Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Humorist

User Image

gonk too big

this was an experimental thing...i wanted to see if i can make a lil comic with four panels..

destroy me with critiques, yes i know i messed up on his hand in panel one and two...

Invisible Humorist

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
It's cute~

Invisible Humorist

Hybernation
It's cute~

thanks
you don't have anything to say? any errors?

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
It's cute~

thanks
WEll, I think you could try to work on some shading...

Invisible Humorist

Hybernation
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
It's cute~

thanks

yea i thought of that but i wanted to keep it simple...since the style was simple

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
It's cute~

thanks

yea i thought of that but i wanted to keep it simple...since the style was simple
well it is...well, I really like this comic. It's better than mine!

Invisible Humorist

Hybernation
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
It's cute~

thanks

thanks biggrin

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
GhostlyMark
Hybernation
It's cute~

thanks

thanks biggrin
It's good~

Shadowy Phantom

There are problems, but I don't know what's appropriate to point out because you haven't stated what you're actually trying to achieve. What are your goals with this comic page? Is it page 1 of a longer story, or a stand-alone strip? Is it meant to be serious, or lighthearted? Are you parodying chibis here, or does the character actually go through a metamorphosis between panels 1 and 2?

Invisible Humorist

Kyousouka
There are problems, but I don't know what's appropriate to point out because you haven't stated what you're actually trying to achieve. What are your goals with this comic page? Is it page 1 of a longer story, or a stand-alone strip? Is it meant to be serious, or lighthearted? Are you parodying chibis here, or does the character actually go through a metamorphosis between panels 1 and 2?

I'm really not trying to achieve anything. It's like..a sample page. This would be the format I would use if I were to start a series..

Shadowy Phantom

GhostlyMark
Kyousouka

I'm really not trying to achieve anything. It's like..a sample page. This would be the format I would use if I were to start a series..

Good answer, but now I've got another question: Is this the format you'd use for a comic, regardless of what the comic is actually about? If so, you may want to rethink it. While this simple kind of layout might work for strips or something light-hearted, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you went with something this basic for a more serious, story-based comic.

If you just want some practice/sample pages to do, I highly recommend coming up with a short story (3-15 pages is a nice goal) and drawing that as a comic. That way, you'll have the opportunity to draw various kinds of situations that may require different panelling, different shots, etc.

Invisible Humorist

Kyousouka
GhostlyMark
Kyousouka

Good answer, but now I've got another question: Is this the format you'd use for a comic, regardless of what the comic is actually about? If so, you may want to rethink it. While this simple kind of layout might work for strips or something light-hearted, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you went with something this basic for a more serious, story-based comic.

If you just want some practice/sample pages to do, I highly recommend coming up with a short story (3-15 pages is a nice goal) and drawing that as a comic. That way, you'll have the opportunity to draw various kinds of situations that may require different panelling, different shots, etc.

Yea I knew doing a serious story with that format is kinda impossible. At the time when I was making it, I wanted to do like short comedic stories, about 2-4 pages. I just wanted to see if my style in making a lil comic was acceptable. Also the panels...since they aren't traditional.
Heh. That would be intersting. A character going '2d' to '3d'. Could be hella funny with censor bars too. >.>

Anxious Lunatic

I'd say add more of a transition between panels 2 and 3. Like, perhaps lines suggesting he's sat up. Gotta say, I do like the little leaf and how its swinging and then falls off in the last one ^^

Though, the tree does look awkwardly smushed. Larger boxes to incorporate more of the tree would help that.

But still, quite cute. I noticed that all of your panels look like they're individually drawn. What program did you use? Perhaps instead of drawing the same thing over four times, you could just draw it once and paste it for the two other panels you need. If what you're using lets you do that anyways, but most progams I know do, it's just a matter of figuring out the buttons ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff