Welcome to Gaia! ::

Helaine MS
EDIT: NINOTA, YOU LIKE KARE KANO? Didn't expect this from you XDDD

Shhhh what are you doing, it's my deepest darkest secret!!! xd

Aw yeah I love Karekano, both the manga and the anime. I even own the original Japanese DVDs. It's scary shoujo, but the story is good and I can sort of relate so I really like it. I actually always carry one issue in my backpack, I'm almost always reading it.

You'd be surprised if you knew just how much manga I've read and how much anime I've watched, actually. sweatdrop

User Image

Uwaa ~

@LeslieLark I'm not mocking the manga, I'm just mocking this one page. I mean come on just look at that thing.

It took me a while to understand that he was opening a car door. I thought it was a suitable example for overusing tones in shoujo manga because well, it is. I'm sure the story's great and everything but that's just excessive use of tones, it's a very confusing page.

I meant no offense though, sorry!
A bit off topic xD But whatever...if anyone has some time, take a look at the comic (in sig) and leave some comments with your critique.
ninota
[

It took me a while to understand that he was opening a car door. I thought it was a suitable example for overusing tones in shoujo manga because well, it is. I'm sure the story's great and everything but that's just excessive use of tones, it's a very confusing page.

O_O I thought he was holding an easel.
(Also, the girl's eyes are looking at something entirely different, way off to his right, but yeah)
iianbe
O_O I thought he was holding an easel.
(Also, the girl's eyes are looking at something entirely different, way off to his right, but yeah)

Haha yeah me too for the longest time! Also holy crap I know who you are. Your work is fantastic and I desperately want to read your comic.

Anyway sorry, OP, we did go a bit off-topic. I'll have a look at your comic -- are you looking for a critique? I'm not a comic book artist so I can't comment on a lot of stuff but I can crit the art if you want...
@ninota It's OK love, I was joking. xp

It's a pretty terrible page
LeslieLark
@ninota It's OK love, I was joking. xp

It's a pretty terrible page

Aaaah don't scare me like that! D:
I'm in the same boat.
I'm scared to tone anything because I always think I'm doing it wrong xD

If you want another anti-example, look up Arina Tanemura's work. She has a nice style but she rapes her pages with tones and sparkles everywhere @__@
Don't do that.

Usually you don't have to tone every panel. Toning is mostly used in exaggeration or a dramatic scene. Errrrr, or something like that User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff