Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saraneth 6th Bell

I'm not comparing motives. That has nothing to do with what I said.

I don't see why Obama would be assassinated because he resembles Kennedy, is all.

Then again, I'm not the least bit superstitious. When it comes to other people, at least.
Tovarish Groznaya
Saraneth 6th Bell

I'm not comparing motives. That has nothing to do with what I said.

I don't see why Obama would be assassinated because he resembles Kennedy, is all.

Then again, I'm not the least bit superstitious. When it comes to other people, at least.

I'm talking about youngish, charismatic sort of thing. People like him.

I'm not saying OMG HE'S LIKE KENNEDY SO HE WILL BE KILLED BECAUSE OF THAT.
If you don't get what I mean, then I can't really explain it. XD;;

But everyone is just so goddamned happy that he's president, and he seems like a nice, intelligent sort of guy, so a lot people just have this horrible, horrible feeling he's going to be killed. Everyone I talk to seems to think that. =/ I feel so scared for him.

And Kaxen, I want to know why you're mostly doing just fancomics when you should have a website up dedicated to original cartoons like you're always posting here. XD Cause they're ******** hilarious.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Saraneth 6th Bell
And Kaxen, I want to know why you're mostly doing just fancomics when you should have a website up dedicated to original cartoons like you're always posting here. XD Cause they're ******** hilarious.

I should start posting these somewhere. Though I always feel bad that I don't really churn out comics on a consistent basis. Maybe I shouldn't even attempt to stick to a theme. I'll call it "Kaxen... on STUFF" rofl

I need to start my half-vampire milkman comic still. ._. And my dragons vs. airplanes... though the latter I'm setting aside until summer because I talked myself into animating the prologue...
Saraneth 6th Bell

I'm talking about youngish, charismatic sort of thing. People like him.

I'm not saying OMG HE'S LIKE KENNEDY SO HE WILL BE KILLED BECAUSE OF THAT.
If you don't get what I mean, then I can't really explain it. XD;;

But everyone is just so goddamned happy that he's president, and he seems like a nice, intelligent sort of guy, so a lot people just have this horrible, horrible feeling he's going to be killed. Everyone I talk to seems to think that. =/ I feel so scared for him.

Nah, I getcha. No worries. Just saying I'm not really worried.

Though the fact they had to have 3-metre-high bullet-proof glass around the stage when he gave his acceptance speech really speaks volumes.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
You should put your random comics somewhere. xd I know I'd bookmark it.
Yeah, and I think my dad said Obama got secret service protection earlier than any other candidate ever. D:

Kax: It doesn't have to be on a theme, just random like you do, because that's funny and reacts to current events better. If you just try to do a few a week or something, then I think it would work. Your stuff is funnier than some other successful strips out there.

Lol DVA. Like AVP. >_>

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Yeah... no theme is easier.

That's it. I'll set up "Kaxen... on STUFF!" during the weekend.

Or maybe Kaxen on Ishkabibble... *tries to think of the coolest word she has for random s**t and miscellanea*
Yey! And it does seem that most of the money in webcomics is in frequently-updated humour strips. >_> So it might work out. :'D

Also: I got my custom buttons and pocket mirrors. They look fugging awesome. When I actually have some daylight, I will take photos. So you can behold their splendour.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
OMG. I think....I'm done with my commission....

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Saraneth 6th Bell
Yey! And it does seem that most of the money in webcomics is in frequently-updated humour strips. >_> So it might work out. :'D

Humor webcomics seem to sell better. Makes me wonder why my money grubbing self has not considered the possibilities! xD

I'm never sure how much effort to put into drawing humor stuff. Most of them are really quick, like one hour or less.
I don't think you need to put that long into them, as long as the art is decent and effectively conveys the joke.

But yeah, I'm with you on that money grubbing part. XD Except I don't do cartoons easily. I'm all... DEAD PROSTITUTES AND EPIC ADVENTURES!

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I used to have a humor comic about characters in an rpg game(yes, I know, not very original) when I was in high school. I had like...50 pages. And 40 more sketched. Then my scanner crapped out and I lost what little following I had when I finally managed to snag a new one.

Eloquent Explorer

Saraneth 6th Bell
I don't think you need to put that long into them, as long as the art is decent and effectively conveys the joke.

But yeah, I'm with you on that money grubbing part. XD Except I don't do cartoons easily. I'm all... DEAD PROSTITUTES AND EPIC ADVENTURES!

Epiiiiiic 8D

I agree about your cartoons, Kaxen; I'd love to see a website dedicated to them.

I expect humour sells so well because we're all desperate for something to take us briefly away from the expletive-hole that is the real world. That and there are so many different ways you can lampoon modern society (however you might define that) xD Like Kaxen's cartoon back there.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Saraneth 6th Bell

I always want to go epic, but I really suck at going epic! It's like Jackie Chan trying to be dramatic...
Kaxen
Saraneth 6th Bell

I always want to go epic, but I really suck at going epic! It's like Jackie Chan trying to be dramatic...

*snort* XD

Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson starring in....MACBETH!
Coming soon to a cinema near you!

Enchanted: Lol, that, and it requires less effort on the part of the reader. One off entertainment without having to read through the whole thing. And such. And humour strips tend to update more often.

Ugh, so we did felting in textiles today (FELTING, not felching), and my hands are still all dry from the soap and water you use. It was fun, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff