Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
Cat like thief 182
Kasumi_Pandahs
So its been almost a year since I started this topic and I draw a lot better now biggrin

Hi there,

My name is Cat, I just sort of stumbled onto this thread. I don't know if you're still looking for writers or not, but I'd be very interested in seeing your new work. I actually have experience in comic writing, I have a collaborative webcomic that I started with one of my friends awhile ago, but she draws a lot slower than I write, so I have some time to take on other projects. heart

Hi Cat :3 thanks for responding. Yes I would still like a writer but I cant really do any computer programs yet. I have to wait to get a scanner. But I can draw and take pictures of my drawings if that's okay. Here's some examples of my newest work dating back to almost 8 months ago:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

To be honest, the Lilith Fire one is one of my favorites but I could draw some more and upload if you would like to see a certain style or character. 3nodding whee

High-functioning Punching Bag

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
Congratulations, you are definitely improving! (I like the bold colors and clean lines in Lilith Fire.) If you find a writer and you two want to only be responsible for a portion of a group comic, would you mind checking out this thread?

It seems like it would provide plenty of inspiration, even if you wanted to do a section without help writing (I can beta your scripts, if you were interested and worried about legibility/grammar).

Friendly Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
oddlyalli
Congratulations, you are definitely improving! (I like the bold colors and clean lines in Lilith Fire.) If you find a writer and you two want to only be responsible for a portion of a group comic, would you mind checking out this thread?

It seems like it would provide plenty of inspiration, even if you wanted to do a section without help writing (I can beta your scripts, if you were interested and worried about legibility/grammar).

Im not sure exactly what you mean but if you need another artist I'm up for it :3 Just tell me what to draw and I'll do it

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Kasumi_Pandahs
Cat like thief 182
Kasumi_Pandahs
So its been almost a year since I started this topic and I draw a lot better now biggrin

Hi there,

My name is Cat, I just sort of stumbled onto this thread. I don't know if you're still looking for writers or not, but I'd be very interested in seeing your new work. I actually have experience in comic writing, I have a collaborative webcomic that I started with one of my friends awhile ago, but she draws a lot slower than I write, so I have some time to take on other projects. heart

Hi Cat :3 thanks for responding. Yes I would still like a writer but I cant really do any computer programs yet. I have to wait to get a scanner. But I can draw and take pictures of my drawings if that's okay. Here's some examples of my newest work dating back to almost 8 months ago:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

To be honest, the Lilith Fire one is one of my favorites but I could draw some more and upload if you would like to see a certain style or character. 3nodding whee

I really like what you've got. I don't really have samples of my writing up yet, I've been working on it, but I'm technically on vacation this week. I could link you to my webcomic if you're really curious, but it's a little more adult than anything I think that you're wanting, or anything that I'd do on Gaia.

I'm not sure what you'd like to do, but I would love working with you if you're still looking for that kind of thing.

Friendly Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
I would love to see your webcomic, I don't mind if its adult. Also, I would love to work with you! :3 but I'm looking for something to go with my new characters. Can you do an action story? I could show you one of the characters.

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
Kasumi_Pandahs
oddlyalli

Im not sure exactly what you mean but if you need another artist I'm up for it :3 Just tell me what to draw and I'll do it

No, I (and the guy who is actually in charge) need another artist or five who are willing to create and guide their own characters in the project. But it's looking like the idea will just die if we don't get a few people interested soon.

Friendly Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
oddlyalli
Kasumi_Pandahs
oddlyalli

No, I (and the guy who is actually in charge) need another artist or five who are willing to create and guide their own characters in the project. But it's looking like the idea will just die if we don't get a few people interested soon.

Oh well I could do that too ^-^

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
Kasumi_Pandahs
oddlyalli

Oh well I could do that too ^-^

Oh, yay! emotion_bigheart Well, go on through this link and we'll see if we can draw the OP back in! (He does take a few days off Gaia at a time, so there may be a delay before any reaction to a post by you or me, jsyk.)

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Kasumi_Pandahs
I would love to see your webcomic, I don't mind if its adult. Also, I would love to work with you! :3 but I'm looking for something to go with my new characters. Can you do an action story? I could show you one of the characters.

I can do an action story heart I can write pretty much whatever, I work as a freelancer, so I've learned to be pretty versatile.

Here's a link to my webcomic: Blood on the Barfloor

That will take you to the homepage, which has a comic introduction I wrote (you have to click the next arrow to get to the next page, some people miss that I guess. I didn't do web design, just wrote it.)

The the actual comic can be found on the Comic Archive page.

Friendly Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
Its really good! I like it a lot ^-^

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Kasumi_Pandahs
Its really good! I like it a lot ^-^

Thanks. It's something I wrote awhile ago, but our artist only has enough time to do one page a week, so it's been pretty slow.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Hm, a couple things I thought about when browsing this thread:

arrow 1) To improve art, you need a lot of practice. This may be contrary to what some have said, but doing a comic is excellent practice for art. And writing, actually. You should try and give it a shot on your own if you have characters to work off of already.

arrow 2) From experience, I can tell you that a Bamboo tablet (though I can't see why other Wacom tablets aren't the same) comes with Photoshop. It's a "bare bones" version without all the bells and whistles, but it works very well if you're just starting out.

Friendly Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
Xiam

arrow 1) To improve art, you need a lot of practice. This may be contrary to what some have said, but doing a comic is excellent practice for art. And writing, actually. You should try and give it a shot on your own if you have characters to work off of already.

arrow 2) From experience, I can tell you that a Bamboo tablet (though I can't see why other Wacom tablets aren't the same) comes with Photoshop. It's a "bare bones" version without all the bells and whistles, but it works very well if you're just starting out.

Well I have written and drew out a comic already but do to my stepdad it was destroyed. I have the story still and I'm working on it again but thats all I think about. I need different ideas different stories. Different genres. I need to spread my thoughts to other things. And for that I need help. As for the bamboo, now that I'm not with my stepdad anymore I. Can finally get one but I didn't know that it came with Photoshop. Thanks for the info ^-^

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Kasumi_Pandahs
Xiam

Well I have written and drew out a comic already but do to my stepdad it was destroyed. I have the story still and I'm working on it again but thats all I think about. I need different ideas different stories. Different genres. I need to spread my thoughts to other things. And for that I need help. As for the bamboo, now that I'm not with my stepdad anymore I. Can finally get one but I didn't know that it came with Photoshop. Thanks for the info ^-^

No problem. emotion_c8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces