Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sounds like things are going good for you, Spike. I'm currently working on my first chapter for a second time after scrapping it completely and reworking the characters.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Wow, apparently Project Wonderful will take adult content now! I might actually do that in lieu of the subscription idea I was toying with for my mature comic in the making.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I find it funny that I kind of count myself in here, because I lurk and read everything... but I almost never posts XD
I didn't post for over a year, so it's okay. Hopefully I'll be switching jobs soon. I make pretty good money at my current job, but my boss is a ******** idiot and all he does is insult me. I'm willing to work my a** off for less pay if my next job doesn't treat me like s**t.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Welcome to why I don't work anymore. Looking for a new job now and doing comics in the meantime. My studio is going to hold an exhibition in three weeks at a local art gallery, so that'll be fun.
Wait, you do post. I saw you around this forum all the time.

YOU LIED TO ME!

EDIT: Haha, wow. My signature has a link to my blog. I haven't done anything with that in so long. Probably should. Like delete it so no one can ever read it again.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lol I meant in this thread.
I have a tumblr and a twitter as well.

As far as hanging out with other comic creators / artists, I go on tinychat a lot and stream when I'm drawing. I think up to 12 people can broadcast at once? The video quality is kind of iffy, but you can create password protected or public rooms, use microphones, or just chat via typing.
IronSpike
megrar

the problem with most forums aimed at serious creators is that the creators are, you know, ******** busy. so things are always slow.

My problem in a nutshell.

I'm shipping 1500 books, coordinating an anthology cattle call, trying to launch a new webcomic AND trying to figure out how much risk to take with the life-changing amount of money my last Kickstarter bestowed on my little publishing outfit, which somehow became the most successful alt-comic publisher in Chicago when I wasn't looking.

All of that kind of conflicts with being an active Gaia poster.

By the by.
Loved the comic
<3
Well time for that yearly update from me.

Wrists are getting better! I've been getting shots every few months, going to Physio Therapy every week, taking some new medications and doing my stretches. So Huzzah!

I'm doodling here and there. Arrogantly in a rage challenged the ******** "Japan Needs Heroes" people to a "Book off" and I've got like 5 pages drawn for that.
(essentially I said even though they have 1 year and 4 months ahead of me and have people submitting their work for free that I'd be able to publish a full comic size comic solo before they got their s**t shipped. 5 months later they've still finished ******** all so I'm still pretty confident that even at my one page per month rate I'm still gonna win.)

Been on Tumblr raging about and at social justice s**t a little too much but hey I used to be an extended discussion reg back in the day so this is nothing new for me.

Working a lot and been going out to restaurants a lot. Hanging out more with my friends instead of playing video games which makes me ******** DEPRESSED AS ******** since I spent like 100$ on a years subscription to World of Warcraft and I can't ******** play it gonk

How's everyone here?
I'm doing great! My christmas was nice, watched the Dr. Who special. Mostly worked at a crappy temp job for most of the year, so now I should have a nice unemployment. Still working on my art, trying to improve. Trying to teach myself to paint on the computer, without the lines, like the awesome artists do. Though I think my anatomy is getting a little wonky.
Yeah, I have twitter and tumbler, ain't posting the links cuz there's really nothing interesting to read on there. Though, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to post WIPs, since a lot of people seem to love those. I avoid deep discussion over the internet like I avoid the flu shot never got one btw and still have not got the flu.
So, I'm doing fine, thanks for asking.
I'm working on a comic...
It's going to be awesome...
Cause it like... has stuff and like...
The stuff is awesome.
Hey fellow comic-ers,

I'm thinking about adding Project Wonderful to my comic's website, but not sure how easy it is to use?

If you use Project Wonderful, how do you like it? What's the learning curve?

Thanks!

Shadowy Phantom

Vegapunkprime
Hey fellow comic-ers,

I'm thinking about adding Project Wonderful to my comic's website, but not sure how easy it is to use?

If you use Project Wonderful, how do you like it? What's the learning curve?

Thanks!

It's very simple. You choose your minimum cost (I recommend 0 to start), the size of the banner(s), then post their HTML code onto your template. The "hard" part is making sure your website's layout has appropriate space for a banner to display correctly. I highly recommend planning your site's layout with ads in mind, don't just slap them on. Make them highly visible, but unobtrusive, that way your visitors will be happy, and you'll still get higher bids.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff