Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Gaian

Hellos there. :>
I am wondering if there are any comic or manga circles/clubs that I can join here. I'm hoping to gain some experience by seeing how it's like to work in a comic production team.

However, due to my hectic schedule, I may only be able to dedicate a few hours per week and may even need to go into hiatus occasionally.

I think I can help to draw, colour or edit.

Most of my drawings are traditional. I do not have a tablet. I could assist with drawing the comic (ie. toning, colouring etc).

As for editing, I think that although my command of English may not be perfect, it is probably decent enough.

I'm more interested in editing rather than drawing the comic itself (since I tend to take too long drawing), however, I don't mind helping with character designs etc.

I'm sorry if my attitude towards this seems very half-hearted. If at any point of time you feel that I'm not contributing enough, feel free to kick me out.

If you would like me to join your circle, please comment below. biggrin

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I am drooling over your art. I'm not part of a circle however I would love for you to be the artist of my stories. Here is a link to my request.

Newbie Gaian

Snowblazer
I am drooling over your art. I'm not part of a circle however I would love for you to be the artist of my stories. Here is a link to my request.

I am extremely honoured by your request, however I will have to decline. ):
I apologise for being unclear, but I don't think I'll be able to handle drawing the comic entirely on my own, or at least not in the long run due to schedule issues. I was hoping to be an assistant artist instead. Furthermore, I'm actually still a minor at the moment. x:
Thank you very much for your offer though. I appreciate it. :>
wow! cute art!! would you be ok with working with me? my art is more cartoon-y but maybe it would work somehow?

http://celanderine.tumblr.com/

here's my tumblr- my old deviantart is- http://yanano.deviantart.com (I went through a huuuuge style change)

would you be interested in forming a circle?
Well, hello. First and foremost, I must gush over your art. It's really fantastic, and the colors? Fantastic! Especially impressive considering it's traditional or without a tablet.

I've worked on a comic before, and I'm about to work on another, though this one is less story-based, more personal, kind of artsy, and journal-ish, with more freestyle pages. I have to warn you, my style's a bit cartoony, and not quite as asdfghjkl awesome as yours. I posted all the uploaded samples, which are sadly just cell phone pictures of character concept doodles, in this thread - I still don't have a name for it, as you can see.

If you're still interested, I'd love to have you work with me. I usually do it solo, with my friend and "manager" to bounce ideas off of, so it's not a huge team, but I'll show you everything that I do that you're interested in, including what I did for my old, admittedly not super-successful comic. If you're interested in more than just editing and proofreading, I'd love to have your assistance in storyboarding, character concepts and building, and coloring/shading. And, of course, you'll "get" to be my guinea pig audience.

So, to sum it up, I may not be the most professional comic creator, but I'll show you what I have learned and help you however I can. c:
Kadacho

Okay, hello, your new style is amazing. I'm pretty much in love with it, haha!

Newbie Gaian

Kadacho

Ah hello, I saw your thread earlier and was about to ask about the same thing, but you got me first! Sure, I'll be happy to join! :>

egregiouslyEloquent

Thank you very much! :> I really appreciate your offer, but Kadacho invited me first, so yeah. Really sorry about that. ><;;

I wish you all the best with your comic though! (:
Pic-sque

It's alright, I'm just pleased you found someone. c:
I wish you both the best of luck!

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Well....it was worth a try...lol good luck.

If ya know anyone that draws as good as you and is looking for a partner and is over 18 please please please refer them to my topic. I will love you forever and ever!!!! (not in the creepy stalker way...like a fanatic fan way lol)

Newbie Gaian

Snowblazer

Sure sure I will, haha! :>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out