• Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
This topic is closed.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Theoretically, you need only protagonist, antagonist and middle man. If you can't find purpose for more characters, then good rule of thumb is to leave them out.
Not every comic needs to have epic proportions and cast of more than 3 characters to bring your moral of story over.

Shirtless Explorer

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Zorya
Theoretically, you need only protagonist, antagonist and middle man. If you can't find purpose for more characters, then good rule of thumb is to leave them out.
Not every comic needs to have epic proportions and cast of more than 3 characters to bring your moral of story over.

You see, I know this. But there are spots that NEED to be filled. I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't need them! ^^;
In a well-crafted story, characters can't be both necessary and interchangeable. If the spots really do need to be filled, the nature of the spots themselves will suggest the characters that must fill them. And if pretty much anything could fit into those spots, then your story is crap and needs to be rewritten till character substitutions are impossible and/or those spots no longer exist.

Shirtless Explorer

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Amentar
In a well-crafted story, characters can't be both necessary and interchangeable. If the spots really do need to be filled, the nature of the spots themselves will suggest the characters that must fill them. And if pretty much anything could fit into those spots, then your story is crap and needs to be rewritten till character substitutions are impossible and/or those spots no longer exist.

I don't need personalities, I need a character look. I already know what I need, a bounty hunter, and a teck hunter. I want to see others ideas.
And for gods sakes, you don;t even know my story. You need to lay off, and not be so haste to call something crap. I nly needed some damn character designs.
xXLittle_OtakuXx
I don't need personalities, I need a character look
The way your characters look should not be independent of their personalities. If you have particular personalities and roles in mind for these slots, hire someone to design a look for you based on the descriptions. (None of this contest BS, FFS.)

Quote:
And for gods sakes, you don;t even know my story. You need to lay off, and not be so haste to call something crap. I nly needed some damn character designs.
I can infer plenty, actually. It doesn't take much to guess you don't even have a story (as in, something with a beginning, middle, and end) yet, just a premise with maybe some of the beginning sketched out. And I wasn't at all hasty at all in implying your story (such as it is) is crap. Good writers avoid unnecessary characters and their necessary characters aren't something a random person who knows nothing about the plot could design. That's just how writing works.

Shirtless Explorer

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Amentar
xXLittle_OtakuXx
I don't need personalities, I need a character look
The way your characters look should not be independent of their personalities. If you have particular personalities and roles in mind for these slots, hire someone to design a look for you based on the descriptions. (None of this contest BS, FFS.)

Quote:
I can infer plenty, actually. It doesn't take much to guess you don't even have a story (as in, something with a beginning, middle, and end) yet, just a premise with maybe some of the beginning sketched out. And I wasn't at all hasty at all in implying your story (such as it is) is crap. Good writers avoid unnecessary characters and their necessary characters aren't something a random person who knows nothing about the plot could design. That's just how writing works.

As a matter of fact, I have a beginning, middle end. I''m not some complete bubbling moron who doesn't know how to write.
All the hell I wanted was some character designs, because I have personalities that need a look. So for gods sakes, stop jumping to conclusions. I'm perfectly fine writer, and I was hoping for some small help on a character. I gave guide lines that I needed, and if they weren't to my expectations, then I'd just say "Hey, sorry, it isn't what I'm looking for."
Now, If you don't mind, stop babbling and please leavve my thread.

Profitable Prophet

I think what Amentar's trying to say is that you didn't give us anything to work off of with your characters. You gave us some clothing, and the barest hint of a setting, but we have no idea what the character is like, in their personalities, habits, or anything you're looking for. If you want a good design, your character should look like how they act. There's no such thing as a muscle-bound assassin who sits on the couch eating junk food all day, or, for a less extreme example, a girl who does parkour, leaping across city rooftops most of the time, is not going to be wearing a dress while doing it.

All we're asking for here is a bit of character so we actually know HOW to design the character. We don't know what they'd actually like wearing, so we can't safely put them into any sort of clothes.

For example, when I'm giving characters to my artists, I highlight a few features that I definitely want in there, as well as an outline of the personality. This still gives them freedom, but keeps them from going outside of my creative vision or making the characters wear something they wouldn't.

Here's an example of a couple of my character descriptions:

Quote:
CHARLOTTE is the new girl, rather innocent, the second youngest of the team, has light brown hair that is a bit brushed when she isn’t sleeping all over it, hazel eyes, and enjoys wearing a bow to keep her bangs back, though that’s off and her bangs will consistently fall over her eyes when she gets up. ELENOR is the second oldest, with shorter blonde hair and brown eyes. She is very "extreme" and "adventurous", tending to be much more reckless than others on the team. She used to date KEN, until he started to get more serious about the job, which is why he’s not in the bed with her right now, but in the bathroom. Usually wears a choker with a small, rectangular jewel that KEN gave her when they were dating.

Shirtless Explorer

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Niiwa
I think what Amentar's trying to say is that you didn't give us anything to work off of with your characters. You gave us some clothing, and the barest hint of a setting, but we have no idea what the character is like, in their personalities, habits, or anything you're looking for. If you want a good design, your character should look like how they act. There's no such thing as a muscle-bound assassin who sits on the couch eating junk food all day, or, for a less extreme example, a girl who does parkour, leaping across city rooftops most of the time, is not going to be wearing a dress while doing it.

All we're asking for here is a bit of character so we actually know HOW to design the character. We don't know what they'd actually like wearing, so we can't safely put them into any sort of clothes.

For example, when I'm giving characters to my artists, I highlight a few features that I definitely want in there, as well as an outline of the personality. This still gives them freedom, but keeps them from going outside of my creative vision or making the characters wear something they wouldn't.

Quote:
CHARLOTTE is the new girl, rather innocent, the second youngest of the team, has light brown hair that is a bit brushed when she isn’t sleeping all over it, hazel eyes, and enjoys wearing a bow to keep her bangs back, though that’s off and her bangs will consistently fall over her eyes when she gets up. ELENOR is the second oldest, with shorter blonde hair and brown eyes. She is very "extreme" and "adventurous", tending to be much more reckless than others on the team. She used to date KEN, until he started to get more serious about the job, which is why he’s not in the bed with her right now, but in the bathroom. Usually wears a choker with a small, rectangular jewel that KEN gave her when they were dating.

THANK YOU fir being nice about this. If you need a description, ill give one. I got angry becuase she started jumping to conclusions that my story was crap or that i didnt have a plot.

Profitable Prophet

xXLittle_OtakuXx
Niiwa

Quote:

THANK YOU fir being nice about this. If you need a description, ill give one. I got angry becuase she started jumping to conclusions that my story was crap or that i didnt have a plot.

The problem is that some people do that when others don't reveal much about their plot. Most of the people here will not believe that someone actually HAS a story, or art samples, until they post them, and if they don't, then yes, they usually aren't that good.

I'd be happy to take a crack at it, but yes, I'd like some descriptions to work off of.
xXLittle_OtakuXx
I'm perfectly fine writer, and I was hoping for some small help on a character.
Given how poorly you explain what you're hoping to get out of an artist, I feel secure in my doubts about your writing. When you say "I really need some more males," it sounds like those characters aren't developed at all besides having penises. No role, no personality, nothing but an open spot in the story for something with a wang.

Now, maybe you really do have all your characters fleshed out aside from their physical appearances, but if that's the case, you shouldn't be handing out a list of random and extremely vague attributes; you should be describing those specific characters to us. Or if you want some costume designs, then give a short explanation of what the wearer would be doing and in what sort of environment.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
xXLittle_OtakuXx
The Zorya

You see, I know this. But there are spots that NEED to be filled. I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't need them! ^^;

If you have beginning, the middle and end of story, then tell us at least in word or two about each part, and for which part you need that character to further, then maybe we can make few suggestions
Noone can swing their bats in dark room, hoping that there is a piniata with candy in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff