Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Prophet

The "black" naming thing extends to real life as well!

There was a notable african american woman in forensics who was so good at earning convictions she was called black magic.

But then it turned out she was falsifying evidence!
Wow, thats just sad. Why do we do crap like this? We don't call white scholars "white magic" or anything like that.

In other news Lissa really needs to get back to work and stop watching Horrible Histories skits.
Admittedly, calling a character "Black _____" can help them look bad a**. It's just when they actually ARE black...

Ahem, anyway:

Are you there, God? It's me, Mink. I don't ask for a lot, but, please. Don't let this suck. I mean, when I read this interview and saw the words "21st century reimagining", my inner child attempted to perform seppuku. It's just...I don't want to watch that and attempt seppuku myself. I don't have a sword or machete on me, so I'd have to use this pencil here.

And are they for REAL? They don't understand why people may have a 'visceral' reaction to being told, "Hey, that popular 80's cartoon you loved as a child? WE'RE REIMAGINING IT. AND 'UPDATING' IT FOR THE 21ST CENTURY!!!1!!" What with what's happening to Devil May Cry ("attractive to American and European players", my a**), the Halloween remakes, the The Fog remake...

I WONDER WHY THE THOUGHT ENRAGES PEOPLE.

...>8|

Sigh. Oh well, I still have Swat Kats and Samurai Pizza cats. But look, now that I've said that...

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Mink_LaLa
Are you there, God? It's me, Mink. I don't ask for a lot, but, please. Don't let this suck.

did you ever see the recent comic series that attempted to resurrect the series, only darker and grittier? no matter how bad this new series it, it cannot CANNOT top that comic line. panthro was dead, cheetara was being gang-raped daily, and the twins were mum-ra's personal sex slaves.

it was ******** disgusting.

i'm looking forward to this new show just as a pallet cleanser. i want it to be ridiculous and retarded--just like the original.
...Wat. That comic did... WHAT!?

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
god, what was that livejournal group that posted comic pages? that's where i saw it. it obviously didn't SHOW those things happening. but mum-ra was bragging to the twins, with flashbacks to cheetara chained up in a mine and surrounded by henchmen, and panthro's bones.

here. read the first review.

SO. new cartoon. can't wait.
There's probably a reason no one has heard of the people who worked on that comic book.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Whoa, 1000 pages. Congratulations, CC.

So, remember Spire Isle OCT? We need another judge again. There are only 4-5 entries to read, and two matches to decide on.

For those new to OCTs, it stands for Original Character Tournament, where people pit their own characters against other artist's characters, and fight each other in a comic-format, with a tournament style twist. Judges decide which comic entry was better, in terms of artwork, story, general comic conventions, etc. and that winner proceeds to the next round. It's really quite fun as a competitor, but being a judge is pretty awesome.

I ask that you be critical and a fair judge to everyone, regardless of how you feel about me or anyone you might know in the tournament. C:

If you're interested, please PM Makihyu Hiashin or Spire Island saying you'd like to join in. They'll give you all the information.

So, pleeeeease? 8D
I can check my schedule to see if I have time to do that, although I should.

megrar
did you ever see the recent comic series that attempted to resurrect the series, only darker and grittier? no matter how bad this new series it, it cannot CANNOT top that comic line. panthro was dead, cheetara was being gang-raped daily, and the twins were mum-ra's personal sex slaves.

it was ******** disgusting.

i'm looking forward to this new show just as a pallet cleanser. i want it to be ridiculous and retarded--just like the original.

...Hm, where's that pencil again...Oh, there it is. *stabs self*

Dammit people, Darker and Edgier doesn't ******** mean better.

See, this is why I like The Uniques by Adam Whithers and Comfort Love. It's a 'realistic' superhero story that actually seems REALISTIC, not like so many other comics that purport that, but is just each and every day is horrible and everyone is a reprehensible a*****e.
megrar
god, what was that livejournal group that posted comic pages? that's where i saw it. it obviously didn't SHOW those things happening. but mum-ra was bragging to the twins, with flashbacks to cheetara chained up in a mine and surrounded by henchmen, and panthro's bones.

here. read the first review.

SO. new cartoon. can't wait.

I think that was posted on scans daily 1.0.

Mumra was bathing or something and the twins were his attendants? I vaguely remember it
sorry, I have no input on the conversation but tell me what you think of my sig sweatdrop

Shadowy Phantom

Foxgirl_Kira
sorry, I have no input on the conversation but tell me what you think of my sig sweatdrop

Houston, we have a problem.
The good news: I've been doing a lot of art lately. 17 of 100 character art challenges, first few of general art challenges, got the page layouts sketched out for my new comic up to page 10. some plot notes on NOVA for the next few pages.

The horrible news: I ******** over my wrist HARD. I can't feel my fingers much anymore, the wrist joint is pure pain right up to my shoulder, I'm typing this one handed and drawing with my good hand which is now just making /it/ hurt like a ******** now.
Got some drugs from the doc for the pain but I cant afford to go to the hospital for more tests.

learning to draw with my feet now.

um... Someone wanna do a couple of guest comics for me out of pity because I'm gonna kill myself if this doesn't get better?

Shadowy Phantom

Psycho Bunny Studio

Oof, sorry about your arm D: That sounds like way more than wrist pain.

I suppose I could do a guest strip, but I have no idea what you'd want.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
Psycho Bunny Studio
um... Someone wanna do a couple of guest comics for me out of pity because I'm gonna kill myself if this doesn't get better?

i can, but i need a script or something to work from.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff