:people counter::..

+ 1 100.0% [ 770 ]
Total Votes:[ 770 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 367 368 369 > >> >>> »|

I.P.Freely
I don't know. I just randomly threw in lead into a spare lead container XD

xD Okay.

Nite Lewis
Leads come in COLORS? eek I've never seen them!

I like to use normal pencils for shading, but I find it easier to erase lines that have been made with mechanical ones - as long as you didn't press to hard, that is xD

I've never seen coloured lead either, I've only heard of them.

Yeah, they do seem easier to erase. But what ever is most comfortable seems to work best.

I.P.Freely
Yep, leads come in various colors (but to my disappointment, I haven't found one that can erase). For some reason, I find it easier for me to shade with my mechanical pencils eek . I know, it's odd, but I haven't used a regular pencil to shade in ages.

You can't erase coloured lead?
I've got to find those O: WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT
Head over to your local art store; that's where I found them smile

Eloquent Explorer

Naito Yuki
enchantedsleeper
*sits and cries over the Character Artist thread which is STILL deserted even though people said they would go there... crying *

xD Maybe all character design sketches should go in there instead of being sent through PMs. That might get more flow into that thread. And also give other character artists a chance to compare at the same time.

Well, maybe, except the ones being sent by PMs don't have anything to do with the project, so I couldn't really put them in a thread in the project subforum. But any ones which are to do with the project should go in there, I agree.

Wahey, you guys posted! o^^o

What's the difference between coloured lead and normal colouring pencils? Do you mean like for mechanical pencils? Cause I've never seen that in any art shop surprised

Nice design, Emihaumut! (Though I did have a bit of trouble working out which bit was what 'cause she's like... transparent xD) I think we should use that look for her. Great, that means we've done one character!
enchantedsleeper
Naito Yuki
enchantedsleeper
*sits and cries over the Character Artist thread which is STILL deserted even though people said they would go there... crying *

xD Maybe all character design sketches should go in there instead of being sent through PMs. That might get more flow into that thread. And also give other character artists a chance to compare at the same time.

Well, maybe, except the ones being sent by PMs don't have anything to do with the project, so I couldn't really put them in a thread in the project subforum. But any ones which are to do with the project should go in there, I agree.

Wahey, you guys posted! o^^o

What's the difference between coloured lead and normal colouring pencils? Do you mean like for mechanical pencils? Cause I've never seen that in any art shop surprised

Nice design, Emihaumut! (Though I did have a bit of trouble working out which bit was what 'cause she's like... transparent xD) I think we should use that look for her. Great, that means we've done one character!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They're quite easily obtainable in my country (colored mechanical leads, that is). I've never personally liked to use them much, though.

I thought only character artists could post in that spanking new thread, so I didn't dare mar it with any post. : D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eloquent Explorer

Oh, that reminds me, I still need to create the Storyboarder thread. ^^

There's lots more activity around the guild now, which is great. Though, we should make sure not to neglect this thread as well x3 It's keeping the applications coming in - I've had a fair few since I changed the title! (Though not many of them were for artist positions... maybe people just didn't realise we were looking for applicants full stop?)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We probably would need to do some active advertising. After all, the Comics forum is quite an obscure forum. I didn't even know of its existence till a few months after joining Gaia (or maybe I'm just slow). Most of the artists hang out in forums like Minishop or Art Discussion anyway, so it wouldn't really be too difficult to advertise to a select target group.

Know what we need? A banner, then we can stick it in our sigs and advertise while posting around gaia 3nodding
I agree with c00ki3 - I had no idea this place was here O:

@I.P.Freely: Ohh, so your username comes from that telephone joke, right? Anyway, yes, banners are good ideas. I should be using one >_>

Eloquent Explorer

X3 Y'know, we've had a banner for ages, the code's been on the front page. But now, we have four - two of them made by our resident banner artist, Celeste Gray =D and one which I commissioned yesterday, by Indigo Eye Graphics. (They just started, but they're good). The codes are all up, so there's no excuse :3

I'll put one of the banners in my sig, along with a thingy which says we're looking for artists, and go round posting in some art forums.

Yeah, the only reason I know about this forum is because I decided, around this time last year, to create my own webcomic. (I still haven't finished the first page X3) How did you guys come across it?
enchantedsleeper
Yeah, the only reason I know about this forum is because I decided, around this time last year, to create my own webcomic. (I still haven't finished the first page X3) How did you guys come across it?

I found it because I wanted to be in a doujinshi circle and a comic studio was the closest as I could find to one. Catalytic just happened to be the most interesting one I found.
I've been around long enough that I wanted to do a webcomic before AD even had a comic creators forum, so once they did, I jumped right in smile (Though I didn't start posting til like this year sweatdrop )

Edit: I should not be allowed to code...I should be doing hw crying

Eloquent Explorer

surprised I stand by my earlier assertion of your omnipotence. (Sorry about the long words, I'm currently in essay mode xD) Are you now going for the position of Website Designer as well? I'll put you down for it if you are. It looks really cool, what you've done so far n_n

Agh, I should be doing homework as well. But writing an essay about a novel is not only incredibly tedious, it's really hard because the quotes you need are surrounded by realms of text, as opposed to a poem where they're generally much easier to find. I was supposed to be going up to my brother's uni today to see him in a concert, but I stayed at home because I had too much work to do D: Now, at 5:40 PM, I've barely done any more than I had this time last night. I'm such a slacker.

It's cool to see that you guys all have stuff about CP in your sigs now ^^ Rock on!
Harsh. I've been doing math for the last 3 hours gonk I was supposed to have finished an hour ago, but instead, I was surfing the net... sweatdrop I'm still glad that my english class doesn't require us to read any novels whatsoever.

You can put me down for web designer if you want. I've been in a coding mood lately. biggrin

Eloquent Explorer

Okay, well, the more the merrier ^^ Although I do intend to have messages sent out to all the applicants for Web Designer (via one of the applicants for Secretary, as a test), I have doubts about how many of them will come back or even respond, so we will probably need some more for that position. - Having said that, I don't think it would be good to have more than, say, four designers working on one site. You know how the saying goes: 'Too many cooks spoil the broth'. En plus, having no experience of websites whatsoever, I'm going to need to appoint someone else to oversee the project.

I've long said that we don't have any immediate need of a website, since we've yet to finish one comic, but it might be an idea to put up some 'preview pages' of the comic in the meantime, if we can get them done. (I've got a couple of applicants for Manga Artist who are currently doing the test, so hopefully they can be approved soon ^^)

As well as writing this essay, I have a four-minute presentation on a French writer to write sweatdrop and some Spanish to learn. I won't jinx it by saying what I hope to accomplish on the CP front tonight - because whenever I say what I intend to get done, it never happens xD - but I do hope to have some free time left for it. Fingers crossed.

No novels! Wow, that's really lucky for you. What do you have to do instead? We have to do novels, plays and poetry - but no creative stuff! crying No doubt some people must be pleased, but it's a bummer for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff