Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toxic Trash

13,775 Points
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Well quite frankly i have had tons of idea's for things that would make amazing comics, but i have one problem. I have no artistic talent what so ever.
The most recent one just kinda came to me and I decided it would be a crime against nature for it not to become a comic.

Warning their will be some death scenes in it that might be written a little (really) gorey
The current idea centers around either created characters or our gaian characters.
Gaian was the original plan but i can be flexible, and after some mindless shinnanagance they come across an envelope or some other object. After opening it a massive steel box appears in-front of them. Upon entering it, it appears to be an empty box. After deciding to camp out in it for gits n shiggles the box activates reading them as master. Then the adventure starts. The box itself can teleport the master/masters through space time and even dimensions. And the comic is about the ensuing adventures.

I won't lie some of the things i have planed might be difficult to draw so you might want to be an art veteran.
Please Pm me
Or post.
I don't mind either or. <3

Toxic Trash

13,775 Points
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Toxic Trash

13,775 Points
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Anxious Lunatic

Firstly, bumping so often is not needed in this thread. It moves really slowly and makes you seem impatient. It can take a month before your topic falls off the page so just cool your jets, people'll see it.

In relation to your topic, well...

Finding artists of any kind who will draw your comic for you is difficult in general but you've got quite a few things against you. From what you've written, I don't see you offering any kind of payment to the artist for their work, which is extremely unappealing, considering that you've got this huge idea and even bigger expectations - asking for someone whose an 'art veteran' to collaborate with you because some scenes will be difficult. You won't find someone whose art will be the style and skill level you desire to create your story unless you make it worth their while; art takes a long time to create for how quickly anyone can glance at it. It's a lot of work for the artist, whether they are an art veteran or not, and when the only payment is 'You might be the one to create something awesome my head thought of that people could possibly like', it's nothing anyone can live off of.

The next thing to consider though, is your story. It sounds like you've got this huge story in your head that you want to bring to life and that's awesome but an artist won't be as invested in your story as you are because they can't see just how amazing it looks in your head. I've tried working with writers, in RL with friends and in various other internet forums, but they all would think miles ahead while I was still thinking about the beginning because that needs to be drawn; the characters meeting has to occur to be able to eventually get to the epic space battle that happens in chapter 15. And it can take months before all the pages of the character's meeting are even finished.

One of the most disturbing things though is, although you say you're a writer, it certainly doesn't show. Whenever looking for writers, keeping an eye out for grammar and punctuation is always something a considering artist would do; to be honest, all my curious interest was lost at the apostrophe incorrectly in the subject sentence. But your attempt at conveying the actual story was little more than, 'This is the beginning and then ADVENTURE!' This ties back to what I said before; as awesome as it looks in your head, you can't seem to explain the details of it that state your belief of, "it would be a crime against nature for it not to become a comic." It's not going towards the reassurance that you're a writer someone would want to work with for a long time, if you can't clearly make an artist see your vision through words.

I'm not saying any of this to discourage you, I just see this a lot and little appears to come of it. It's great that you're confident in your own ideas but using phrases like the one in your first sentence without the grammar or super amazing original hook line sinker to back it up, it's less confidence and more... arrogance? It's just very unappealing. Hopefully you read this as construction criticism; I've nothing against you or your idea, but your presentation of your idea is really really bad gonk

tl;dr
        Don't bump. Drink tea and wait.
        Artist gets zip for work.
        Huge ideas, long story.
        Grammar is wut.
        Overconfident without having much to show.

Good luck, man.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Kenny Cappuchino
tl;dr
        Don't bump. Drink tea and wait.
        Artist gets zip for work.
        Huge ideas, long story.
        Grammar is wut.
        Overconfident without having much to show.

Good luck, man.

Erm, all of this

I'm going to be honest. The primary reason I do the art for my own comics is because I know I'm the only one who would be passionate enough to keep working on them, and maintain a viable schedule. My art absolutely sucked when I started - hell, I still think it sucks - but because I'm investing so much time and energy into it, I've grown a lot as an artist, and as a storyteller. I mean, I was already drawing the s**t I see in my head anyway, this is just a step up from that.

I'd recommend giving it a try, OP. Will it look as great as it does in your head? Well, no, of course not. But it'll probably get closer than if you had someone else trying to draw what you're describing. Also, you can be proud of what you've accomplished. You may even get fans. Hell, you might even take the "bad art" as a style in itself, if you can approach it from the right angle.

I mean, if you find an artist, awesome! But like Kenny said, you can't expect "veteran" artwork if your own writing isn't exactly veteran quality.

Toxic Trash

13,775 Points
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Xiam

Thank you for the advice. As for the whole grammar thing, that just the rough idea of what it was.
And glad to hear someone else has hope for my art, i certainly don't.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
illogicaly logical
Xiam

Thank you for the advice. As for the whole grammar thing, that just the rough idea of what it was.
And glad to hear someone else has hope for my art, i certainly don't.

Oh, tch, anybody who thinks they have great art is overselling themselves. I mean, yeah, I've been proud of some things I've drawn, but generally it's always going to be an upward climb, and one should never settle.

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm looking for some work experience to boost the ol' resume so I'd be up for working with you for free (or gaia gold) ....provided the comic got published in some form or fashion eventually. If it just sits in a folder on your computer than that won't really do much for me.

I'm a full time university student and I work so please be semi lenient with deadlines if you choose to work with me. My degree work comes first.

Anyway here's a link to my gallery. You'll have to browse the side folders and the older posts to get the human samples. I've been on an animal craze lately.

Great Gumdrops a Link!

Here's a picture samples too. User Image

Thanks for the consideration!

9,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Citizen 0
O think this sounds great, I believ you've seen my art befor, and it has improved greatly as well, I think this would be a great project to work on smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff