Welcome to Gaia! ::

IronSpike
Foxgirl_Kira
Hey I was just wondering on average how long does it take you to draw a manga/comic page?

12 hours.

JESUS KRISPY CREAMS IS THAT AN IRON SPIKE???

*throws pokeball*
need to learn how ot make some
Psycho Bunny Studio
Foxgirl_Kira
Hey I was just wondering on average how long does it take you to draw a manga/comic page?

Oh... 2 to 8 hours depending on if I do colour and how many panels.

Thanks so very much for you contribution.
h chrriiiissssssssssst my wrists.

Yeah I've seen a doctor, I'm on medication for pain and something else to help but goddamn it, they're shot.

oh well.

Got my comic done today, got some sketches done for the next 5 comics. next one is going to be touch but the 4 after that are all just one panel toss off's hopefully I'll be able to do them fast and rest my wrist. hhnngg

And here I want to start a new project to boot. sad

Anyone wanna help?
Psycho Bunny Studio

JESUS KRISPY CREAMS IS THAT AN IRON SPIKE???
*throws pokeball*

Someone stuck a critique request under a fruit crate propped up on a twig. Easiest way to draw me out.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Psycho Bunny Studio

Anyone wanna help?

What's the project?

Elrom's Waifu

Beloved Wife

14,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
Hello guys, I wasn't sure if there was a Welcome to the forum thread so I thought I'd post here.

I feel kind of stupid for not finding this sub-forum right away, I've tried creating characters for a webcomic but the only program I have and can use is MS paint...

Are there any good Ms paint webcomics? I mean for me it seems like everyone's switched over better programs.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Cafe au Chocolat
Hello guys, I wasn't sure if there was a Welcome to the forum thread so I thought I'd post here.

I feel kind of stupid for not finding this sub-forum right away, I've tried creating characters for a webcomic but the only program I have and can use is MS paint...

Are there any good Ms paint webcomics? I mean for me it seems like everyone's switched over better programs.

Have you tried GIMP? It's free and has a lot more functions than MS Paint.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Cafe au Chocolat

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff? ;D

All kidding aside, most people use a solid image editing program like Photoshop or Gimp. Some create their comics on other programs too, such as Painter, Sai, Manga Studio, etc. MS Paint, while good on a very basic level, is kind of like using crayons when you should be using a pen instead. It's hard to work with for comics-making.
Seijaku_Ishida
Psycho Bunny Studio

Anyone wanna help?

What's the project?

Basically it's just a slew of short stories that occasionally they go back and address older stories but for the most part it's just little slices of peoples lives. Some of them are moments of daring and bravery, some of them are odd moments of amusement, some of them are just moments of fevered sensuality. I've got four little moments plotted out. The first and the fourth are a connecting plot but the two in the middle aren't

I dunno, how's your colouring skills? I also kind of want to re-draw the first page.

First story is about this guy that's getting mugged and is about to be killed when this weenier little guy comes in and saves him. Get's his little a** kicked but called the cops before he stepped in and the two bad guys run off when they hear the sirens so they're both saved in the end. It's mostly just a practice action piece, kind of getting myself to learn how to pace a fight scene.
You guuuys, something I read made me think that cynical, "Because I as a woman only like things with women thing again." :C

Oh right. Context. There's a person an Twitter I'm following right? She said this:
Quote:
Did the Bechdel test ruin certain movies for people besides me? I don't want to think about it while watching John Carpenter's The Thing. : (

Maybe it's just me, but that seems like...kind of a silly thing to let ruin movies for you. Like, could you imagine if I based what I watched on how many black people were in it? And I KNOW that's not what she means, but that's kind of how it sounds. <x<

Which would be hypocritical, seeing as I hardly have black characters myself. <x<

Also, consider the fact that even if something does pass the Bechdel test, that doesn't mean it can't be sexist as opposed to something that doesn't. Unless not having women makes something sexist in and of itself.

You know, like how the complaint about Young Justice was that it was sexist* because of Miss Martian appearing at the end. Of course, I say they should have just made Aqualad a chick, that way they'd have filled their 'Minority Quota' and no one could complain. 8D

*And if Young Justice is sexist, it's because of the way the girl team members are portrayed, not simply having the girl who the first episode wasn't even about appear at the end.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Psycho Bunny Studio
Seijaku_Ishida
Psycho Bunny Studio

Anyone wanna help?

What's the project?

Basically it's just a slew of short stories that occasionally they go back and address older stories but for the most part it's just little slices of peoples lives. Some of them are moments of daring and bravery, some of them are odd moments of amusement, some of them are just moments of fevered sensuality. I've got four little moments plotted out. The first and the fourth are a connecting plot but the two in the middle aren't

I dunno, how's your colouring skills? I also kind of want to re-draw the first page.

First story is about this guy that's getting mugged and is about to be killed when this weenier little guy comes in and saves him. Get's his little a** kicked but called the cops before he stepped in and the two bad guys run off when they hear the sirens so they're both saved in the end. It's mostly just a practice action piece, kind of getting myself to learn how to pace a fight scene.

Haha. Sounds interesting.

My coloring skills are...okay, I guess? this is my DA. Keep in mind if it's not paid work commissions > freebies, though. I don't get many, since I don't advertise, but I do have some regulars.

Oh, by the way. Do you know any websites that stream Japanese channels? San's looking for some to supplement her Japanese knowledge.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Mink_LaLa
You guuuys, something I read made me think that cynical, "Because I as a woman only like things with women thing again." :C

Oh right. Context. There's a person an Twitter I'm following right? She said this:
Quote:
Did the Bechdel test ruin certain movies for people besides me? I don't want to think about it while watching John Carpenter's The Thing. : (

Maybe it's just me, but that seems like...kind of a silly thing to let ruin movies for you. Like, could you imagine if I based what I watched on how many black people were in it? And I KNOW that's not what she means, but that's kind of how it sounds. <x<

Which would be hypocritical, seeing as I hardly have black characters myself. <x<

Also, consider the fact that even if something does pass the Bechdel test, that doesn't mean it can't be sexist as opposed to something that doesn't. Unless not having women makes something sexist in and of itself.

You know, like how the complaint about Young Justice was that it was sexist* because of Miss Martian appearing at the end. Of course, I say they should have just made Aqualad a chick, that way they'd have filled their 'Minority Quota' and no one could complain. 8D

*And if Young Justice is sexist, it's because of the way the girl team members are portrayed, not simply having the girl who the first episode wasn't even about appear at the end.

That's the thing. There shouldn't have to BE a 'quota' of any sort. And the fact that women are considered a 'minority' when they're half the ******** population is really vexing.

Unless it's a romance, women don't really get much screentime at all. While it doesn't 'ruin' individual movies for me, it makes me very very very irritated at movies on the whole.
Mink_LaLa
The point of the test, as far as I can recall, is to raise awareness of a particular area of systematic sexism. Namely that even when there are more than one or two female characters in a movie or TV show, they rarely have an identity or role outside of either acting as support for the male characters or being obsessed with obtaining a man. It's not that passing the Bechdel test makes a movie or TV show non-sexist, it's that applying the test in the first place helps us notice the extent of this pattern of writing female characters with no real depth. There's a version of the test for POC characters (of either sex) but I forget what it's called.
Yeah, I get that, but it still strikes me as kind of flawed. (Some people seem to use it like: "Two women (or more) that talk to each other about something other than men? GOOD ENOUGH." and don't consider the actual work as a whole) I mean, that's just my opinion. You're probably more right than I am.

Though, I just saw the Green Lantern. I can only feel that Blake Lively's (that's her name, right?) character was kind of pointless in the sense that she was just a love interest. Angela Basset's character didn't come off that way, IMO. :/

Seijaku_Ishida
That's the thing. There shouldn't have to BE a 'quota' of any sort. And the fact that women are considered a 'minority' when they're half the ******** population is really vexing.

Unless it's a romance, women don't really get much screentime at all. While it doesn't 'ruin' individual movies for me, it makes me very very very irritated at movies on the whole.

You're right, let me rephrase that: "Marginalized Group Quota". There we go! I'm sure that's better terminology. :3

I agree that there shouldn't be one, though. >x>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces