Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Seijaku_Ishida
Here's an interesting conversation between an artist and Christopher Hart I found on Twitter. Thought a few people might enjoy it!
Ahahaha ooh boy. Keep it classy, Christopher Hart.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Kupocake
Seijaku_Ishida
Here's an interesting conversation between an artist and Christopher Hart I found on Twitter. Thought a few people might enjoy it!

i will laugh at this FOREVER.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
megrar
Kupocake
Seijaku_Ishida

i will laugh at this FOREVER.

Agreed

Eloquent Explorer

Seijaku_Ishida

Oh wow. xD There are no words.
Kupocake
I did an insane amount of pre-planning before I even thumbed my first page, so that probably is what's keeping me from going crazy, for now. The complete screenplay, a list of motifs, color scripts, conceptual art, room plans, character turnarounds, tons of reference/inspiration, even character bios of extremely minor characters: they all have helped keeping things consistent. One thing that's missing from my pre-planning is thumbnails of all 300+ pages. I figured my sensitivity to page composition would get better as it goes on, so I'm only doing thumbs by chapter when the time comes.

It's a hassle to do them all, but the more time you spend pre-planning, the smoother the ride when you're comicking.

I agree with a schedule, when you know that your pages release on a certain day, you will make sure that your pages are done by then. I personally decided to premiere my comic closer to class finals because I actually have a buffer built for that. XP

How big is your buffer? Mine was two weeks, but I exhausted the whole thing when I was sick.The problem was that I had three stages in drawing- Pencils, Ink then color, and I was relying on being able to color when I was sick. I don't want to have a buffer so big that I'm disconnected from the current going's on, but I don't want a repeat either. Should a months worth be enough?

I'm impatient as hell, so I guess i'm getting my just desserts. Like I thought I would be ok winging it, ha. That turned out well.

Seijaku_Ishida
That's a great idea. I used to do that, but for the moment i'm drawing comics around the times when I feel up to it, at least until my medication kicks in proper and all that good stuff. Right now, I have four pages in buffer , but since i'm getting ahead, i'm trying for at least tweleve - which is roughly a month.

It was one of their new pens 1,5 or somesuch s**t and XS. And the latter only comes in a pack with other pens. ********.

My favorite part about the Chris Hart conversation is in the commenst when someone mentions that he did a book for furries meant for kids. My sides rofl

http://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Fantastic-Furries-Anthropomorphic-Characters/dp/0823033457
Seijaku_Ishida
CC isn't so much 'enough of a comics community for me' as I've found it elsewhere in places like fantasycomicportal, the nano comm, or even twitter.

Dev Art is about the main place I hang out, and tumbllrrrrr

I just don't do art online much, tho a friend left me her scanner... I should totally figure out how to hook that up.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
-2o
Kupocake
I did an insane amount of pre-planning before I even thumbed my first page, so that probably is what's keeping me from going crazy, for now. The complete screenplay, a list of motifs, color scripts, conceptual art, room plans, character turnarounds, tons of reference/inspiration, even character bios of extremely minor characters: they all have helped keeping things consistent. One thing that's missing from my pre-planning is thumbnails of all 300+ pages. I figured my sensitivity to page composition would get better as it goes on, so I'm only doing thumbs by chapter when the time comes.

It's a hassle to do them all, but the more time you spend pre-planning, the smoother the ride when you're comicking.

I agree with a schedule, when you know that your pages release on a certain day, you will make sure that your pages are done by then. I personally decided to premiere my comic closer to class finals because I actually have a buffer built for that. XP

How big is your buffer? Mine was two weeks, but I exhausted the whole thing when I was sick.The problem was that I had three stages in drawing- Pencils, Ink then color, and I was relying on being able to color when I was sick. I don't want to have a buffer so big that I'm disconnected from the current going's on, but I don't want a repeat either. Should a months worth be enough?

I'm impatient as hell, so I guess i'm getting my just desserts. Like I thought I would be ok winging it, ha. That turned out well.
My buffer is miniscule as hell, only a couple pages worth (and now it's running out), but I am relying on the fact that summer break is coming up for me, and I'm already devoting every waking moment I have to working on this comic, soooo...

I'd rather have a larger buffer though.
From the Japan needs heroes front.

The last update said "There will be an update soon."

Three month's later that update has arrived!

"There will be an update within a week, don't worry everyone will get what they've ordered and more!"

A week and a day later...

*twiddles fingers*

Back to the, I don't even care to get "and more" I just want to know the money went to the charity where it was supposed to. (Which apparently, no, no it hasn't. He hasn't touched it and for tax purposes it's just patiently sitting in a bank account, I can only hope for high interest on it neutral )

Oh well.

I've started drawing everyday again. taking regular breaks is helping the wrist from spazzing out.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
So I've been hosting my comic on ComicFury for juuust over two weeks now, and I have to say, I'm really enjoying the site so far. Really warm/receptive community and it's got all the perks of a premium account on other comic hosting sites (minus own domain name, but you can link your own domain name for free).

I'm kind of glad I chose CF over SJ.
Kupocake
So I've been hosting my comic on ComicFury for juuust over two weeks now, and I have to say, I'm really enjoying the site so far. Really warm/receptive community and it's got all the perks of a premium account on other comic hosting sites (minus own domain name, but you can link your own domain name for free).

How is it for pre-made templates for pages? I've pretty much lost all my programming ability.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Psycho Bunny Studio
Kupocake

How is it for pre-made templates for pages? I've pretty much lost all my programming ability.
Pre-made templates are okay, they're no better or worse than the premade stuff on other webcomic hosting sites. But as someone who has little-to-no experience in coding, I spent an afternoon messing with the coding on the templates, and I came up with a reasonably customized layout. The community is also pretty happy to help with any coding issues too.
Hey.

My comic Kickstarter just hit goal. 20k in 19 hours, 45 minutes.

Just, y'know. Puttin' that out there.

I'd link it, but that would probably get me banned.

Not gonna lie. I screamed.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Wow! Congrats, Ironspike!

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
IronSpike
Hey.

My comic Kickstarter just hit goal. 20k in 19 hours, 45 minutes.

Just, y'know. Puttin' that out there.

I'd link it, but that would probably get me banned.

Not gonna lie. I screamed.
Not gonna lie, I've been kind of obsessed with Smut Peddler for a while now. As soon as I scourge up some money, I'm at least buying the PDF version. Congratulations, Spike!
Kupocake
Not gonna lie, I've been kind of obsessed with Smut Peddler for a while now. As soon as I scourge up some money, I'm at least buying the PDF version. Congratulations, Spike!

OH GOD please do, For real. Smut Peddler is running like 17k in just artist's pay alone, I need it to sell well.

BUT HEY I GUESS IT'L BE ALL RIGHT. AAAAH.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff