Welcome to Gaia! ::

Static Sludge
so...correct me if im wrong, dojinshi is fan aro art?

but if anyone has found the answer to that question of how you track down comic circles or even art communities especially in your local area, plz let me know!!

im not sure how to even go about looking into art groups in my area >< ive been to a few panels and one of the artists mentioned that was how he got his break in comics and how he learned the most from

; ^; ill continue looking myself as well!

Outside of Japan, the term doujinshi usually refers to fan-comics/manga (original story based on canon character/series). However, in Japan, the term doujinshi just means Amateur Comics. This can include fan-comics as well as original work. A doujin is an amateur creator. And a circle is a group of doujin that collaborate. That's actually how CLAMP started! ^^

On a side note, a Circle usually just starts out with a group of friends that want to make comics. I tried to start one myself in 2012 using people from my school's anime club, but I was the only one taking it seriously. ^^;
That said, I'd love to work on starting one up~! heart

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Aseliina
Static Sludge

but if anyone has found the answer to that question of how you track down comic circles or even art communities especially in your local area, plz let me know!!

im not sure how to even go about looking into art groups in my area >< ive been to a few panels and one of the artists mentioned that was how he got his break in comics and how he learned the most from

Outside of Japan, the term doujinshi usually refers to fan-comics/manga (original story based on canon character/series). However, in Japan, the term doujinshi just means Amateur Comics. This can include fan-comics as well as original work. A doujin is an amateur creator. And a circle is a group of doujin that collaborate. That's actually how CLAMP started! ^^

On a side note, a Circle usually just starts out with a group of friends that want to make comics. I tried to start one myself in 2012 using people from my school's anime club, but I was the only one taking it seriously. ^^;

ah thank you for clearing that up! people have told me far more...graphic meanings for that, I suppose they are confused xD

I fear that would happen for me as well , me beign the only one taking it seriously. hopefully ill meet some people in my art classes who knows. the guy I was going to start one up with kind of seemed to bail on me, I know hes busy, but apparently hes been talking to people he knows about the idea and not including me .-. so im kind of not feeling that, y'know being left out an all.

ill try hard! I already have another option lined up thanks to the connections of another friend ^^ good luck!
Static Sludge
Aseliina
Static Sludge

ah thank you for clearing that up! people have told me far more...graphic meanings for that, I suppose they are confused xD

I fear that would happen for me as well , me beign the only one taking it seriously. hopefully ill meet some people in my art classes who knows. the guy I was going to start one up with kind of seemed to bail on me, I know hes busy, but apparently hes been talking to people he knows about the idea and not including me .-. so im kind of not feeling that, y'know being left out an all.

ill try hard! I already have another option lined up thanks to the connections of another friend ^^ good luck!

Come September, I'm going to be started University as a Sequential Arts major, so I should be able to find plenty of people there. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff