Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Pumpkin

11,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I just started my own webcomic, and I'm always looking for ways to improve it, so I'm looking for a guild that has a large, active community. If you're part of one, or you know of some good ones, I'm all ears!

Anxious Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
I don't really dabble in guilds much, I'm not a very social person...

Have you tried a search for any already?

Unbeatable Pumpkin

11,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Yeah, but a lot of them are either small/inactive or just manga-appreciation guilds - which is fine! But not really what I'm looking for smile

Tiny Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
why don't you start one?
I feel like those kinds of things never work out. Most people kind of grow out of drawing comics over time.

I think the best thing you can do is table at conventions and meet people who also work the tables and just kinda befriend other artists. It's not exactly an organized guild but its close enough and it gives me a whole network of artists to talk to.

Most people who I see and hang out with conventions with all went to the same schools since there are only two comic centric schools in the United States. That makes it a little easier.

Anxious Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
panty sniff v2
Most people kind of grow out of drawing comics over time.

I think after, like... what is it, 5, 6 years? I'm nearly to the point of that too.

Not that I want to be. I'm still writing a lot, but the drawing part is becoming less and less fun, as all the pictures in my head never quite fit the pictures I draw. No matter how much I learn and practice, it never feels like it's enough, and most of the time I just draw to get it over with so I can move on to the next page.

Sorry, not sure why I'm making this about me. Guilds! Right! Lack of options, eh OP? Hm.
Xiam
panty sniff v2
Most people kind of grow out of drawing comics over time.

I think after, like... what is it, 5, 6 years? I'm nearly to the point of that too.

Not that I want to be. I'm still writing a lot, but the drawing part is becoming less and less fun, as all the pictures in my head never quite fit the pictures I draw. No matter how much I learn and practice, it never feels like it's enough, and most of the time I just draw to get it over with so I can move on to the next page.

Sorry, not sure why I'm making this about me. Guilds! Right! Lack of options, eh OP? Hm.

I'm no good at writing but I keep writing anyway!

I've been drawing comics since before i knew what comics were but I've been making them professionally for a little over two years I think. That's just my natural way of story telling. I hope I don't start to lose interest ever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff