Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What do you think? Someone told me my art gives something of a creepy vibe?

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Well, I can tell what I am looking at, which I suppose is good enough. But your samples don't really supply any backgrounds, which are kinda important.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Doing standalone art and doing comics are really two different things.

I can't tell whether you're ready because none of your characters are in an environment, interacting with each other, and I really only see one expression that isn't the thousand yard stare.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
As everyone's saying, comics don't consist of just bust shots/full body shots of characters. Can you draw any pose? How about backgrounds? Can you draw characters interacting with backgrounds? Can you draw a full range of unique emotions for each of your characters? And can you do all this from any angle?

I don't mean to scare you, but comics are perhaps one of the toughest storytelling mediums out there. However, even if you're still struggling drawing these things, I still recommend to jump into comics anyway because you'll learn a lot more just doing it. Good luck!
you wont know until you give it a shot : ) i would start out making short strips with your charas interacting, showing (like these other fabb comic-creators just stated) diffrent facial expression, poses/angles in various environment, charas interacting with them backgrounds, dead objects etc. good luck to you!

Romantic Raider

5,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I second Kupocake's answer. You'll need to draw background, interaction, a variety of poses and angles, effects, and you must be able to create a story, characters, and dialouge that are interesting at least.

But do it anyway. Practice is how you improve, if you never practice drawing comics specifically then you'll never improve in that area.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff