Welcome to Gaia! ::

closed

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
1. Why would multiple writers want to help you write your idea when they probably have a million of their own?

2. Why would an artist want to draw your idea? What are you compensating them with?

3. What exactly are you contributing to this creative endeavor? If it's just the idea then see point 1.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Jellybean Disaster
Now open for business! : D
Sounds interesting. However, I do have some questions.

1) How many writers are you looking for? Personally I would not want to work with more than four. (I am a writer by the way)

2) Is Shinji and her childhood friend the only characters so far? Who will write their parts?

2b) How many more characters (main and sub) are you wanting?

3) How many Artists are you looking for? I would think one for characters, one for buildings, one for anything mecha

4) I kinda get the story line, but I need more info
OMG! Your avatar is really cute! Also, valid questions, so I'll do my best to answer.

Catanaition N. D.
1. Why would multiple writers want to help you write your idea when they probably have a million of their own?

Actually, I'm a writer myself! My hope is that I'll get some more writers to help me develop this idea and help me get some traction. I was looking around this thread, and it seems like a lot of people want to do a collaboration. One thread requested more specifics, so I decided to make it easier and just throw my idea out there along with some stuff I was looking for. If they've got a million other ideas, I guess the good news is that they don't have to help me.

Catanaition N. D.
2. Why would an artist want to draw your idea? What are you compensating them with?

This is just for fun. No monetary compensation, like I mentioned above. The writers aren't being compensated and neither am I! The artists (and writers) aren't obligated to help, so...like I said, the good news is that they can just move right along if this doesn't suit their fancy.

Catanaition N. D.
3. What exactly are you contributing to this creative endeavor? If it's just the idea then see point 1.

See 1. I think you've made it clear that my opening intro post is a little confusing, so I'll go edit it.

Thanks for looking~
Snowblazer

I'll do my best to answer~
Snowblazer
1) How many writers are you looking for? Personally I would not want to work with more than four. (I am a writer by the way)

Ah, yeah, it probably won't get beyond three. I am a writer, too, so my biggest hope is that we can get together with some other writers and try to develop this idea more.
Snowblazer
2) Is Shinji and her childhood friend the only characters so far? Who will write their parts?

No - there is more than those two. I had to simplify the plot so as to not overwhelm everyone with information. Just bringing it back down to basics, that's all. As far as who will write who, it'll be a collaborative effort. One chapter of the novel will be written by one person, maybe the next one by someone else - the point is that two-three people will have different ideas as to where to go with the story as it progresses. This may make it easier instead of having just one person.

That's my reasoning, anyway?
Snowblazer

See 4~
Snowblazer
3) How many Artists are you looking for? I would think one for characters, one for buildings, one for anything mecha.

One for buildings/environments, one for characters - that sounds about right. To answer your question, maybe two? I'm not expecting a lot of attention from this thread. At this point, I'm trying to get a feel as to who would be interested and if it's worth pursuing, ultimately. Obviously, if not artists are interested, I just gotta scrap it, right?
Snowblazer

I will send you a very lengthy PM. D :

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Jellybean Disaster
Snowblazer

I'll do my best to answer~
Snowblazer

Ah, yeah, it probably won't get beyond three. I am a writer, too, so my biggest hope is that we can get together with some other writers and try to develop this idea more.
Snowblazer

No - there is more than those two. I had to simplify the plot so as to not overwhelm everyone with information. Just bringing it back down to basics, that's all. As far as who will write who, it'll be a collaborative effort. One chapter of the novel will be written by one person, maybe the next one by someone else - the point is that two-three people will have different ideas as to where to go with the story as it progresses. This may make it easier instead of having just one person.

That's my reasoning, anyway?
Snowblazer

See 4~
Snowblazer
3) How many Artists are you looking for? I would think one for characters, one for buildings, one for anything mecha.

One for buildings/environments, one for characters - that sounds about right. To answer your question, maybe two? I'm not expecting a lot of attention from this thread. At this point, I'm trying to get a feel as to who would be interested and if it's worth pursuing, ultimately. Obviously, if not artists are interested, I just gotta scrap it, right?
Snowblazer

I will send you a very lengthy PM. D :

Alrighyt, I shall wait for the PM to ask other questions
Jellybean Disaster
If you are a writer, you must be good at writing terminology and creative scenarios:

If you are an artist, you must be good at drawing the following - you're the one creating this world!:

Jellybean Disaster
There is currently no monetary compensation for this project.

neutral

That's quite a stiff list of requirements you need from your helpers for someone planning to offer no compensation.

If this is a just for fun collab thing, maybe. But if you're serious about this, I'd suggest thinking about compensation.
Zeo
Jellybean Disaster
If you are a writer, you must be good at writing terminology and creative scenarios:

If you are an artist, you must be good at drawing the following - you're the one creating this world!:

Jellybean Disaster
There is currently no monetary compensation for this project.

neutral

That's quite a stiff list of requirements you need from your helpers for someone planning to offer no compensation.

If this is a just for fun collab thing, maybe. But if you're serious about this, I'd suggest thinking about compensation.

You should see this post. It's purely for fun, aaaaand I just edited the rules to reflect that. Thanks for the input~
Jellybean Disaster

This is just for fun. No monetary compensation, like I mentioned above. The writers aren't being compensated and neither am I!

You're expecting an unreasonable amount of dedication from total strangers who have never worked together before, don't know one another, and won't be paid.

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
IronSpike
Jellybean Disaster

This is just for fun. No monetary compensation, like I mentioned above. The writers aren't being compensated and neither am I!

You're expecting an unreasonable amount of dedication from total strangers who have never worked together before, don't know one another, and won't be paid.

I was trying to figure out how to put my implied point from the above questions into something that might not fly over OPs head and couldn't. Thank you for doing so just now <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff