Welcome to Gaia! ::

iianbe

So this one scene I had thumbnailed and planned out and had done about 3 days of panel work on... is going in the garbage bin. Because I did my research in a slightly-off direction the past couple of weeks and found out yesterday that the way I had it staged and timed was all wrong.

Granted, the revised version's gonna be better and more realistic, but it's not like I'm swimming in free time (or buffer) any more.

And that is the story of how the migratory patterns of bighorn sheep made my Saturday a grumpy one.

I just spend way, way too much time not actually pencilling or inking or whatever and I should really stop that. But my attention span is not cooperating.
Don't worry, I personally have the attention span of a drunken hamster. Also what I do draw I inevitably throw out and start over. >x>

Glen Beck, I want to believe you're a parody of...something. I really do.

Which reminds of this from The Daily Show: "BLACKS DON'T OWN MARTIN LUTHER KING, WHITES O- no, wait, that's not right..." heart Jon Stewart. heart
Mink, your sig makes me smile.
I know, right? 8D I saw it and was like, "THAT HAS TO BE MY SIG."

And speaking of Darkseid, it makes me excited for Superman/Batman Apocalypse. Superman+Batman+Darkseid=AWESOME. AND THERE'S WONDERWOMAN!!11!1

Oh, and Supergirl's in it, too. Whatever. Okay, it's kind of ABOUT her, but I could care less about her.
Have you been watching the new season of Futurama? In the last episode, Fry makes a comic and they go to a convention. There's an allusion to furries (cross species dresser) too. Fun stuff.

Yeah, Darkseid and Granny Goodness are a couple of my favorites. I don't even mind his name having 90's spelling. xD

I think I liked him because he reminded me of Apocalypse from the better days when X men still had a social message.
Man, I have seen Futurama in a WHILE. D:

Oh, X-Men. I want to say Marvel in general has jumped the shark. Especially with the Civil War. And House of M. It's been downhill from there, to me, which is why I tend to just stick to characters I like's individual series.

I mean, seriously, the Civil War? You'd think they'd been a BIT more concerned about the unrepentant mass murderer on the loose, but I guess not. And House of M. Really? Getting rid of a bunch of mutants via Wanda saying, "No more mutants"? Plus it's possible to get your powers back, apparently, so what the hell was the point? Yes, the actual purpose was to have less mutants to deal with in-universe, but the fact mutants can get their powers back make the whole thing rather pointless. /rant

Superhero comics, this is why it was so hard for me to start to like you in the first place. >8[
Well, you know that most of the regression in story happened during the 90s when people were buying comics and not reading them.

And then in the 2000s when they were trying to manga-ize their books to gain readers. (Ultimate universes drove me from comics for like... 10 years. X men in particular.)

But at least we know that there's stuff out there to read besides heros and magic girls. If I had known that then, I never would have fallen so far out of the comic world loop.

And fortunately, DC Universe animated features are great, so I get to watch them too.
Haha... I think that the minority of western comics that isn't like that actually have better stories and art than manga, but the super hero stuff just seems really too overdone for me.
Superheroes in and of themselves aren't overdone to me, since I could make that argument of anything. The main thing I think is overdone is the 'realistic' superhero story, which for some reason apparently HAS to mean everyone is an unlikeable a*****e and/or "being miserable all day everyday," as one podcast I heard put it. Four words: Darkness Induced Audience Apathy. And yes, that applies to a lot of things.

Liik: The 90's was also the Dark Age of comics. >x> In an interview, Alan Moore admitted to being in a bit of a bad mood at the time of making Watchmen, and compared the Dark Age to being like the comics were in a bad mood. Something to that effect; I can't remember the site that had the article.

Also the Ultimates make me go >8C. Just...ARGH. I wouldn't care so much about what they did to Nick Fury if I liked Samuel L. Jackson more.
Well... you can do ANY type of story well. No doubt there are a lot of awesome super hero stories out there. But I dunno, it seems like they are all so inter-connected that it's hard for an outsider like me to get into it.

And oh do I hear you about the whole anti-hero trend. sweatdrop That is getting to be true about video games too, isn't it? I don't want to be some unlikable douchebag who goes around slaughtering innocent people because they walked in front of me no matter how well you render the graphics. thxgaiz.
See, Prototype is like that at first, but the farther you get in the game, the less it is. Unless you want to be a b*****d and slaughter innocents. That's an option too.

Gears of War, though. It's like, "The Locust are COMPLETE MONSTERS, the C.O.G. is a bunch of psycho, trigger-happy fascists...WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO ROOT FOR?!"

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Though it plays out weird in Prototype since the cinematics show Alex sometimes feeling a little bad about things... but the game encourages you to destroy everything (and in interviews the developers were pretty much screaming "POWER FANTASY! WHOO!" every other time)...

Though based on backstory, Alex was somehow more of a d**k without being a weaponized thing of doomy doom than he is as a people-eating monster...
I don't think I've played this game at all, I should look into it.

I was talking more directly about God of War and stuff. XD
I need to play God of War. I've heard...interesting things about it. 8D

Kaxen
Though it plays out weird in Prototype since the cinematics show Alex sometimes feeling a little bad about things... but the game encourages you to destroy everything (and in interviews the developers were pretty much screaming "POWER FANTASY! WHOO!" every other time)...

Though based on backstory, Alex was somehow more of a d**k without being a weaponized thing of doomy doom than he is as a people-eating monster...

Well, since [the Alex you're playing as isn't the real Alex Mercer, it kind of makes since. The real one released the virus to be spiteful, and essentially take the human race down with him. The Alex you're playing as develops a conscious and generally loves his 'sister', which is arguably something the real one never had or did]. And really, you'd have to be an a*****e to work for a place that orignally created a virus to kill minorities.

Though otherwise, yes. It is a bit odd he feels bad when in the game you can destroy a cop car by throwing a cop at it.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I just find it vaguely amusing to see a character contrasted as worse than the one that eats people... usually the cannibal gets called the evillest.

though it might not count as cannibalism. DAMN YOU TECHNICALITIES.

This unlikeable people in video games thing makes me think of one of Yahtzee's Extra Punctuation articles about characterizing women where a lot of people can't seem to tell the difference between "b***h" and "tough and independent" ...which makes me think of his one about manly vs. macho.

Good God, my history teacher's assignments to fill out maps feels kind of below me and is intensely tiring trying to cram long country/capital names into tiny little countries.

When I take over the world, every small country is going to be renamed something with three letters or less.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff