Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zeus Comics is a new comic studio and would love to have partners working with me.
We are looking for inkers, colorists( hot ), manga-artists and script writers ( hot)
hot= great demand.
We have a dedicated website and aspirants can check it out at http://zeuscomics.page.tl/
ZeusComics is free and open to all, so dont think of any monetary bebefits. We do it only for recognition and exposure.

Go to the website and click on the 'join us' button and follow the procedures.
Hi
It seem nice and i wanna join but not now...
It's really seem new with nothing to check...
I'd happily do some script writing but not as a full time job. I'm in college and, obviously, have to attend classes and stuff ^^ If interested, please pm me!
Why should a "hot" comic artist in "great demand" bother working for an outfit that only offers "recognition and exposure?" If they're hot and in demand, they don't need any help from a small-time start-up with publicizing themselves. They can go out and work for an actual salary.

You get what you pay for, you know.
Why do you ask age and nationality - are there restrictions?
More importantly, why does everyone have to open a new studio instead of joining one of the many existing ones? Methinks this is a case of there being too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Whoa, people have answered...

Noy = yea, i understand...a few more days and i could upload...any suggestions for a worthy place to upload?

F_U_Brutis = not a prob...I'm in college too...u could spend the weekends for the work, right? a few hours( 1-1.5) should me more than enough...

Ironspike = I'm just starting out and am new to this field...so i obviously cant pay. But thanks for pointing out though...

Loucien= not at all dude...it's just that i dont live in the US...so i just thought i'll ask wink

Vergessen= Which studio is ready to accept new people? If we could start our own one, we could play by our rules...so we dont go beggin around for a place when there's no ad or anything.
Good point, though wink
Alright, time to begin my little mini-rant.

One. When requesting for people to join you in your little endeavor, use spellcheck at the very least. "bebefits", the lack of periods--these little grammatical errors tarnish your appearance to look like you can do anything worth anything.

Two. In response to your response to Verg, you are very obviously not looking hard enough. I'm surprised that you even somehow managed to find the Comic Creators sub-forum. Look around the recent threads here. I can see two decent studios already--Catalytic Productions and Dream Studios (I think that was their name). They are currently accepting new members. You complain about them not having advertised, but what of you? The only blip of your appearance that I've seen is here in CC.

If you're just starting out, I think it's very unwise to start out your own studio. Seriously, it's like starting a business with no knowledge at all of how it works. GO join a studio. Just look around CC and see if any of the studios are active, if they are accepting whatever position you seem to be able to do, and if any of the projects they have interest you.
Emihaumut =
Buddy, all I was trying to do was to get a few guys and start a new venture. Is something wrong with that?
And in question to my talent, since when did grammatical errors undermine a person's abilities?
I'm the kind who goes out and finds people and embark on a common dream and fulfill it...I do not believe in joining some rat-race.
( no offense intended, seriously )
Since when did grammar matter?...Grammar matters because you are trying to show the people here that you are different from the n00bs that come in here asking for a partner then flaking out like 3 days into it. You'd be surprised just how many grammar nazis (or police if you prefer the euphemized version) roam about here as part of their everyday routine and then b***h at you for making even a small mistake.

There's nothing wrong with trying to get a few guys and start something new. The big problem I see is that you lack experience--crucial experience you gain by joining a studio versus starting one--and it seems to me that you have never made a fully fleshed out comic before. Random doodles with boxes around them do not count.

I find it odd that you would refer to this as some sort of rat-race because really, by making your own studio, you'd be joining in on the race to make a comic. It would be more of a competition between studios than it would be between members of the same studio. We in the active studios are working very diligently to produce quality comics.
Vergessen Held
More importantly, why does everyone have to open a new studio instead of joining one of the many existing ones? Methinks this is a case of there being too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Why is every fiber of political correctness in me screaming.

*Pulls the tiny tiny thread off my jacket and blows it away*

ahh that's better.

I don't know how many people are in your group however http://www.psychobunnystudios.com has published 2 comics already and has been in operations since 2000...

Jezuz I just realized it's been like 8 years.

O_O

By the way Verg, what ever happened to Karoshi? And, come post in my guild! RAR!
coolsharanz
Emihaumut =
Buddy, all I was trying to do was to get a few guys and start a new venture. Is something wrong with that?

Emi has a point so you shouldn't be so hostile, it's not going to win you any fans.

There's nothing wrong with your plan, per say, however it's not much of a plan. In the face of two studios being constantly on the front page, both of them whom have been in operations for a year (I believe) and still not have published anything it's discearning that you're going to distract and take away hopeful artists from studios that may be able to go somewhere and instead disillusion them to the craft.

Starting a studio, being a leader, setting a scheduel, it's all WORK, lots and lots of hard, deep into the night, organizing work. And if you're in University you probably don't have time for it. If you can't offer anyone benifits, then you're not going to attract many people, if you havn't thought any of this out past "HEY I wanna publish mah comics! Lets DO EET MAAANNNN" then chances are you're going to crash and burn and since here at CC we've seen it happen multiple times us trying to make you get your a** in gear and consider this stuff is just our attempt at damage control.

Quote:
And in question to my talent, since when did grammatical errors undermine a person's abilities?

a lot.

For two reasons:
First, if you're planning on running a studio then that means YOU in all reality will have to be the chief editor. Even if you hire another editor you still have to know if THEY are good.
So not being able to do basic spelling and grammar while writing on the fly makes people wonder if you'd be able to catch it and correct it.

The second reason is it shows your level of seriousness. If you can't or won't take the time to run a spellcheck on a post trying to recruit people to a PUBLISHING studio (even web publishing) then it shows you don't have any respect, no respect for those you hope to hire, for those you hope to sell to and for those just passing by that can read.

Quote:
I'm the kind who goes out and finds people and embark on a common dream and fulfill it...I do not believe in joining some rat-race.
( no offense intended, seriously )

That last one is a little offencive. Joining a small run independent studio is "joining the Rat Race"? Well then excuse me Mr. Rat-Pack but what do you think you're advocating here if not the status quo?

If we wanted to join the "Rat Race" then most of us would have gone into advertising or we'd be busy applying at real comic studios instead of trying to make our own.
Doing your homework or getting guidance from a group with experiance doesn't detract from you but adds to your ability, it shows people you've seen and considered the other options and you've got a plan even better then them. It shows you're ready to live up to the claims you make.

In any case I leave you to the ideals I leave all others, Test of time and print.

Eloquent Explorer

coolsharanz
Vergessen= Which studio is ready to accept new people? If we could start our own one, we could play by our rules...so we dont go beggin around for a place when there's no ad or anything.
Good point, though wink

I was about to post and put a word in for Catalytic Productions when I saw that you'd already posted, Emi ^^ But I have to say, it seems to me that you're being rather over-critical. I know you love flame wars, but that doesn't mean you ought to pick them with every perfectly okay person whose spelling and grammar is a little below-par. Let the guy make his studio! You managed to scare off that other guy, the Chicken Soup Productions one, and I did agree with you on him, but at this rate there'll be no other studios in existence apart from CP xD And like I said before, I'd love to have a 'rival'.

coolsharanz, I do echo PBS's feelings about the "rat race" comment, but I'll let it slide. She's said what I'm thinking already. I also agree that it's a good idea to look round some other studios first (and we've already established that there are others), not to steal their ideas but just to see how it's done. You might want to set up this thread to be a bit more visually appealing, show that you're prepared to put work into it, create banners and an application form and such. Maybe start another thread since people have already posted in this one.

That's pretty much all the advice I have to offer. Good luck and I hope that you haven't been put off your endeavour so far!
Bunny, Emil and Enchanted...
Whoa, whoa, like I said, no offense was intended...don't ya know 'rat-race' really means workin and making money all the time? People, no offense........seriously...
But you actually know what pissed me off? The fact that you guys started lecturing me on what to do rather than sayin' whether ya wanna be part of the venture or not( that's kinda the point of this topic, isn't it?) I really agree with u guys that grammar plays an important in comics...but what i asked earlier was that since when did grammar matter in this POST...
Bunny says i was rude, if so , i apologize...
Emil, if ur offended, i apologize...
Enchanted, thanx for actually understandin' this post.....
Like i said, let's concentrate on joining me or not, shall we?
Actually, I'm looking for a nice place to upload my comics and that's what's takin' my time...any suggestions?

Eloquent Explorer

Okay, I get your point about the rat race. For my part, it was more the "some" that bothered me as it seemed a little derisive, but I know you didn't mean it that way. Sometimes your subconscious can make itself heard, though.

It is generally well looked-upon to have good grammar even when posting, because it sets you apart as someone who is prepared to make an effort, it is easier to understand you, and it bodes well for your comics. You might be perfectly capable of using good grammar in your comics, but how do we know?

As for joining, I'm afraid I can't since I already have trouble making time for Catalytic as it is. But I'm interested in reading what you manage to produce, certainly. You'll generally find that there a lot of people who hang around this forum simply to pounce on people and lecture them, when they actually aren't interested in their thread at all. Don't take it to heart, it's just that Gaia has a lot of n00bs and so there are those who have appointed themselves responsible for either knocking them into shape or cutting them down to size. And in many cases, it is needed. But the aforementioned users can often be overzealous and overcritical... so in short, you have to learn to deal with it.

My typing seems to have suddenly gone really formal for some reason... x3 Anyway, your question. If you're looking for a site to host comics, there's SmackJeeves, DrunkDuck, Tokyopop (although they apparently will sometimes publish without the permission of the artist, so be careful)... that's all I know of... but aren't you going to host them on your own site?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff