Welcome to Gaia! ::

I really want to put together a comic, or at least a series of tied-together short stories. As arrogant as this sounds, I want it to be based off of events in my life. I've been through a lot and done a lot and would REALLY like to get it down before I forget more details than I already have.

I don't really know where to start, so I'm looking for someone to prompt me and ask me when something isn't clear, and if you want to actually write or edit so that it sounds better, I'm thrilled.
Most names will be changed because I've discovered that the world is NOT a very big place and it won't be hard to guess who I am and my involvement in certain things if even the name of my town is published.

If you're a comic artist and would actually like to make this a web comic or something, I would be ecstatic.

My life is like a cross between a Soap Opera and an After School Special and if I can't laugh, my only choice is to find it horrifying.
It includes:
complicated love constellations (I'm not sure I've ever been involved in a straight-up triangle...)
world-renowned think tanks
researchers trying to figure out how I think
growing up dirt poor
drugs, guns and sex
famous people picking me up off the side of the road (XD It's a pun that no one will get!)
bandaging wounds with leaves, cobwebs and dried blood
untended head injuries
family services
failed political campaigns
Nobel laureates
millionaires
backstabbing and the ruin of (one of) my careers
crazy people
stuff I'm not supposed to know about
super paranoid people who I find out later actually Aren't crazy
stalkers
FBI Watch Lists
drama drama drama
and so much more.

Let me know if you're interested. (I really hope someone is... sweatdrop )
And hey, at least I know I'm arrogant in thinking that my life is interesting.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Do you already have great skill in writing, if not drawing? There's nothing wrong with thinking your own life is interesting, just know that it might not be as compelling to the people that are expected to take responsibility for making art out of it. Most artists get too exhausted to write and draw about our own lives!

That said, good luck. It sounds like this would be a long-term and very personal project for you. You may not find anybody you trust with your story on Gaia who would be willing to do it for free.

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
If you are looking for an artist then you should be offering some kind of payment. If you are expecting it for free then that is the really arrogant part.
Sera Michaelis
Do you already have great skill in writing, if not drawing? There's nothing wrong with thinking your own life is interesting, just know that it might not be as compelling to the people that are expected to take responsibility for making art out of it. Most artists get too exhausted to write and draw about our own lives!

That said, good luck. It sounds like this would be a long-term and very personal project for you. You may not find anybody you trust with your story on Gaia who would be willing to do it for free.

I have great confidence in my writing ability. I just get swamped and need someone to keep me grounded while I sort through the mess of crazy random crap.
Catanaition N. D.
If you are looking for an artist then you should be offering some kind of payment. If you are expecting it for free then that is the really arrogant part.

Make me an offer. smile

Winner

A storyline on par with the predictability of the most typical shounen, the abuse of obvious dramatizing plot devices that are in competition with yaoi manga coupled with the quotidian style of the most yawnsome slice-of-life: We bring you a hit comedy that involves a downtrodden lost soul wandering the streets for their next high who is mistaken for a prostitute by Charles Shean. Bearing some semblance to "Pretty Woman", this captivating novel idea will immerse you into it's story as it progresses onward- the formerly homeless prostitute now running from each career due to snorting mile-long lines of cocaine and seeking refuge in the arms of their true love.

Wait until the next issue, but we could only afford to print ten and we need funds to buy new staples!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff