Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
II DarkEmo II
cuz the first one is my last drawing
You know, work on fleshing out those faces, line art...colors...too minimal...

Well, who cares what age you are, anyways? And besides, there are plenty of women, so no need to shout it out.
18 characters are too much. It doesn't matter if you can keep up with them, the reader wont. The reader has hundreds of other comics to pick from, so you have to make sure your comic has something the others don't. A large cast has been done before, and it can be a great selling point. However, it needs to be done correctly. You need to go in and give each character their own unique details and faces and personalities.

Also, for your sigs and the first big image you have up there, I would suggest stop doing that. I know most people have gone through a stage where they reference another comic or artist too closely, and you need to stop that. It's a crutch that will hinder you later. You need to go in and learn how to make the drawings from the inside out, not just the shapes of the faces from comics. If you do that you'll never be able to create dynamic, unique and new poses for your characters.

One last thing: Please work on your grammar. Not only is it difficult to help you if we can barely understand what you're saying, but it makes it hard and troublesome for the reader as well.

Tips for proper grammar
1. Spell out words like you.
2. Remember to explain everything in your mind clearly
3. Don't be afraid to google words
4. It's okay to make a mistake here and there, so don't stress, but try to keep it all readable.
18 characters is a whole hell if a lot and your comic will turn into a huge ********. You need to learn to properly draw faces to give each character individuality, the goal is to be able to identify them even without hair or color, and you are FAR from that. So you're thirteen? That doesn't change anything. Is your art better because you're 13? Because you have some time to improve? no. It'll be judged just as harshly as the next guy. Same with being a girl, no one really gives a ********. It doesn't affect your art, which is what we care for. Now, that being said, go for it. Draw your comic ad get criticism on it, and then draw another better comic. Keep doing that and you'll improve eventually.

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
If you wanna know, old women,....I'm also staying at hostel and 14 now....so why? If I told them that I'm 13?....that's mean my drawing is notgood enough..but still I can draw...so, jgn batak ye sial...bodoh ,ko pikir ko bagus sgt ker??....
Okay, people saying 18 characters are too many really ain't thinking about hte cartoons, anime, and television shows they watch and think how cool it would be to mask some of them together.

I'm sure if I say 'Hey, Name 18 characters from Final Fantasy' or 'name all the characters from Lord of the Rings, Simpsons, or Family Guy', they'd do it real easy like and then look at you like you're stupid. No offense to the rest of you, but you're not thinking from a fresh perspective. Some of you are just being harsh and all over the place.

The amount of characters in a story is not a problem unless they're boring and exact copies of each other with different hair.

To say that they are too many is assuming the worst outcome for a novice artisan. It's not encouraging, its condesending. No offense, but behave yourself.

1. Advice number one, don't worry about the faces or grammar, that's superficial. You'll gain better grammar and drawing in high school where they shove it down you're throat constantly. Just make sure you can remember their names and, like others suggested, individuality. Personality is more important then looks when it comes to creating ficition.

2.. Work on a story by brainstorming. Come up with a core concept and figure out which of the 18 identify with it more and then use the rest as support players. That way, you can always make a story using them as main character, but their appearance won't be sudden of forced. It'll leave you're reader going; "Hey, that's Tomashi, he's a friend/rival of Kokuja."

3.You know you're character better then anyone and how they are, always make sure you stay true to them. This is the easiest way to alienate you're readers. wahmbulance

4. Have a friend act as Beta. Just because it's YOUR story, doesn't mean you have to do everything alone.Have a friend that has similar interests to check your work. Get feed back, see if the story is good from a Reader's angle. They'll also learn to care about hte characters and offer suggestions that might help. 3nodding

5. The most important thing goes back to #1. Brainstorm is to write bits of skeletal plot of where you want this to go. What is the outcome? You may then fill in the other stuff later. After these brief writting, you can storyboard. Then rough & final drafts of the comic strip. Suggestion is to start with comic strips and work up to Manga art. ^_^

And that's my lot.

Also, don't read in too heavily on critisim. Whether you're good or bad, professional or novice, people always have a scolding opinion.

Good Luck, DarkEmo

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Feral Corpse
Okay, people saying 18 characters are too many really ain't thinking about hte cartoons, anime, and television shows they watch and think how cool it would be to mask some of them together.

I'm sure if I say 'Hey, Name 18 characters from Final Fantasy' or 'name all the characters from Lord of the Rings, Simpsons, or Family Guy', they'd do it real easy like and then look at you like you're stupid. No offense to the rest of you, but you're not thinking from a fresh perspective. Some of you are just being harsh and all over the place.

The amount of characters in a story is not a problem unless they're boring and exact copies of each other with different hair.

To say that they are too many is assuming the worst outcome for a novice artisan. It's not encouraging, its condesending. No offense, but behave yourself.

1. Advice number one, don't worry about the faces or grammar, that's superficial. You'll gain better grammar and drawing in high school where they shove it down you're throat constantly. Just make sure you can remember their names and, like others suggested, individuality. Personality is more important then looks when it comes to creating ficition.

2.. Work on a story by brainstorming. Come up with a core concept and figure out which of the 18 identify with it more and then use the rest as support players. That way, you can always make a story using them as main character, but their appearance won't be sudden of forced. It'll leave you're reader going; "Hey, that's Tomashi, he's a friend/rival of Kokuja."

3.You know you're character better then anyone and how they are, always make sure you stay true to them. This is the easiest way to alienate you're readers. wahmbulance

4. Have a friend act as Beta. Just because it's YOUR story, doesn't mean you have to do everything alone.Have a friend that has similar interests to check your work. Get feed back, see if the story is good from a Reader's angle. They'll also learn to care about hte characters and offer suggestions that might help. 3nodding

5. The most important thing goes back to #1. Brainstorm is to write bits of skeletal plot of where you want this to go. What is the outcome? You may then fill in the other stuff later. After these brief writting, you can storyboard. Then rough & final drafts of the comic strip. Suggestion is to start with comic strips and work up to Manga art. ^_^

And that's my lot.

Also, don't read in too heavily on critisim. Whether you're good or bad, professional or novice, people always have a scolding opinion.

Good Luck, DarkEmo

You make me feel better...thank you.....
-Nods- You're welcome, just take it a day at a time.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I know how hard it is to write ( I cant draw so...pppbt) a story with a heck of a lot of characters. My first story (which I am still struggling with cause I want it to be perfect) has about 24 main characters. That's not counting their family and friends.So far only about ten of them don't have their own personality yet (yet!! I am working on it okay!!!)

A little hint with writing. Dedicate many hours to developing each character. Write his background. Don't stop with that character until you know every little detail about him. Then move on to the next.

Just don't rush with publishing it. Re-read it many times and edit until it is perfect. However with the first draft just draw and write, don't worry about anything. It's about the third/fourth draft you want to get very picky about it.

7,200 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
SpazMeister
1. A drawer is a type of very useful furniture. A person who draws is an artist, not a piece of furniture. (This happens to be a pet peeve of mine.)

2. Many people are girls. Theoretically, the world is 50% female.

3. What exactly are you looking for help with? You appear to already be a better artist than I was at 13, so you're clearly on the right path. Continue learning anatomy (you have to draw hands, even if they're a pain), backgrounds, etc and you'll do great. One thing I might suggest you do is to study layouts of pages from comics you like. Your 2nd image there appears very cluttered and I haven't a clue what's going on.

And an "anime" is simply an animated cartoon. For which you'd need to learn how to use animation software, get some experience with working with voice actors, etc. Not my area of dilatory expertise I'm afraid.

anime is NOT a cartoon!!!!! scream

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
sammythevampninjasaurus
SpazMeister
1. A drawer is a type of very useful furniture. A person who draws is an artist, not a piece of furniture. (This happens to be a pet peeve of mine.)

2. Many people are girls. Theoretically, the world is 50% female.

3. What exactly are you looking for help with? You appear to already be a better artist than I was at 13, so you're clearly on the right path. Continue learning anatomy (you have to draw hands, even if they're a pain), backgrounds, etc and you'll do great. One thing I might suggest you do is to study layouts of pages from comics you like. Your 2nd image there appears very cluttered and I haven't a clue what's going on.

And an "anime" is simply an animated cartoon. For which you'd need to learn how to use animation software, get some experience with working with voice actors, etc. Not my area of dilatory expertise I'm afraid.

anime is NOT a cartoon!!!!! scream

Except for the part where it is a style of cartooning.

"2. comic strip.
3. animated cartoon."

^Dictionary^

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Feral Corpse

How many of these characters end up pretty useless in most anime? A hell of a lot in shonen. Lord of the Rings has a lot of characters too. Guess how many got cut in the movie because they added nothing to the story? Many added to the overall world, because that was where Tolkien's interests lay.

And also: these guys are pros. A lot of them worked up to this(and a lot of TV shows have multiple writers). You learn crawl before you walk, and you learn to walk before you run.

Our usual advice is to do a 5-30 page comic before a sprawling epic. Most don't listen. I painted myself into a corner with too many main characters in an epic when I was younger, and they were still nowhere near 18 mains.

There is value in starting small in many instances.

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I remember when I was 13 I made a ton of characters, which the average number was 100, just for one story. As I got older, I cut down on many characters after developing their personalities and backgrounds, which brought it down to about 20. I was writing a fantasy war story.
What I suggest is taking all the characters you want to use, and make a list of their eye color, hair color, etc. Develop some back story for them, and maybe put in a secret about them. You don't always have to reveal things about a character unless you want to do it gradually. Also, once you do that you may find out that some of the characters may not fit into the story you are writing now, but would fit better in another story.
The large image above looks really good, but even if you drew it, it still looks like it may have been copied. The biggest suggestion I have for you is to develop your own style and develop a story you want to tell.

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Uhuukk...you guys, have gave me more confidence....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff