Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Consumer

650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hello Everyone my name is Tanako and i am a Comic Artist, Writer, and Graphic Illustrator. I have been drawing most of my life. i love art especially writing comics. i like to tell stories. i have worked on so many stories ever since i can remember but after all those stories and drawing i finally came up with boy with a secret. this particular story have changed me as an artist and while working on it my style has improved. Boy with a secret have been running for almost three years and currently running about 200 colored pages. the inspiration came to me after watching a movie called Sybil, an artist with Multiple personality disorder. which is now known as dissociative identity disorder.

Why dont you take the time to check out my work and tell me what you think? and oh, leave a message as well, i luv to communicate with my readers.

Boy with a Secret is an engaging and modern comic that follows the life of a young boy and his hidden secrets. Only a few are privileged to know the truth, and to everyone else, he is a stranger. When Haruhi starts his new life at Fujimoto High School, he befriends the beautiful and compassionate Minako. Rejected by his fellow classmates and tormented by school bullies, Haruhi begins a life-changing journey to find out what real friends are made of. While his secrets unravel and his enemies grow by the day, a friend from the past comes to change everything...

Updates: Every Wednesday GMT -6(US Central Time)
Genres: LGBT, Psychological, Romance, Drama, School Life.
*warning* some adult situations Rated: 16+

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. http://www.bwascomic.com

I encourage everyone to check it out, leave me a comment, i like to communicate with my readers to know what they think about the story. to visit the website click on this link

==>BOY WITH A SECRET

Thanks and im looking foward to hear form you guys heart biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Fluffy Bunny

6,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
You go girl XD So what do u mean by gender bender? And what's a cool website to post comics on and are you worried ppl might steal your ideas ;0 sorry I'm new to webcomic makeing

Dapper Consumer

650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
xxx starchan xxx
You go girl XD So what do u mean by gender bender? And what's a cool website to post comics on and are you worried ppl might steal your ideas ;0 sorry I'm new to webcomic makeing

When you are working on a web comic you shouldnt worry about people stealing your work, if you do you will never get to post it online. Boy with a secret is copyrighted so even if someone were to take it i can actually sue them. Making a websome is very time consuming, wether its making it in gray scale or color. its something you need patience for. as for me i've been doing it for a very long time and i enjoy doing it. when you start your comic there afre several free comic hosting sites you can use. feel free to ask me more questions thats fine. 3nodding

Fluffy Bunny

6,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Tanako1
xxx starchan xxx

When you are working on a web comic you shouldnt worry about people stealing your work, if you do you will never get to post it online. Boy with a secret is copyrighted so even if someone were to take it i can actually sue them. Making a websome is very time consuming, wether its making it in gray scale or color. its something you need patience for. as for me i've been doing it for a very long time and i enjoy doing it. when you start your comic there afre several free comic hosting sites you can use. feel free to ask me more questions thats fine. 3nodding
wow that's so cool I make my comics on paper but I was thinking of makeing a web comic too xD and how did you get it copyrights? :0 web or paper cause I'm almost done with my paper one and I want copyrights to it biggrin

Dapper Consumer

650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
xxx starchan xxx
Tanako1
xxx starchan xxx

wow that's so cool I make my comics on paper but I was thinking of makeing a web comic too xD and how did you get it copyrights? :0 web or paper cause I'm almost done with my paper one and I want copyrights to it biggrin

Well to copy right youll have to go to the copyright website located here Us Copyright Office now a days every thing is done online. but there is a fee. if you are underaged i would recommend you get someone older to help you with this process. there is also a fee involved. but yea, thats what i did.

Fluffy Bunny

6,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Thanks so much and I like your web comic

Dapper Consumer

650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
xxx starchan xxx
Thanks so much and I like your web comic

You are very welcome smile

Shadowy Phantom

xxx starchan xxx
]wow that's so cool I make my comics on paper but I was thinking of makeing a web comic too xD and how did you get it copyrights? :0 web or paper cause I'm almost done with my paper one and I want copyrights to it biggrin

Tanako1
Well to copy right youll have to go to the copyright website located here Us Copyright Office now a days every thing is done online. but there is a fee. if you are underaged i would recommend you get someone older to help you with this process. there is also a fee involved. but yea, thats what i did.

In most countries, copyright is automatic (and therefore free). Your work is automatically copyrighted as soon as it's created. Registration is an optional extra step that makes it easier for you to go to court over copyright matters, but it is possible to go to court and win even without it.

One thing I want to mention is that only existing works are copyrighted, you cannot copyright ideas, concepts, works that haven't been created yet, names/titles, individual character likenesses, etc (you can trademark the latter two examples, but that's not the same as copyright).

Dapper Consumer

650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Kyousouka
xxx starchan xxx
]wow that's so cool I make my comics on paper but I was thinking of makeing a web comic too xD and how did you get it copyrights? :0 web or paper cause I'm almost done with my paper one and I want copyrights to it biggrin

Tanako1

In most countries, copyright is automatic (and therefore free). Your work is automatically copyrighted as soon as it's created. Registration is an optional extra step that makes it easier for you to go to court over copyright matters, but it is possible to go to court and win even without it.

One thing I want to mention is that only existing works are copyrighted, you cannot copyright ideas, concepts, works that haven't been created yet, names/titles, individual character likenesses, etc (you can trademark the latter two examples, but that's not the same as copyright).

yes i already know this. i went through the process.
Hmm....

Its interesting to see, that the "work" is copyrighted, however I have met quite a similar story over 10 years ago, Called 天使なこなまいき (tenshi na konamaiki)

Before trying to sue anybody, you better make sure if the idea they use is rather taken of the original japanese work.

As the matter of fact, in this topic, its nearly impossible to make a story, which has not been made a manga in japan ages ago.

Right now Im struggling with ideas too, after realizing, that the current plot I made up, ended up too similar with a graphic novel recently came out.

You dont have to be afraid "your idea" is used by another creator, since real creators are attempting to make something unique to them, to their style, so using a storyline which has already been worked up in a way, is kind of unacceptable,

What actually matters: characters, character development, and the graphic style itself.

Therefore it is possible to make unique manga with a common plot, as for me I prefer avoiding to do such..

to me it seems: your idea is viable, but you need some more focus on the artwork, and generating some tension with the character personalities,

For some reason I could only look at the first page, pressing next led me back to it.. I would be interested in the plot, if its worked out, because at this stage, I feel like Im commenting something just by its cover, and I cant determine if I just fail to access further story development, or I simply find that only page, because there are no more pages.

The common school incident startup can be developed into various plots, but its hard to make an objective opinion on a book by just looking at its cover.

I might sound quite negative here, forgive me for that, it was not my intention, Im just being a litle confused.

If there is a full story, pls link me a download in zip, or something like that, because this copyright stuff made me a bit curious. Made me think: you cant possibly want to go through the anoying process of copyright registration for just one page.

I apologize if the style I write my comments is not very clear, english is not my first language. m(_=_)m

*EDIT*

SUMANAI!

I managed to get to the whole thing, which gave me a totally different view: Its not like Tenshi na Konamaiki at all, it resembles a totally different manga.
My appologies.

The thing is: I normally read japanese style written mangas on this PC, which start from the back of the book, so what I actually first saw was the last page, and this is why I kept getting it back pressing Next button, since nothing is after last page.

As for yet, I did not have time to go through of it all, but at this stage, something certainly bothered me:

I dont exactly know, how old your characters supposed to be (their class was not mentioned), but the way they talk/think is just too vulgar/obscene.
The guy with the secret (I mean the main character) got a lot beating at start, but talked like a man often dominating in fights.
I guess (by graphics and plot start) his secret is actually HER secret, which kind of makes the dirty talk more strange, considering he/she does not really kick a**...

Why do everybody talk/think that dirty at their age?
It also made me wonder, what age audience is the comic aimed for?
At this stage it rather looks to be 20+ rated, however characters seem to be more gentle in seinen manga(20-30+)

Dapper Consumer

650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Miyagi Hayao

Well first of all i just want to say thanks for taking the time and checking out my work i appreciate it. you mentioned earlier that its like tenshi na konamaiki , sadly i havent read that manga before and had to look it up. and its absolutely nothing like my comic and the main character in BWAS has dissociative identity disorder thats why she is the way she is. she has an alter ego who is a male with takes over most of the time and he is the vulgar one. He gets into fights because he is miss understood and often harassed because he looks vulnerable. the idea and story is based on a movie which i saw and it also influenced me to right my comic.

All the characters in this story represents on one in real like but where all made up of my imagination. Thee age group targeted are older teens and honestly i see nothing wrong in the way the character talks. i have actually seen far worse with published japanese books that where also targeted towards young audience. and when you also talk about violence, half of the american comics/ japanese mangas and games all have violence. maybe some without the blood scene but violence is violence.

I don't know what type of high school you went to but my old high school a lot of teenagers are vulgar it's just that some are well respected and some are not just depending on their up bringing. if you want to know the age of the chatacters in BWAS you can check out the cast page or click here BWAS Cast Page once you click on the image the window pops out and you can reed more information on each character that way. as for bwas, its not necessarily a typical japanese manga that reads left to right. anyways, thanks for checking it out and i hope you continue to read smile

Well, it might be the age difference, I graduated 15 years ago..

As I mentioned, Tenshi na Konamaiki was my first idea after looking at the last page, when I managed to figure out that this is a "flopped" manga (mirrored to non-japanese standard - reading from left to right),
But I dont like deleting something I said once, rather prefer after-commenting.
So I`m back from work now, and will advance further i the story.

Some technical question: do you use any comic editor, or just create pages one by one?

Dapper Consumer

650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Miyagi Hayao
Well, it might be the age difference, I graduated 15 years ago..

As I mentioned, Tenshi na Konamaiki was my first idea after looking at the last page, when I managed to figure out that this is a "flopped" manga (mirrored to non-japanese standard - reading from left to right),
But I dont like deleting something I said once, rather prefer after-commenting.
So I`m back from work now, and will advance further i the story.

Some technical question: do you use any comic editor, or just create pages one by one?

Yea, 15 years is a while. High school students are not what they use to be back in the days i guess. i know, because i graduated high school 6 years ago LOL and i tell you, high school kids are very bad now a days. there are still some well mannered ones but then again, you have the ones you just want to smack across the head. but anyways, to answer your question, yes i do every page individually.

I sketch it out first, then scan the page into the computer, open it up in photoshop then illustrate it and color. after all that i work on the text. i dont write scripts because it is so time consuming with the process i just explained to you that i dont have time to sit and write scripts, but i do jot down ideas. i have a book which i plan my story, then when i want to draw it out, i read the story and draw it according to how i worte it. its easier for me that way. im not very good with editing so i have an editor who currently helps me with grammer error and sentence correction but when i first started it did edit my work. its very time consuming.

I dont get paid for this but i like what i do so i keep doing it smile smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces