Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I'm kind of ambivalent towards high school.

Though right now I miss community college. @_@

Once the novelty of sitting in a lecture hall like the movies/tv wore off, it feels so impersonal to sit in a class with 100+ people. >_>

Also, I'm having one of those moments fussing over whether or not my characters don't look dissimilar from each other enough... lots of heads especially since the comic is grayscale...

I want to give some of the characters stubble, but I can't figure out how to do stubble with ink or watercolor...
I really wish I could find a tutorial aimed specifically at character design. Like, for super-cartoony stuff. I'm having a bit of an art block.
There's two ways I know how to do stubble. You can draw a few small marks around the chin that will give it a scraggly look. Or you can go over the whole chin area with a light tone, and that'll give it the full 5'oclock shadow look.

Amazing is what it is.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
.......why is it under non-fiction?
That right there is an excellent question.

And man, this picture comes in handy!:
User Image
Uhh...

Yeah.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
jesus. fred perry and ben dunn. way to be whores, guys.

i'm really over the obama/palin comics.
I was over them before they EXISTED.
High school is pretty fun except all of most of the kids are appearance obsessed dumbasses. Well, I suppose their brains will start to kick in eventually.

I play trumpet and piano, by the way. I'm decent at both, but not particularly good at either. sweatdrop

That comic is full of win.
Pieprsn2 the avenger
High school is pretty fun except all of most of the kids are appearance obsessed dumbasses. Well, I suppose their brains will start to kick in eventually.

I play trumpet and piano, by the way. I'm decent at both, but not particularly good at either. sweatdrop

That comic is full of win. It makes ME want to do one too!
High school was alright. Met some amazingly smart people that will probably be running the country soon, met some...not so smart people. College made high school look much better by comparison.
Kaxen
I'm kind of ambivalent towards high school.

Though right now I miss community college. @_@

Once the novelty of sitting in a lecture hall like the movies/tv wore off, it feels so impersonal to sit in a class with 100+ people. >_>

Also, I'm having one of those moments fussing over whether or not my characters don't look dissimilar from each other enough... lots of heads especially since the comic is grayscale...

I want to give some of the characters stubble, but I can't figure out how to do stubble with ink or watercolor...

Nah you got a good facial range, different hair, eyes, face shapes and everything. It's good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff