Welcome to Gaia! ::

x Second Setback x
Got the idea after a sick obbession with Disney's Tangled and Glen Keane's art.

Here's the introduction page.

It will be mostly strips and less of a solid storyline.

Anyways, any suggestions? I've been planning on getting a tablet to work with but so far I just ink my work by hand and then paint it on photoshop.

Thanks for checking it out anyways :]

HAHAHA! Nice work! I love your faces, and the middle panels of her trying to get out. XD

The ONLY thing I noticed, was....you misspelled "interview" wrong, and maybe the middle panel of the Princess, her left shoulder seems off somehow. I'm not quite sure how, but.... Either way, it's lovely. I like how you've colored it, but it's not overbearing. Great!

You paint on PS without a tablet?!?!!!?!? You're good. XDDDD

Romantic Bard

18,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
008ken_ichijouji
Ringo-Ichigo
Im actually working on a long doujinshi, a one shot doujinshi, a collaboration oneshot, my original comic, and still another oneshot all at once. I try to work on each one a little bit every week.)

I personally try to update the long doujinshi and my original on a weekly basis. I sketch and ink on paper, then scan it in to tone digitally. I draw my speech bubbles by hand on paper, but I letter digitally as well. I tried doing digital inking, but I dont like the look of it as much so I switched over to traditional. Except for color. Color, I prefer digital inking.)

I also storyboard on paper.

And smackjeeves is pretty nice. Theres some customization available and makes it easier to find your comic.

Awesome! Yeah, I do that too sketch/ink traditionally, digitally tone). Some dialogue bubbles I do by hand, spiky ones I do digitally.

Got any examples to show off?

Yeah. My signature has a link to my smackjeeves comic. And my profile has links in it too.

Indulgent Reveler

008ken_ichijouji

HAHAHA! Nice work! I love your faces, and the middle panels of her trying to get out. XD

The ONLY thing I noticed, was....you misspelled "interview" wrong, and maybe the middle panel of the Princess, her left shoulder seems off somehow. I'm not quite sure how, but.... Either way, it's lovely. I like how you've colored it, but it's not overbearing. Great!

Ahah, really? Darn it. Spelling must be my kryptonite.

But glad you like it :] And thanks... how long would you say it takes to get used to a tablet? The lines are always better on it but if it's gonna take a full year, I may just not buy one.
x Second Setback x
008ken_ichijouji

Ahah, really? Darn it. Spelling must be my kryptonite.

But glad you like it :] And thanks... how long would you say it takes to get used to a tablet? The lines are always better on it but if it's gonna take a full year, I may just not buy one.

Unless I TOTALLY did not see it right... Yes, "interview". You put "interveiw". Now I'm looking at it so much, they both might as well be correct! XDDDDD

Oh boy, I'm definitely not the typical person, but it took me, hmmmmm.... I'm still not used to it. XDDD If you practice often, it should be rather quick. I don't use it often because I'm busy, but I mostly only like it for toning. I do all my line work traditionally. But that's just me. Some people are really comfortable with inking digitally, others aren't. You may find you are great at it, or you may just like it for coloring.

I have eye trouble so using a computer for too long hurts my eyes; that has contributed to me not using a tablet often. :[
Ringo-Ichigo
008ken_ichijouji
Ringo-Ichigo
Im actually working on a long doujinshi, a one shot doujinshi, a collaboration oneshot, my original comic, and still another oneshot all at once. I try to work on each one a little bit every week.)

I personally try to update the long doujinshi and my original on a weekly basis. I sketch and ink on paper, then scan it in to tone digitally. I draw my speech bubbles by hand on paper, but I letter digitally as well. I tried doing digital inking, but I dont like the look of it as much so I switched over to traditional. Except for color. Color, I prefer digital inking.)

I also storyboard on paper.

And smackjeeves is pretty nice. Theres some customization available and makes it easier to find your comic.

Awesome! Yeah, I do that too sketch/ink traditionally, digitally tone). Some dialogue bubbles I do by hand, spiky ones I do digitally.

Got any examples to show off?

Yeah. My signature has a link to my smackjeeves comic. And my profile has links in it too.

Oh nice! I like the effects you use. It's really natural, manga-wise. 8]
I had planned to get started drawing this week, but I'm back to reworking the script. I asked for, and received, some pretty brutal critique. (You know that kind that doesn't bother sparing the writer's feelings, and just rips the work up? The kind that you know you need to hear, and you know it going to improve your writing in the end, but at the same time makes you thicken your skin? Yea. That kind. Ow.) It kind of confirmed what I was already thinking about my first chapter, namely that I need to rework what had been some blatant info dumps. So, a little extra time in return for, what I hope will be, a better story in the end.
LostPriestess
I had planned to get started drawing this week, but I'm back to reworking the script. I asked for, and received, some pretty brutal critique. (You know that kind that doesn't bother sparing the writer's feelings, and just rips the work up? The kind that you know you need to hear, and you know it going to improve your writing in the end, but at the same time makes you thicken your skin? Yea. That kind. Ow.) It kind of confirmed what I was already thinking about my first chapter, namely that I need to rework what had been some blatant info dumps. So, a little extra time in return for, what I hope will be, a better story in the end.

Oh man!!! That harsh, huh? If it's constructive, it's good. If it's just cruddy though, those kind of people make me angry because I start thinking "....who the heck are you to tell me this kinda stuff?!"

But I have thick skin already so I just get mad. XD I'm glad it helped you though, whatever critique you got!
Greyfriar
AirN0va
Well. I've been working on some cruddy "life" comic for practice, it's not that great, it's fairly young and I haven't been able to work on it as often as I would like thanks to some unfortunate events but here you go (A little warning, this type of comic isn't really for everyone, sorry. <_< ). Link.

I love the attention to detail in your comic!

Oh. Why thank you! C: heart

Sorry (Late-ish reply), I don't get on much.
I make my own mangas and comics.

I made one about a girl named Koruah who is in a Tribe and her tribe does Alchemy and are a group of bad people and then when her tribe goes mad she doesn't want to be apart of it and runs off and steals a ship with a girl she met named Lino and they find people to be apart of there crew as they go along and so on, i'm working on my third volume, I hope for it to be published some day.

Merry Traveler

I am one of the type that wish I make a comic,but still lack dedication to draw pages of those.
I think I will settle for one pages one picture type of comic, I haven't make any yet,due to still need training in human pose.
008ken_ichijouji

Oh man!!! That harsh, huh? If it's constructive, it's good. If it's just cruddy though, those kind of people make me angry because I start thinking "....who the heck are you to tell me this kinda stuff?!"

But I have thick skin already so I just get mad. XD I'm glad it helped you though, whatever critique you got!

It was telling me what I already knew, namely that my intro was boring.It was harsh, but it was the good kind of critique- The kind that you know you need to hear even though you don't want to. It was harsh (painfully so) but it's the kind of thing that I know is going to make me a better writer in the end.
Twinkleicious

I made one about a girl named Koruah who is in a Tribe and her tribe does Alchemy and are a group of bad people and then when her tribe goes mad she doesn't want to be apart of it and runs off and steals a ship with a girl she met named Lino and they find people to be apart of there crew as they go along and so on, i'm working on my third volume, I hope for it to be published some day.

Cool! Have any examples to show us?
008ken_ichijouji
Twinkleicious

Cool! Have any examples to show us?

Thanks and well, right now I'm just writing, but I'll sketch people later, plus I need to find a way to put it on the internet XP

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Oh dude, oh dude. I'm writing a yaoi (well, it's got gay stuffs but really it's a different view of redemption of an angel-for me anyway) and I've almost got one of the pages done (note, that this page is halfway through the story).

Basically, Amitiel gets kicked out of heaven because he's too prideful, and when he lands on earth he's very vulnerable (a kick to his prideful nature) and he reaches out to someone. The person he reaches out to is a member of a gang, they beat the s**t out of him and he winds up unconscious (but they don't do enough damage to his sweatshirt.....that is important). Seth finds him and takes him home (and since his parents don't give a s**t about him, that totally explains why they don't bat an eyelash at a passed out guy staying over for a while), cleans up wounds etc. And that's just the beginning.
I don't have much of an art style, considering I'm still a beginner, and I'm doing everything traditionally considering the fact that I have no knowledge or the software necessary to compile everything digitally. This depresses me, but I have been getting so much better in the past couple months so I'm keeping on and trying my hardest.

So basically, I have to do a version where I test and try out everything, flail and cry at my shitty art and finally come up with something good and then I'm planning (for when I get a new sketchbook) to trace all of my completed pages so they won't be filled with lead and gross and wrinkly and ew. D: This is going to take me forever.
As far as comics that I'm involved in, I currently have three comics running on my deviantART page - an original comic, an original strip, and a fan-manga - all of which update weekly and can be found here.

As for technique and style, I do all of my work digitally. I would like to look into traditional sketching/digital inking, but I don't yet have a scanner. I like to think that my style is mostly manga/anime-influenced, but has some elements of American-style comics in them, though I can't say much on the matter for certain.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff