Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hello. I’m a mixed media artist seeking a writer to collaborate with me on a short one-shot. It MUST be short! 5-15 pages is ideal. I have commitment issues so I’d probably flake if the project is too long. Neither of us would want that.

My dA Gallery is here.

My style is a combo of manga, realism, and Western I suppose. I change it depending on what I’m drawing, I’m flexible. I use digital a lot nowadays, but I’d probably switch to traditional ink + screentones or shaded pencil for a short project. My traditional is prettier imo.

It can be a pre-written story or we can develop a premise together. I’ll only accept a story that suits my interests, hopefully we have similar taste.

I’m not asking for any payment, I just want more comicking experience and can’t seem to finish stories on my own right now. Therefore, I’m going to be picky. Please don’t be offended if I take a long time to decide.
Also, please present yourself clearly. If English is not your first language, I’ll understand, just no l33t speak. Plus points if you have experience formatting your story into a comic script. If you don’t, now’s a good time to start!

Extra info next post because this is the main info and it's gotten long.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
My favorite genres/themes are:
Action
Sci-fi/fantasy
horror/guro
noir
rom-com
LGBT(yaoi/yuri is fine)
dark comedy
steampunk/cyberpunk
Historical

I generally don’t care for:
Typical superheroes (it would have to be unique)
Moe
fan-comics, excluding mmo-based

I plan to work in black and white. Ink, marker, screentone, pencil. Possibly digital or watercolor. That stuff.

Thanks for reading my off-puttingly long posts. Please reply here if you're interested or have any questions.
I'd be interested in a collab project. Straight off I'd like to say I dont have a lot of writing experience, but I think I have good ideas, and I certainly don't think I'm bad at it.

Im writing my current project at www.booksie.com/method1cal , I feel like its poor compared to a lot of stuff I've written in the past, but I'm just getting back in to the swing of writing so I expect I'll be used to it again soon. sweatdrop

I've never written a comic script before, but I learn quickly so it shouldnt be a problem.

My favorite genre's are Fantasy and Sci-Fi.

Also your art looks great! You must have been doing it for a while. =)

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Method1cal

Checked out your current project, cool so far. Is it inspired by .hack?
Do you have any favorite comics/graphic novels?

Thanks a lot! I've been drawing for a few years now, still have a lot to explore. My art is going through puberty. :v
Sera Michaelis
Method1cal

Checked out your current project, cool so far. Is it inspired by .hack?
Do you have any favorite comics/graphic novels?

Thanks a lot! I've been drawing for a few years now, still have a lot to explore. My art is going through puberty. :v

Lol. =)

Its mostly inspired by Sword Art Online, but some of the plot might be more .Hack esque. Since a lot of the story revolves around PKs.

Far as favorites go I think my favorite comics/manga are Bakuman and Psyren. I dont read as much as I should so I've only read a few others. Doesn't help that im pretty picky about what I like when reading. Do you have any favorites?

I have a couple more examples of my writing online if your interested. I think that both are better examples, since they were written back when I was doing a lot more writing. They were also written with pen and paper as oppose to an iPhone, which usually helps.

Ones in the Gaia Arena and the other is on my deviantart, also Method1cal.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Method1cal

I've never read Psyren (just read the wiki synopsis, seems cool), but I'm so glad you like Bakuman. Takeshi Obata is one of my biggest inspirations ever. c: I've mostly been into dark seinen stuff lately, like Uzumaki, Vagabond and Dogs.

Reading through your examples, I'm going to assume they are different parts of the same story? How long have you been developing this story and its characters?
Sera Michaelis
Method1cal

I've never read Psyren (just read the wiki synopsis, seems cool), but I'm so glad you like Bakuman. Takeshi Obata is one of my biggest inspirations ever. c: I've mostly been into dark seinen stuff lately, like Uzumaki, Vagabond and Dogs.

Reading through your examples, I'm going to assume they are different parts of the same story? How long have you been developing this story and its characters?

I've not read any of those xD. I've been looking for somethint new to read though, maybe I'll check them out.

For the most part I just use the same names, it makes it easyer for me since I find it difficult to come up with names as I write. I can always change them later.

Most of what I write does take place in the same timeline/world, I've been working with a particular set of characters and plot for about 3 years, I don't want to write that until I feel I can do a really good job on it. A lot of the time I don't plan ahead much though, I mean aside from general direction and characters. Thats what keeps me writing, I want to see what happens just as much as the ones who'll be reading would.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Method1cal

Ah, I see. Have you ever completed short stories? As I'm sure you know, shorts and one-shots force you to know exactly where it ends before working on it, lest you run the risk of adding more twists and turning it into an entire epic.
Sera Michaelis
Method1cal

Ah, I see. Have you ever completed short stories? As I'm sure you know, shorts and one-shots force you to know exactly where it ends before working on it, lest you run the risk of adding more twists and turning it into an entire epic.

I haven't. I've never tried since it feels like I'd end up cramming too much and It would become sloppy compared to my other work. "Fulcrum" was meant to be shorter and so far its not been up to scratch in my eyes. I think the next part of it is written better though, I've been more excited to write too since I figured out where to go with it. I admit that it was, at first a very shallow idea.
I would love to help you write a comic script. I mostly write longer stories, but this would be great practice. I'm open to doing any of your genres, except steampunk, which I am not familiar with. Drama and romance tend to be my forte.

I'm not the best at writing action, I'll admit. If you want, I can post my first chapter of my manga idea as a sample script. From there, we can determine if we have any common ground on which to develop a plot? Like I said, I'll be willing to work with any of your genres...steampunk, if you really want it, may take some tutoring on the genre.

Profitable Prophet

I would be interested in helping you out. I have quite a bit of experience writing comics (mostly my own work, most of it being longer stories, though I have put together several one-shots in the past) and really enjoy it. If you want to look at some of my stuff, it's over on scribd. There's also some stories, and really pretty bad poetry, but there is plenty of work you can look at. I tend to work in either apocalyptic fiction, modern-times, or sci-fi, but I am always open to any style.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Tanrei_Hitonotakai
I would love to help you write a comic script. I mostly write longer stories, but this would be great practice. I'm open to doing any of your genres, except steampunk, which I am not familiar with. Drama and romance tend to be my forte.

I'm not the best at writing action, I'll admit. If you want, I can post my first chapter of my manga idea as a sample script. From there, we can determine if we have any common ground on which to develop a plot? Like I said, I'll be willing to work with any of your genres...steampunk, if you really want it, may take some tutoring on the genre.

Go ahead and post your manga idea! I'd love to check it out.

Steampunk is, in it's simplest explanation, dystopian stories based on Victorian era technology and fashion with futuristic elements. It typically involves advanced steam-based technology, as its name suggests. Also, everybody wears goggles for no reason.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Niiwa
I would be interested in helping you out. I have quite a bit of experience writing comics (mostly my own work, most of it being longer stories, though I have put together several one-shots in the past) and really enjoy it. If you want to look at some of my stuff, it's over on scribd. There's also some stories, and really pretty bad poetry, but there is plenty of work you can look at. I tend to work in either apocalyptic fiction, modern-times, or sci-fi, but I am always open to any style.

You are really, really good. I mean just plain awesome. Is Pity the Dead your main project? I love the characters, they're all really distinct.

I also read In Deep, I can envision the action in my head. You make the fight scenes really clear and badass.
Sera Michaelis
Tanrei_Hitonotakai

Go ahead and post your manga idea! I'd love to check it out.

Steampunk is, in it's simplest explanation, dystopian stories based on Victorian era technology and fashion with futuristic elements. It typically involves advanced steam-based technology, as its name suggests. Also, everybody wears goggles for no reason.

Here's the link to the script and the story version of the first chapter of my comic idea on Google Documents. Please, let me know what you think. The written version is not my best writing, since it was an adaptation of a script. It's alot easier to work the other way I find. Lol.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b3HxH6NYR-X0ya9iQBQ0_JnKumGkYYZfbiEL1ViOI6k/edit

Profitable Prophet

Sera Michaelis
Niiwa

You are really, really good. I mean just plain awesome. Is Pity the Dead your main project? I love the characters, they're all really distinct.

I also read In Deep, I can envision the action in my head. You make the fight scenes really clear and badass.

Thanks a lot! Yes, Pity the Dead is the project I've been working on for quite a while, and will generally come around every few months to throw at these fine people. Sometimes I enjoy getting some new short scripts out there, though!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff