Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Donator

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Marathon 300
cara_fairy
I think the ships could connect and break apart quite easily. I imagined them to be sort of gear shaped, so they could mesh if needed.

Also, I like the idea of having us use this setting and writing about it using different characters. Maybe that could be another collaborative. wink

In any case, *-* due to me being first---I have to create this world?

Well there would be ways for them to connect like air locks, and such. And we could have some of the ships can connect together and break apart. It's all up to our imagination.

Wealthy Donator

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Marathon 300
Regine Masilang
so, it's scifi eh? I'm not really good in Science especiaaly now 'cause our tr. in Science is so lame and boring..

It's not that hard to write Sci-Fi cause you can imagine all kinds of crap into the story and when you add Fantasy into it, then it becomes awesome!

Divine Shark's Queen

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
JasperSethK
cara_fairy
I think the ships could connect and break apart quite easily. I imagined them to be sort of gear shaped, so they could mesh if needed.

Also, I like the idea of having us use this setting and writing about it using different characters. Maybe that could be another collaborative. wink

Well there would be ways for them to connect like air locks, and such. And we could have some of the ships can connect together and break apart. It's all up to our imagination.

Exactly what I was thinking. Alright! I can't write today because my boyfriend's flying back to Holland. I'm gonna spend time with him, and tomorrow I'll get started.

Any closing remarks before I begin? Or are we still plot-brain-storming?

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
cara_fairy
JasperSethK
cara_fairy

Exactly what I was thinking. Alright! I can't write today because my boyfriend's flying back to Holland. I'm gonna spend time with him, and tomorrow I'll get started.

Any closing remarks before I begin? Or are we still plot-brain-storming?

Nope
you can start
just pm me your 500 words when you're done and I'll put it in a thread

Divine Shark's Queen

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
IMPORTANT! Please read!

Okay! So, just double checking the facts. The story will be:

> Sci-Fi - A mother ship in space with several other ships that connect to it via airlocks. There is also a transportation system of smaller ships in between these larger sectors.
>> Sectors may be separated by culture/race.
>> Certain ships will be bio domes responsible for agriculture and production, military, etc..

> This story is about people on a 40 year journey from Earth to <Planet Not-Yet-Named> which can be terraformed.
>> We need a way for the astronauts to remain young during this 40 year old trek. I was thinking that it's plausible for the governments of different nations to send 10-20 families from each major country up to space. They just live there, trained in some profession to maintain the ship and terraform the new planet.
>>> I had contemplated an elixir that preserves youth, but that could easily get out of hand--abuse, cancerous side effects, wars to stay young--and I wasn't sure if we wanted to go in that direction.
>>>> Maybe the story could open up in the middle of the 40 year journey--and they find a wormhole that warps them closer to it. Then we could have a "journey" story--and a "yay! new planet!" story.

> When we write, we write from the perspective of our own character on the ship. For example, I could be a skinny little 10 year girl, training to be a worker in the bio dome. You could be a military officer, 35, handsome--or the President! If we crossed paths in the story, you could ask me how my character would react and I'd respond to you. n.n It's really collaborative that way.

> 500 words min and max. We want equal parts. n.n

> About Ships: ((thank you, Jasper! ))
Big Huge Military Fighting Ship
Presidents Ship
Bio Dome Ship with several different domes for different environments and food is grown here
Fuel Ship - to make or recycle the fuel they use
Passenger ships - These would have peopl on them by religion and such maybe race.
Cargo ships - sorted by what they are carrying probably.

> Fantasy Elements? : If you can incorporate them, AWESOME! In fact, if you're uncomfortable with sci-fi--feel free to have your character in a medieval virtual-reality world, or whatever you wish.

Sky's the limit. ^ ^

Is this all correct? I'm open to hearing anything--and sorry if I overwhelmed you!

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
cara_fairy
IMPORTANT! Please read!

Okay! So, just double checking the facts. The story will be:

> Sci-Fi - A mother ship in space with several other ships that connect to it via airlocks. There is also a transportation system of smaller ships in between these larger sectors.
>> Sectors may be separated by culture/race.
>> Certain ships will be bio domes responsible for agriculture and production, military, etc..

> This story is about people on a 40 year journey from Earth to <Planet Not-Yet-Named> which can be terraformed.
>> We need a way for the astronauts to remain young during this 40 year old trek. I was thinking that it's plausible for the governments of different nations to send 10-20 families from each major country up to space. They just live there, trained in some profession to maintain the ship and terraform the new planet.
>>> I had contemplated an elixir that preserves youth, but that could easily get out of hand--abuse, cancerous side effects, wars to stay young--and I wasn't sure if we wanted to go in that direction.
>>>> Maybe the story could open up in the middle of the 40 year journey--and they find a wormhole that warps them closer to it. Then we could have a "journey" story--and a "yay! new planet!" story.

> When we write, we write from the perspective of our own character on the ship. For example, I could be a skinny little 10 year girl, training to be a worker in the bio dome. You could be a military officer, 35, handsome--or the President! If we crossed paths in the story, you could ask me how my character would react and I'd respond to you. n.n It's really collaborative that way.

> 500 words min and max. We want equal parts. n.n

> About Ships: ((thank you, Jasper! ))
Big Huge Military Fighting Ship
Presidents Ship
Bio Dome Ship with several different domes for different environments and food is grown here
Fuel Ship - to make or recycle the fuel they use
Passenger ships - These would have peopl on them by religion and such maybe race.
Cargo ships - sorted by what they are carrying probably.

> Fantasy Elements? : If you can incorporate them, AWESOME! In fact, if you're uncomfortable with sci-fi--feel free to have your character in a medieval virtual-reality world, or whatever you wish.

Sky's the limit. ^ ^

Is this all correct? I'm open to hearing anything--and sorry if I overwhelmed you!

sounds good to me
go for it!

Divine Shark's Queen

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
My Part is Complete. yum_strawberry

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
cara_fairy
My Part is Complete. yum_strawberry

Very Good!
I will inform the next in line heart

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Here's the link to our story thread
The Space Collaboration

Wealthy Donator

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Marathon 300
I call the president character....

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
JasperSethK

I'm actually having difficulty hammering out my character
I'm torn between two options
I could make her 36, and was a kid when the ships set off for the new world
or I could make her 42, and was a teenager when the ships set off
IN both scenarious she would be a housewife

Wealthy Donator

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Marathon 300
Ophelianime
JasperSethK

Teen would have been more observant then the kid, but the kid would have seen things differently then a teen more pure, innocent and childlike

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
JasperSethK
Ophelianime
JasperSethK

Teen would have been more observant then the kid, but the kid would have seen things differently then a teen more pure, innocent and childlike

the other thing is that if she shipped off when she was a kid, then she would have met her husband on the ship
but I'm thinking that if she left when she was a teenager, there's the possibility that they would have met beforehand, and that's part of the reason she joined the enterprise (meaning the mission, not Star Trek)

Wealthy Donator

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Marathon 300
Ophelianime
JasperSethK
Ophelianime
JasperSethK

the other thing is that if she shipped off when she was a kid, then she would have met her husband on the ship
but I'm thinking that if she left when she was a teenager, there's the possibility that they would have met beforehand, and that's part of the reason she joined the enterprise (meaning the mission, not Star Trek)

Either is good!

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
JasperSethK
Ophelianime
JasperSethK
Ophelianime
JasperSethK

Either is good!

I'm thinking that I'll go with 36
thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out