Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Mink_LaLa

Yeah, it'd be kind of stupid for them to go, "No, Neil Gaiman, we don't want you're help because you're not a woman." Also kind of bitchy.

i tweeted them last night, poking fun at the liefeld incentive (cos nothing screams female empowerment like inflated balloon tits and broken spines), and today i noticed that the liefeld incentive costs $1000. $1000 for a liefeld deadpool page. and then i started laughing even harder.
...Womanthology, the fact you're charging that much for something by ROB LIEFELD makes me severely ashamed of you.

Actually, I have yet to even watch that video because I just don't see anything that interests me in the project. Unless the fact I'm a woman means I should automatically support anything women do ever. 8|

But seriously, does it even say anything about the content, than it just being by women? I've read plenty of things by women that have been terrible. Like Twilight. Or Tantalize. Or Kitty and the Midnight Hour. I'll stop with three, because I read a lot and this list can get out or control.

Huh, you'd think that the question at the bottom about contributing art/story to the anthology would include something like, "NOT IF YOU'RE NOT A WOMAN YOU CAN'T."

And before anyone says anything, yes, if this was, say, a MANthology (...lol), I'd be making jokes about it just as much. We should know by now I'm an Equal Opportunity Snarker.
Mink_LaLa
Psycho Bunny Studio
Mink_LaLa
I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but if this is an all woman anthology, why is Neil Gaiman doing anything for it? He's not a woman. >x> (Yeah, he doesn't have a story or anything in it, but why not have a woman artist do the postcard? I know Neil Gaiman is Neil Gaiman, but I think my point still stands).

This is half-joke, half-serious. It's...Joserious.

I imagine it's because they're not actually part of the book, they're just backers for it via "Stuff"
There are actually 3 male backers, 3 female backers and 2 objects as bonus stuff. Maybe it's just to give presence that you don't need to be a female to support female things?

Oh yeah, there's that. Though I wasn't so much thinking about that as, since the whole thing seems to be, "OMG COMICS BY WOMEN", I just thought it was sort of fun.

...That probably sounds more cynical than it's actually meant to.

megrar
he's a known feminist, and a internationally reknowned author and comics-writer who can bring them lots of attention and therefore funding. which is precisely what he's doing.

they'd be stupid not to let him help.

Yeah, it'd be kind of stupid for them to go, "No, Neil Gaiman, we don't want you're help because you're not a woman." Also kind of bitchy.

And ironically sexist if they did.
One step forward in the name of feminism...
One big fat step back in equality... gonk

RAWR I'M A DINOSAUR TODAY!
I just happily hate everyone. surprised
keeps it all balanced.

So optimistic about how the world sucks and runs on irony.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Hey, does anyone have a Google Plus account? I'm testing it out and I'm here if you guys wanna be in my circle. :3
Oh, PBS, son't be silly. It's not sexism if WOMEN do it! Much in the way it's not racism if black people (or, anyone who's not white, really) do it!

(Yeah, I know the sociological definition of racism is supposed to be like, power+privilege=racism or whatever, but I personally find that a load of bull. 8|)

Sei: Pfft, I don't even have a Facebook. 83
i think my account may have gotten hacked. or my brain is failing me. but gaia is refusing my password for my megrar account. i made a report. i pmed some mods.

i'm kinda surprised how flustered i am over it. its just paper dolls. i guess.

but if i can't get my account back, i may just quit. emo

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I think you might get your account back fairly fast, I remember my sister forgot her pass and mail, she just needed some way to confirm your account. Procedure is relatively fast. And as you said these are just pixel dolls, it should not be too big of a deal to just use a new account and enjoy the community or whatever it's čeft of it.
The Zorya
I think you might get your account back fairly fast, I remember my sister forgot her pass and mail, she just needed some way to confirm your account. Procedure is relatively fast. And as you said these are just pixel dolls, it should not be too big of a deal to just use a new account and enjoy the community or whatever it's čeft of it.

yeah, i'm not so into the community aspect. i got tired of passing out advice people take offense at ages ago, and generally only post to cover something a thread missed (which is why i post so rarely). i'm really just here for the paper dolls.

so when i say "meh, it's just paper dolls," that's me trying to convince myself that i'm not 7 years old anymore. sweatdrop and i should be spending my time on more productive stuff.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Well, it's nothing to be ashamed of. People get attached to their toys. I'll gladly donate if it means anything to you. Got some gold i am too lazy to spend on myself.
The Zorya
Well, it's nothing to be ashamed of. People get attached to their toys. I'll gladly donate if it means anything to you. Got some gold i am too lazy to spend on myself.

aww! no. thank you, that's sweet though.
Yeah, I hardly spend my gold. I'd be willing to donate to a good cause. :3

Shadowy Phantom

yyry
i got tired of passing out advice people take offense at ages ago

(Serious question.) Is there an art/comics community on the Internet where people don't take offense to good advice? I suppose pro-only communities should be a bit better about it, but if there's something open/welcoming to amateurs such as myself that isn't filled with special little snowflakes, I want to move there.
Mink_LaLa
Yeah, I hardly spend my gold. I'd be willing to donate to a good cause. :3

aww! thanks guys heart it may not be necessary though--i pmed a mod to freeze the account, and she got back to me yesterday and said it didn't look like any transactions had been made on it. she noted a different IP address had logged in last, but i actually bounce between my home, and the place i babysit at, for logging into gaia. so maybe there is no hacker, and there's just some weird a** glitch causing the site to suddenly refuse my password? if that's the case, everything's cool and fixable, i just need to wait it out.

Kyousouka
yyry
i got tired of passing out advice people take offense at ages ago

(Serious question.) Is there an art/comics community on the Internet where people don't take offense to good advice? I suppose pro-only communities should be a bit better about it, but if there's something open/welcoming to amateurs such as myself that isn't filled with special little snowflakes, I want to move there.

well, any place full of humans is going to have its share of snowflakes, but some places repel them better than others. conceptart.org is full of pros (but not pro-only) and short on snowflakes. i don't really hang out there, because it intimidates me. i made the mistake of signing up when i was starting college, and was still a delicate little snowflake myself. they pulled no punches, and i sat in a corner with my sketchbook going "oh god, everything i do is wrong."

i'm tempted to go back now and see if i still get knocked on my a**. i mean, i know i WILL. i'm wondering if i'll FEEL it as much.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Young people will always get some offense in advice, no matter how good the advice is in any online community. We don't see each-others faces, stuff might get misinterpreted. People in real life do take time to think what to respond while here they just twitter whatever comes to their head.

And I am super glad it will work out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces