Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Hm. I was reading this and thought it rather interesting using Maslow's Pyramid.

Shadowy Phantom

Seijaku_Ishida
Hm. I was reading this and thought it rather interesting using Maslow's Pyramid.

One of the most interesting takes on Sues and characters in general that I've ever read. Thanks for the link, this is definitely stuff to keep in mind.
That was an interesting read. I sadly read Manly Men Doing Manly Things but rarely read her rambles or analyses. Clearly I need to rectify this.

In other news I'm trying to get out of some emo fit where I'm convinced all my ideas are horrible and need to be dragged behind the chemical sheds. Not sure how to handle it, but I am working on it.
Comics is hard. Really hard.

But I will learn this craft. I'm determined now... I'm going to turn fear of this medium into fuel.

Is anyone else like this? Or am I just an overly ambitious idiot who trying is to make comics his reason to get through each day.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Bulbasauurr

But I will learn this craft. I'm determined now... I'm going to turn fear of this medium into fuel.

Is anyone else like this? Or am I just an overly ambitious idiot who trying is to make comics his reason to get through each day.
Try joining an OCT (Original Character Tournament). Trust me, you will learn so much about comicking by just drawing more comics. And in a tournament, you're forced to finish things with a deadline. It's a lot of work, but it's an awful lot of fun. Here's a list of OCTs looking for participants.
Kupocake
Bulbasauurr

Try joining an OCT (Original Character Tournament). Trust me, you will learn so much about comicking by just drawing more comics. And in a tournament, you're forced to finish things with a deadline. It's a lot of work, but it's an awful lot of fun. Here's a list of OCTs looking for participants.
o_o!
Thank you! I'll take a look. This looks like it will help me a lot.
Bulbasauurr, you remind me of my puppy. WAAAY too much energy and enthusiasm so much so I want to kick him sometimes but I just can't bring myself to be mean to him.
xD

I'd want to kick me too. x__x;;

I might come off as hyper because I usually only post when I have a burst of energy or an epiphany.

I get really enthusiastic about comics because I've made it my reason for getting through each day. o_o;;

btw you must have a rad puppy. I just got one. What kind is it?

Shadowy Phantom

Bulbasauurr
I get really enthusiastic about comics because I've made it my reason for getting through each day. o_o;;

Quoted because I'm the same way.
Bulbasauurr
xD

I'd want to kick me too. x__x;;

I might come off as hyper because I usually only post when I have a burst of energy or an epiphany.

btw you must have a rad puppy. I just got one. What kind is it?

He's a mini dachshund and OMG sometimes I wish he'd just calm the freak down. This is the same dog that tried to lay down on my side (he wobbled and fell off) and has attempted to sit on my head multiple times. And he just runs around my house; not chasing anything, not being chased, just...running, like he's on crack.

He's lucky he's adorable. >8|

And I get more excited talking about comics than trying to make them (though the latter is fun, if unsuccessful). Probably because I have a lot of fun being able to say, "THIS IS TERRIBLE AND THIS IS WHY IT'S TERRIBLE." Okay, I don't usually say it like THAT, but I enjoy reviewing and critiquing things so. MUCH.

I still want to start doing webcomic reviews, starting with Bizarre Uprising (if you google that, remember it gets pretty NSFW at times). Many because that comic has potential in quite a few places, but fails at the execution so badly, I feel the need to talk about it on the Internet. Not to mention the fact it had potential is what pisses me off the most.

TL;DR: I enjoy talking about things and why they may or may not suck.

Huh. I just dawned on me that's why I never actually progress with stories. It's a gift, and a curse.
Yeah, miniature dachshunds love to run, so make sure to walk him a lot. Most dogs get depressed and lazy if you don't walk them often enough. I'd try at least once every few days.
Yeah, miniature dachshunds love to run, so make sure to walk him a lot. Most dogs get depressed and lazy if you don't walk them often enough. I'd try at least once every few days.
Trust me, he gets walked a lot. IT SEEMS TO MAKE NO DIFFERENCE.

But it's funny, because he'll tire himself out and just flop over, usually on/beside me or my mom. >w< I also can't leave this dog for five minutes. He'll lay next to me, I'll get up to do something, and a minute later has followed me, as if he couldn't wait for me to come back.

Though teaching him fetch was fun. Took a while for him to understand the 'bring it back' part.
My dogs were too old when I got them AND they were abused, so teaching them how to cuddle and play tag was about all I could manage. That and getting them in their cage so I can leave the house.

But yes, dachshunds are total lapdogs. They LOVE to be near you and under blankets because you'll make them nice and warm.

EDIT: There was so much wrong with the grammar in this post. Fix'd. Mostly.

Dapper Codger

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Out of the blue, but...

As a graphic designer and illustrator (for realz, at a design firm...I'm old) I find that drawing comics is excellent practice to help keep my composition and technical drawing skills polished.

Panel composition and visual flow in comics is similar to book/page/magazine/advert layouts, and it's always good to keep the drawing skills from getting rusty. Because... you never know when a client will suddenly want an epic set of illustrations instead of photos for their project. >____>

Also, drawing comics is fun. Fun practice is the best way to practice, because it never becomes a chore. And, even if it's nowhere near as good as the stuff you do proffesionally, it helps you develop your unique drawing style.

So... to all you kids drawing your comics for fun; good on you. Keep it up. Don't create for other people to read it; create for the fun, and the skills you learn along the way will last a lifetime! XD

...okay, I'm finished now.
*runs for cover*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas