Welcome to Gaia! ::

Urgh, two days to pencil one page. This is not promising for anything resembling a regular update schedule.
Zee Coldwater
Urgh, two days to pencil one page. This is not promising for anything resembling a regular update schedule.

I know how you feel! It just took me two days to do just the coloring on one page yesterday. >_>;;

BTW in regards to your sig, nice to see people using my NanoMango counter, and plugging NanoMango in general! biggrin

I failed the June run so hard, though. sweatdrop
Haaahhh, it's okay, so did I. Failed it pretty hardcore. Might try again in November, though!

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Haa, I'm definitely doing NaNo in November. 8D Chapter 3 of Overlord of Ravenfell <3333
Zee Coldwater
Urgh, two days to pencil one page.

Welcome to my world!

So this one scene I had thumbnailed and planned out and had done about 3 days of panel work on... is going in the garbage bin. Because I did my research in a slightly-off direction the past couple of weeks and found out yesterday that the way I had it staged and timed was all wrong.

Granted, the revised version's gonna be better and more realistic, but it's not like I'm swimming in free time (or buffer) any more.

And that is the story of how the migratory patterns of bighorn sheep made my Saturday a grumpy one.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I don't think I spend enough time on my pages. Just recently, I noticed the villain in Boy Aurus has a reappearing and disappearing beard.

God, I'm stupid.

I went diving in my old work and I realized everything I drew around last year has the most ungodly long faces ever and I feel stupid for never having noticed since it's like... long to the point of grotesque looking back at it.

...I'm utterly wretched at self-critique it seems. @_@ I never notice anything until waaaaaay after I'm done.
Lol... well, my character is one-legged and sometimes I draw the wrong leg missing. XD So... it's okay. We all do stuff like that. At least with a beard you could say "well, his hair grows REALLY fast!" XD

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
The whole story takes place over about 48 hours so that fib doesn't work. >_>

Then again... A WIZARD DID IT.

...I don't think I spend a single moment explaining magic in-comic... I always think explaining stuff is hard. Especially when the majority of the characters are experts. Experts don't explain rudimentary facts to each other.
Oh. Well. Whoops, then. XD He has magic facial hair! xd

Most people don't actually care HOW magic works, I mean... it is magic. The reader just needs to know what limitations the character has VS what the opposition has, to establish the conflict. If you can establish that without the how/why then all is cool.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Limitations are pretty important when it comes to magic. I do like knowing more about fantasy worlds though and how the magic system works, though. 030
It depends, often the two go hand in hand. I think it's crucial to some stories, and just slows down the pace for others.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
The only major limitations are how long it takes to draw magic sigils and only one type of item will ever turn into another item... Though I'm not sure if the latter is confusing since while one wizard can only turn lead into gold, another one can only turn lead into yogurt. ...not sure if that's enough.

...though it mainly just gets sticky for Aurus since he's so long-lived and traveling so far from home that objects he could easily find in a desert is significantly harder to find in other places.
So your characters have individual alchemy-like spells that are unique to them? That's pretty cool. XD I think that would explain itself after a while though. Especially if you have more than one character running around, because then your dude could be like "damn, all I can turn this rock into is a table lamp, I wish bob were here because he could turn it into ice cream" or whatever, lol.

Anyway, the concept sounds interesting.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Yeah. @_@ Though I still fuss if it's too FMA-ish... since I do like FMA, it could be rubbing off on me.
Haha... my story has FMA elements too, and I've been writing it since before the original FMA ever came out. I think its because FMA covers so much that there's a lot of similarities to a lot of fantasy stories.

UHG I am drawing this wagon, and whenever I go to ink it, even when I use the curve tool, the wheels always look like an 8 year old crafted them out of lincoln logs instead of like they were made by expert craftsmen. stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff