Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm one of the people who wants to make a comic ^_^ I have my own art style, a storyline, and a tablet....But I don't really know how to begin working on it ^^; I need to practice on backgrounds and anatomy...Also, I'm still practicing on digital art :O Does anyone have any tips on that btw?

Umm...I suppose I should just link to an example of my style:

http://barbedxskullxcap.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3jon6a (This is more of a rough sketch than anything ^_^)
Well, right now I'm working on a practice comic to improve my comic/art skills, though it's rather young and not all that interesting (And probably not the most... enjoyable genre). I do everything traditionally with a set of regular ink pens and what not, which takes HOURS, but I love taking my time when drawing so that's not a bad thing I guess. C:
Unfortunately, I'm sorry, I don't have anything useful I can type out. I'm just a newbie myself. <_<
All though im not good at drawing crying i'm planning on writing my own manga comic, its called "Undead Rising", basically the storyline goes; The date is 12/21/2012, Alien Spacecrafts fall from the Sky. Extraterrestrials have visited Earth, many people rejoice, but many extreme Catholics deny the Existence of Aliens and asume its a Government Conspiracy and continue to deny their Existence. after a year or two, The aliens from outer space send all the Governments on the planet a message. The message states that the Extraterrestrials will be Leaving, and they are taking with them Humans that have some use to them, Leaving behind Millions. then the Aliens create a Disease and release it onto Earth. A Man named "Garret Harrison" is the first person to discover the virus and names it "Harrison's Disease". The Virus quickly expands wiping the continent/countries of Africa, Mexico, The Middle East, and other Third World Countries. the remaining humans try to create a cure but they made the Virus even more powerful, now instead of the disease killing people, it now targets the Brain of a the host's body, turning the host into a Zombie-like State. The Illness quickly spreads and it's effects force the victims to attack, kill, and eat, other living creatures. by the time of 05/13/2014, the Human population is 509,452. Years go by and by 2015, their are less than 100,000 humans alive. Then the Story goes to our Story's main Characters, Francis Peterson [A Gas Station Employee], Katie Harrison (The Daughter of Garret Harrison) [A Elementary School Teacher], and Eric Lindahl [A Jobless downtown Criminal]. Francis is a Blonde Haired jackass, Katie is Brown Haired Elementary School teacher Hottie, and Eric is a brown haired downtown Criminal steals from stores and gas stations. Francis is from Syracuse New York, Katie is from Omaha Nebraska, and Eric is from Philadelphia Pennsylvania. All the Main Characters eventually meet up looking for Food and Weapons at a Truck Stop in Iowa, then the Rest of the comic is Them killing Zombies, the Humans defeat the Zombies and Katie and Eric kiss and they all live Happily Ever After.
008ken_ichijouji
Midnight_Tarot
I'm currently trying to make one but it isn't easy...
since i do it alone story art and such i need to think of very carefully

Same here! I wish I had an assistant. HAHAHA!

Haha me too!
You could ask a good friend who is interested to help you if he/she wants ^^ it would be a boost~
I'm currently working on two0three different comic projects. One of them was an entry to a comic contest on DA and depending on the contest results and feedback from the readers I don't know if I will turn it into a full story or not. That story is here on my smackjeeves:
Love! Love! Fighting!
My other two projects can be found on my DA
My Deviantart

5,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
LOVE COMICS

Sweet Singing

Nie, chodzi o to, że musi coś przecież istnieć..."

I have started drawing my comic, and planning to put it on a website in 2-3 weeks C: I have whole stortyline created, 3 first chapters sketched, but only 10 pages ready 8D''
If you want to see how it will look like, here are some pages : [x][x][x]

... Jakaś granica, za którą nie wolno przejść,
za którą przestaje się być sobą. "

2,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I used to do everything traditionally other than coloring and toning. However this past month I was introduced to Sai and Manga Studio and I don't think I'll be going back to the old way of inking. But, I still prefer to do the penciling and thumbnailling traditionally (I just can't seem to convert to new things completely).

Right now my strategy is to work my way up to some sort of magnum opus, rather than take it on immediately. Partly because I'm out of practice, and partly because I still need to make money at my real job. I started a comic strip, knowing I could manage something simple on a weekly basis. And then while that's cooking, I'm going to do a few short stories.
BarbedXSkullXCap
I'm one of the people who wants to make a comic ^_^ I have my own art style, a storyline, and a tablet....But I don't really know how to begin working on it ^^; I need to practice on backgrounds and anatomy...Also, I'm still practicing on digital art :O Does anyone have any tips on that btw?

Umm...I suppose I should just link to an example of my style:

http://barbedxskullxcap.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3jon6a (This is more of a rough sketch than anything ^_^)

HAHA. I'm one who wants to as well. It's tough!

Definitely begin sketching out characters, unless you find that overwhelming. Perhaps a rough outline? Either way, both are practice and must be done! I wouldn't worry about backgrounds so much in the beginning (I still need help on those ever after years of trying haha). And really, if you look around, most cartoons/comics aren't close to anatomically correct, so don't let that completely hamper your progress. Create something you're happy with, not something that looks completely real as if a camera took the picture. ^^

That's my 2 cents anyway. Haha.

As for digital, I think it depends on the person. For me, I find it cumbersome (computer hurts my eyes after 30 minutes' time). For others, they love it! You gotta figure that out for yourself. I prefer drawing/inking traditionally, and doing tones digitally. I like coloring both traditionally and digitally. Any specific tips you want?

You definitely have a style going. I didn't look at the rest of your gallery yet, but definitely keep drawing!
Some Anarchy
Well, right now I'm working on a practice comic to improve my comic/art skills, though it's rather young and not all that interesting (And probably not the most... enjoyable genre). I do everything traditionally with a set of regular ink pens and what not, which takes HOURS, but I love taking my time when drawing so that's not a bad thing I guess. C:
Unfortunately, I'm sorry, I don't have anything useful I can type out. I'm just a newbie myself. <_<

I hear ya with the "Taking your time" bit. I do that myself (take forever just to sketch haha). It's cool that you do everything traditionally; I'm always afraid it's moving totally to digital, and it's nice to see some doing things completely traditional. :]

Do you have any examples of your stuff?
zFlamingPotato
All though im not good at drawing crying i'm planning on writing my own manga comic, its called "Undead Rising", basically the storyline goes; The date is 12/21/2012, Alien Spacecrafts fall from the Sky. Extraterrestrials have visited Earth, many people rejoice, but many extreme Catholics deny the Existence of Aliens and asume its a Government Conspiracy and continue to deny their Existence.....

You definitely got something going there! Sounds like a mix of Dead Space/Left 4 Dead stuff... hahaha!

Do you have any sketches? I'm already planning what they all look like in my head. :]
Midnight_Tarot
008ken_ichijouji
Midnight_Tarot
I'm currently trying to make one but it isn't easy...
since i do it alone story art and such i need to think of very carefully

Same here! I wish I had an assistant. HAHAHA!

Haha me too!
You could ask a good friend who is interested to help you if he/she wants ^^ it would be a boost~

Very true! I'm not so sure my friends are interested in my stuff though....mostly into their own things! haha
S-Morishita
I'm currently working on two0three different comic projects. One of them was an entry to a comic contest on DA and depending on the contest results and feedback from the readers I don't know if I will turn it into a full story or not. That story is here on my smackjeeves:
Love! Love! Fighting!
My other two projects can be found on my DA
My Deviantart

Your contest entry is very inspiring. You're very talented not just in making comics, but telling a wonderful story! A very refreshing break from the ridiculously scrawny characters out there. I loved Oriana!!!

Thank you for sharing. I'll check out your DA account later as well.
Lady Ignea
Nie, chodzi o to, że musi coś przecież istnieć..."

I have started drawing my comic, and planning to put it on a website in 2-3 weeks C: I have whole stortyline created, 3 first chapters sketched, but only 10 pages ready 8D''
If you want to see how it will look like, here are some pages : [x][x][x]

... Jakaś granica, za którą nie wolno przejść,
za którą przestaje się być sobą. "

Nice style! I wanted to read the dialogue bubbles!!!!! Hahaha. Post the link when you put your comic up, okay?
Remi Favonius
I used to do everything traditionally other than coloring and toning. However this past month I was introduced to Sai and Manga Studio and I don't think I'll be going back to the old way of inking. But, I still prefer to do the penciling and thumbnailling traditionally (I just can't seem to convert to new things completely).

Right now my strategy is to work my way up to some sort of magnum opus, rather than take it on immediately. Partly because I'm out of practice, and partly because I still need to make money at my real job. I started a comic strip, knowing I could manage something simple on a weekly basis. And then while that's cooking, I'm going to do a few short stories.

Oh brave soul. I couldn't manage ALL digital. HAHAHA.

Manga Studio is nice, yes. I have Sai on my computer but haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to find a program that let's me sketch digitally in a flow that fits my drawing style. It looks too choppy when I sketch digitally, so I stick to traditional.

Good plan. Money is my focus as well, so my output is minimal at this point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff