings

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces