Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Survivor

4,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
Are there any comic circles or groups out there? I know its common in japan to have Dōjinshi groups that make fan comics (at least to my knowlege) , but a circle is a group that works on the same project together , but with a script ..not like a online webcomic collab which is sort of a make it up as you go. Ive always been intrested in joining an english PG- PG13 dojinshi type group or project of somesort , but im not even sure they exist anymore. Are there any english ones ?
I tried once to create one, but there wasn't too much interest. Being a part of a comic circle I would think would be a great way to improve one's comic making talents.

Tipsy Phantom

6,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I think that once you start tabeling at different conventions frequently and consistently, you find a group of creators you can share ideas with. I've never been able to get a group together before that. After conventions a lot of cartoonists will have dinner or hang out to unwind and then comics stuff gets passed along. It might be different for other comics communities though.

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
maybe if we had one we could help each other out as well. I am getting my first comic off the ground at the moment and am looking for an inker for my first 24 pages. pm me if your interested!!!

I am part of an organization called art cards and they exchange cards with each other of there art!!! it is a great way to share your skills with others!!!
ninja rofl
Hey guys iÂŽm new here on Gaia online, because i searched for the same question, i am currently writing diverse stories on Fanfiction.net, if anyone is interested to create a Doujinshi circle with me, please make sure to read my stories, under The Storryteller and his books (author) on Fanfiction.net mrgreen
I really want to make one but don't know how orz

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Sentaidash

Your art is amazing. eek

Ruthless Pumpkin

13,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
If you get one off the ground, PM me! I'm totally interested. biggrin
Knightfurie
Sentaidash

Your art is amazing. eek

thanks ;w;
Hmm, I realllly need to start networking more with other comic creators....
There are on average 12 doujinshi circles in the Dutch manga scene, most of whom publish in English. You'll find several linked here. You'll also find a few UK-based circles there, among which Sweatdrop Studios is the most prominent, but a bit more focused on individual work. The people on their forum may be able to answer your question well.

Lavish Strawberry

I'm thumbnailing for a doujin and I'd loooove to meet other circles *o*

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Shadowolf

do you draw comics? i always see you in the C&C , if you have an art page id definently check it out. ^^

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
so...correct me if im wrong, dojinshi is fan aro art?

but if anyone has found the answer to that question of how you track down comic circles or even art communities especially in your local area, plz let me know!!

im not sure how to even go about looking into art groups in my area >< ive been to a few panels and one of the artists mentioned that was how he got his break in comics and how he learned the most from

; ^; ill continue looking myself as well!
Static Sludge
Shadowolf

do you draw comics? i always see you in the C&C , if you have an art page id definently check it out. ^^

I have a Tumblr that needs updating (in sig).
I'm still a long way from completing my first graphic novel, I've about 18 pages fully completed (out of 30-ish for the first chapter). It's a collaboration with a friend (writer), about an alien and cow. Gimme a PM, and I'd be happy to show ya those pages ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff