Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think it depends on how other characters perceive his behavior and how narcissistic he gets. If he's an asswipe and other people hate it when he goes on about it, he's someone nobody will like. If he happens to think he looks good and others simply don't agree, he might come off more as self-confident or secure with himself.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Man, it's gotten kinda quiet in here.

So, other than slowly being crushed to death under the weight of schoolwork and working two jobs, I finally have news about the cane my girlfriend commissioned in 2009. It's most definitely not happening.

San's going to go to paypal since the crafter outright said she's scamming and discriminating. San is actually rather relieved because it's not hanging out in the air as a 'maybe', though.

Invisible Regular

the last response from them has me completely shocked. what a horrible person..
I think it's quiet because many of the regs are probably in a similar situation to you (that of school/work). I just got my hours cut so I guess that means free time. (********)

That's just a beyond shitty way to do business. If she couldn't ******** make the cane or just straight up didn't want to, she should have just said so. Of course that presupposes she wasn't a scumbag from the start who was looking for a mark, which she clearly was, at least to me.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
We figured, you know, an artist interviewed by the New York Times would be a bit more professional. Though according to one of her friends on tumblr, she had a major mental breakdown.

Either way, at least it's over.
Major mental breakdown in regards to what?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Mr McGrumpypants
Undergoing a life-changing surgery at the behest of someone else.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Seijaku_Ishida
Mr McGrumpypants

"at the behest"? that's a little vague. was it forced? is that even legal?

i've been swamped myself. every now and then i peek back here and it's either stuff i can't help with, or stuff i don't want to admit exists.

i saw the ruth and annabel thread though--that comic was ******** delightful.
OMG, what a disturbing situation Seijaku! I hope your girlfriend will get a complete refund in lieu of the artist being a complete numbskull.

Stories like this really make me think twice about opening up for commissions, or requesting them.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
megrar
Seijaku_Ishida
Mr McGrumpypants

i've been swamped myself. every now and then i peek back here and it's either stuff i can't help with, or stuff i don't want to admit exists.

The gist I get is, porkshanks is trans and underwent the surgery for their boyfriend(which trans or not, that's kinda a decision you need to be fully prepared for. Hell, I'm not sure when or if I ever will be).

Apparently porkshanks is telling people on her DA page she apologized to San. Which isn't true, but San's still blocked and can't tell people that(but she will update the a_b post once midterms are over).

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Seijaku_Ishida
megrar
Seijaku_Ishida
Mr McGrumpypants

The gist I get is, porkshanks is trans and underwent the surgery for their boyfriend(which trans or not, that's kinda a decision you need to be fully prepared for. Hell, I'm not sure when or if I ever will be).

Apparently porkshanks is telling people on her DA page she apologized to San. Which isn't true, but San's still blocked and can't tell people that(but she will update the a_b post once midterms are over).

Jeez, that's just slimy to claim one apologized when one didn't...

>_> I'm mildly pissy over a commission right now since the person kept saying they were going to send it when in fact the item wasn't even made yet. But now it is made, and god help us all if it gets lost or damaged in the mail because I don't think I will be able to handle that like a mature adult. burning_eyes
"porkshanks" made Kickstarter headlines a few months back when she claimed the sun told her not to fufill her KS pledges in a project update.

So there's that.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
IronSpike
"porkshanks" made Kickstarter headlines a few months back when she claimed the sun told her not to fufill her KS pledges in a project update.

So there's that.
Yeaaah, San saw that when she was thinking of asking her if she could switch her commission to the game thing so she might get SOMETHING. But then she was that and was like 'Um...'

I got an anon message on tumblr from a CJ Friedrich telling me that her family's been trying to get her help for four years.
Seijaku_Ishida
Yeaaah, San saw that when she was thinking of asking her if she could switch her commission to the game thing so she might get SOMETHING. But then she was that and was like 'Um...'

I got an anon message on tumblr from a CJ Friedrich telling me that her family's been trying to get her help for four years.

....Yikes.

And yeah, whether the talking malevolent sun story is true or not, she's stiffing her Kickstarter backers along with San. She posted teaser images of printed and bundled cards in the summer, but still hasn't shipped. I can imagine her problems are pretty significant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff