Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Friend

Seijaku_Ishida

Thank you. Having a mirror is nice. SJ sounds extremely useful.
I am strongly leaning to hosting on SJ. : )
Kyousouka

What a beautiful, detailed response! :' D
I loved it, thank you so much for putting your time into it.
//Very grateful for the response//
I believe I'll start off with SJ for now. I think that would be best for me.

Thank you both again, and thank you for your time as well! : D

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Am I late to the party? Oh well, I might as well throw my own two-cents, but as an advocate for ComicFury.

As a comic host, CF offers free features just as good as SJ's premium-priced accounts. SJ's free accounts has a limit of 500 KB per page (which is unbelievably small) while CF gives an allowance of up to 3 MB, and it allows Flash page uploads at no additional cost. You can upload as many extra images as you want under CF, which is a premium-priced option under SJ. Additionally, you can link your own web domain for no charge (while SJ forces you to pay $59 a year if you want to use your own domain name). Comic host-wise, CF beats SJ, especially if you want to save money.

The community is a lot smaller than SJ, which might be a good or bad thing for you, depending on your preferences. I have a friend who hosted her previous comic in SJ, and while she was a good/decent artist, the amount of pageviews she received in SJ were considerably smaller than CF, even if SJ has more users. My guess is that her comic got drowned in a sea of other comics, while in CF, if your comic is any good, it really shows up on the radar due to the small-by-comparison community. On SJ, you have to be either exceptional or paying for the premium advertisement.

Back when I was starting up Cans of Beans, I was pressed between SJ and CF, but ended up with the latter just because its web hosting options are just that much better, and I recommend it to everyone now.

TL;DR: I'm a CF fangirl.

Playful Friend

Kupocake

Ah, sorry for missing this. Thank you, I'll have to check this one out now!
I like how there's more space for it. Also getting on the radar. : D
I am leaning to this one now. Thank you, I have some comparisons to do.
totally off topic...
How do you politely tell someone that you don't want them to ever contact you again because you don't like them.
You don't have a reason to dislike them other then they get on your nerves but they're a depressed college student without many friends so you don't want to be blunt or they might do something stupid and then you'd feel a little guilty, but you still feel a dread every time you see you have a message because if it's them, that's somewhat ruined at least an hour or two of your day to either be avoiding the message or having to slog through it while aggravated.

Oh and just ignoring them and "being busy" doesn't work...

I've already given her the "It's not you it's me" speech but I didn't end it with a "So please never talk to me again" so her reply was "Oh I understand what you're saying, I'll try harder to be your absolute good friend!" and well... 1) that's now entering creepyville and 2) NOooooooooo this is the opposite of what I wanted.

I've never had someone who just absolutely cannot take a hint.
chirst I sent he a kind of cruelly blunt "I just find you sort of aggravating so I probably won't contact you again"
And she sends back "Well I find you annoying to but that's what friendship is all about! Having bad with some good! I'll give you some space if you want and see you when I get back to Japan!"

I think that's about as good as it's gonna get.
*casually blocks her e-mail address*

((She's 9 years younger then me and reminds me of me at her age... But I was an insufferable t**t at her age and still hate myself quite a bit SO...)

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
O_o That is some crazy missing the point skills...

Last person I blocked claimed democracy increases crime and didn't get why I called him ******** insane. Though for other annoying people, I really need to stick somewhere "If you have to ask if you're bothering me and I am not saying I am multitasking, you are" and "Let me type slow or I will kill you."

Selling at Anime Expo with more expensive pricies, it is going okay. I have made almost as much gross profit (spent more on supplies thus year, so less net profit >_< wink as last year and I still have two days (or a day and a half, since the last day is shorter) to go. Ever closer to makinh a profit worth speaking of!! A lot of people took business cards to cotact me later about sewing a plushie, so I will have another hundred or so if two or more people are serious about it. I have never given so many business cards. My last batch of 250 took two years to use up! This convention, I am halfway out of cards already.

Then to set up my Etsy shop after AX.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I'm glad you're doing well, kaxen!

Ah man, that reminds me. I should set up a storenvy account or something for my comic...
I'm glad your plushies did pretty well, too bad you couldn't sell out, that'd be awesome.

got another cortozol shot in the wrist. :C

went through my archives of my comic and noticed that ******** my art hast stedily gotten a LOT worse this year. Was getting better and then...

Wrists.

I'm gettin some srs depressed about this.

everyone, use me as a precautionary tale, take care of your hands!

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I just got my mailing scale today, so now I can set the prices for selling them more accurately (it doesn't help that my plushies have intensely variable weights which means sometimes they're below 1 pound and sometimes they're above and the price jump for mailing things is at 1 pound...). Onto Etsy! Well, once I find a box for a 2-foot plushie.

My dad is starting to get all the aches and pains of getting old and keeps reminding me to stop spending every hour of the day sitting in the same position.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Kaxen
I just got my mailing scale today, so now I can set the prices for selling them more accurately (it doesn't help that my plushies have intensely variable weights which means sometimes they're below 1 pound and sometimes they're above and the price jump for mailing things is at 1 pound...). Onto Etsy! Well, once I find a box for a 2-foot plushie.

which scale did you get? i know USPS sells their own, but that one only goes to ten pounds. i need one. my kickstarter's about to end, and i'm trying to figure out how everything works.

do you print out labels and stuff too? is it easy?

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
megrar
Kaxen

which scale did you get? i know USPS sells their own, but that one only goes to ten pounds. i need one. my kickstarter's about to end, and i'm trying to figure out how everything works.

I got a 15lb Scale by WeighMax. It was $17.99 on Amazon.

I've yet to actually print out a label, but that is what I'm planning to do.

Shadowy Phantom

megrar

I've printed lots of labels from USPS, it's pretty self-explanatory. You can buy label/sticker sheets online (I think mine are from Label Universe), including ones designed for USPS (they're just two big stickers per sheet).

They even have a nifty tool that lets you make a batch of labels at once, and you can print two per sheet rather than label+receipt. I highly recommend using it. It's not self-evident from just going to their "Print a shipping label" page, but do look around for it. It's been a while since I've had to use it, so I don't remember where exactly you need to go.
Dear Spike.

I just saw your guest comic on Questionable Content.

I love you.

~PBS
Psycho Bunny Studio
Dear Spike.

I just saw your guest comic on Questionable Content.

I love you.

~PBS

Dear Spike

I just saw the reaction to your guest comic on Questionable Content.

You were called a "cis white able-bodied/neurotypical dude" who needs to "Sit on a chainsaw" (because you know, violence solves all the problems for everyone but CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???) By someone who was totally kosher with you making fun of /Things that were not them/ but as soon as you made fun of /things that resembled them/ oh ******** it was ON like ********' DONKEY KONG.

I think I love you even more now, and I didn't think it was possible before.

~PBS

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Psycho Bunny Studio

Dear Spike

I just saw the reaction to your guest comic on Questionable Content.

You were called a "cis white able-bodied/neurotypical dude" who needs to "Sit on a chainsaw" (because you know, violence solves all the problems for everyone but CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???) By someone who was totally kosher with you making fun of /Things that were not them/ but as soon as you made fun of /things that resembled them/ oh ******** it was ON like ********' DONKEY KONG.

I think I love you even more now, and I didn't think it was possible before.

~PBS

oh jesus. was that in the comments? i need to go read this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff