Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Ah man, I hope I can scrounge up some cash for it. This month has been kind of lean.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
How secretive should I be with a work I don't intend to post online in its finished form? I've never sold something as print-only.

It's a 7-page comic in the sketch/thumb phase that I want to get more opinions on because I can't make up my mind (it's really hard to read it like I don't know who the characters are) and I've gotten conflicting opinions on it.
Post a request to get critique done via private message?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Private message would work. Is it the one you posted on FCP? I'll see if I can get some feedback on it soon.

You could also put it on G+ to a comic creators only circle.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Seijaku_Ishida
Private message would work. Is it the one you posted on FCP? I'll see if I can get some feedback on it soon.

Is the G+ community good for comic creators? I've never heard of it. o_o

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Seijaku_Ishida

Yeah, I posted it on FCP.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kupocake
Seijaku_Ishida

I'm not too fond of the layout of G+, but it's been pretty good to me when I remember to log in. I have about 80 comic artists in my circle. And sometimes we do hangouts where we draw and can see eachother's screen.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Seijaku_Ishida
Kupocake
Seijaku_Ishida

I'm not too fond of the layout of G+, but it's been pretty good to me when I remember to log in. I have about 80 comic artists in my circle. And sometimes we do hangouts where we draw and can see eachother's screen.
That's really awesome. I'm stuck with Facebook, but I have a lot of artist friends on Facebook so I guess that works. I just don't know a whole lot of people using G+; there was a huge rush of people jumping into G+ when it went live, but now everyone I know retreated back to Facebook.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kupocake
Seijaku_Ishida
Kupocake
Seijaku_Ishida

That's really awesome. I'm stuck with Facebook, but I have a lot of artist friends on Facebook so I guess that works. I just don't know a whole lot of people using G+; there was a huge rush of people jumping into G+ when it went live, but now everyone I know retreated back to Facebook.

I....can't stand facebook, sooo. XD

G+ does have nice features, otherwise I'd just put it in the same category as facebook.
*smiles blankly at the whole facebook/G+ conversation because I'm DUUUUMMMMMM and OOOLLLDDDD and can't internet anymore*

You can do art on G+?

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Psycho Bunny Studio
*smiles blankly at the whole facebook/G+ conversation because I'm DUUUUMMMMMM and OOOLLLDDDD and can't internet anymore*

You can do art on G+?
Nah, but you can network with artists!

No one's too old to do Facebook/G+. My 50+ year old teachers use Facebook quite well.
Would I be able to join that comic circle in G+? I've been feeling lonely being the only person in my circle of friends (art friends too) to be working on a comic.

But I guess I'd need more info as to what a comic creators circle actually does. Haha.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Bylamp
Would I be able to join that comic circle in G+? I've been feeling lonely being the only person in my circle of friends (art friends too) to be working on a comic.

But I guess I'd need more info as to what a comic creators circle actually does. Haha.

This list includes both longform and shortform comics. Have fun. XD

http://gpc.fm/l/cartoonists
Fun fact: My Kickstarter just hit $40,000. That means I'm breaking even on the project!

Wondering how the hell that works? Watch.

$40,000
- $4,000 (Kickstarter takes 5% of the total. Amazon will likely take another 5% in fees.)
- $6,500 (The artists' bonuses.)
- $8,000 (Printing, storing, and shipping the books.)
- $17,000 (Artists' pay. A $50-per-page page rate for a 350-page book, my own contribution notwithstanding.)
- $4500 (Amount I borrowed from household expenses to get Poorcraft (my previous project) to print while the business went broke from paying SP's artists.)

So, basically, in early July, It will be as if I woke up one morning with 4,000 $30.00 books to sell, having invested nothing to finance their creation!

I'm pretty pleased with this.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Congrats, Spike! And you still have 23 days to go too!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff